Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

bird with big dick posted:

Planning on doing a screen shot dump of my current ship stable I’d like to see other peoples too

Haven't done one of these in a while, so why not.

(ROU) Perfect Aesthetic
S-Class Fighter
My go-to ship. Does everything I want it to, looks cool as hell.

(GOU) Cone Of Uncertainty
S-Class Squid Exotic
Never use it, but too perfect not to keep. Looks great at warp.

(ROU) Positive Deviance
S-Class Royal Exotic
Another one I picked up just for the aesthetics.

The Radiant Leburg
S-Class Living Ship
End result of the Living Ship questline, and the only ship I didn't rename, because it seemed rude to rename a sapient creature.

(LSV) Strategic Tenacity
A-Class Hauler
A workhorse ship that I take on Abandoned Freighter missions to stash my inventory in (to have more space for loot).

(GOU) Murmuration
S-Class Solar Sailer
For when I'm feeling FANCY

(ROU) Least Painful Resolution
S-Class Sentinel Interceptor
Probably my second most used ship because of how brutal it is. Like an angry space KITT.

(ROU) Consumer Technology Event
S-Class Golden Vector
Reward for completing the first Expedition. An absolute beast, but more a trophy than anything. Plus, gaudy as gently caress.

(LOU) A New Momentum
S-Class Speeder
AKA: The Utopia Speeder. Reward for that questline. Never use it, barely upgraded it.

(GSV) Vague Pure Affection
B-Class Freighter
Mobile garage and fleet launch point. Haven't bothered pimping out the inside much.

Bonus; my current drip

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Who else is a hoarder

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I still need a squid and I can't loving believe I've played as many hours as I have and have literally never seen one.

I don't have pics of everything yet but I do have my Exotics and my Interceptors:

This is my new work horse, not much reason to fly anything else right now though it is down a little on damage compared to my fighter:

and just picked up this guy as the first S class I've stumbled across:

e: my 80k DPS fighter, still trying to see if I can get it higher

My bird:

My big mama class A freighter

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 3, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Haven't done one of these in a while, so why not.

You did it to me again, Gravitas, I was gonna say something like "drat that's a lot of culture ship names" and then I checked who wrote the post

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Phy posted:

You did it to me again, Gravitas, I was gonna say something like "drat that's a lot of culture ship names" and then I checked who wrote the post

I literally have a Google Drive doc of things that would make good Culture ship names

Macropiper
Feb 11, 2007

Pillbug
Named my freighter GCU Astray in Hawkeyeland, from the America Addio song. Doesn't feel big enough to be a GSV, but I suppose nothing in NMS is.

Might have to adopt the GOU or ROU naming for my ships, my main exotic is called Karaka Hannakat. It came with the Hannakat, and it is orange. Karaka is the Māori word for orange.

Macropiper fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 4, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Macropiper posted:

Named my freighter GCU Astray in Hawkeyeland, from the America Addio song. Doesn't feel big enough to be a GSV, but I suppose nothing in NMS is.

Might have to adopt the GOU or ROU naming for my ships, my main exotic is called Karaka Hannakat. It came with the Hannakat, and it is orange. Karaka is the Māori worrd for orange.

Mā is White, Whero is Red, Kākāriki Green~

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_TLfNmSQY

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Was just about to post this. A trailer for the next release, Echoes.

I'm freakin' hyped!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

Who else is a hoarder

That's how my inventory looked until my PS4 broke so hard all my saves were lost, and I upgraded to NMS on PS5. Currently, I don't even have a single container!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Was just about to post this. A trailer for the next release, Echoes.

I'm freakin' hyped!

Lol is that the E from M3gan?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

it was the e from ESPRIT for a few decades first

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
A legit news website jumped the gun on publishing their article and quickly removed it. Seemed legit and largely copied/pasted from a Hello Games press release. Looks like there'll be a new robot race and the ability to build your own robot by collecting robot parts as well as a new pirate freighter that can be destroyed via a star wars-esque trench run and some sort of staff built using scavenged parts that improves mining and can be used in combat. It launches thursday.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

More robot friends? Yesssssss

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gaspy Conana posted:

A legit news website jumped the gun on publishing their article and quickly removed it. Seemed legit and largely copied/pasted from a Hello Games press release. Looks like there'll be a new robot race and the ability to build your own robot by collecting robot parts as well as a new pirate freighter that can be destroyed via a star wars-esque trench run and some sort of staff built using scavenged parts that improves mining and can be used in combat. It launches thursday.

I had seen all of that leaked before, but Thursday? That's weird. I would have expected it today (Wednesday), as is tradition.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I dunno, could be wrong I s'pose. Maybe it has to do with gamescom announcment timing?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gaspy Conana posted:

I dunno, could be wrong I s'pose. Maybe it has to do with gamescom announcment timing?

Perhaps. Or is Thursday their literal 7th anniversary? I don't know. But yeah, now I'm seeing Thursday being what everyone else is saying, too (everyone who's leaked the info, that is).

I just want ship customizability and actually dangerous dreadnoughts. :negative:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i know. i mean yea that stuff seems ok but i just want to repaint my drat spaceship

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Does the game not let you make animals that pop out of the ground companions? I'm gonna be so sad if that's true because I mean. Just look at this idiot

I've tried throwing pellets on the ground and it doesn't work it just keeps popping up in front of me with that stupid lovable face. Oh my god there's a baby one 😭

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 24, 2023

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Does the game not let you make animals that pop out of the ground companions? I'm gonna be so sad if that's true because I mean. Just look at this idiot

I've tried throwing pellets on the ground and it doesn't work it just keeps popping up in front of me with that stupid lovable face. Oh my god there's a baby one 😭

Oh, those are cute! Makes me envious. Most of the animals I've seen recently have either been dinosaurs or abominations. Like, one planet I had to spend some time on getting copper was filled with nests of giant monster worms. Including several Dune-sized monstrosities constantly burrowing through the ground. The constant stress this caused made me paranoid and cautious, but also made me forgot to take any pictures. It was like I was suddenly in a horror movie

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I read up today and you can't which RIP. Found an annoying thing while trying to get the photos though. I'm using FSR 2.0 performance and the screenshots the game takes are of the lower resolution it uses before it applies the temporal upscaling so they just look like poo poo so I had to go back and get a proper screenshot with reshade.

I did take this absolutely horrible little goblin as a companion though and now I don't know which would be better (worse) making it tiny or huge?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1694696224664789098?t=7iLVwXtk560eTuGNhdWMtw&s=19

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm slightly annoyed that I went to all the effort of doing the expedition to look like a robot, and now I can just do it as a default!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I read up today and you can't which RIP. Found an annoying thing while trying to get the photos though. I'm using FSR 2.0 performance and the screenshots the game takes are of the lower resolution it uses before it applies the temporal upscaling so they just look like poo poo so I had to go back and get a proper screenshot with reshade.

I did take this absolutely horrible little goblin as a companion though and now I don't know which would be better (worse) making it tiny or huge?

Oh, this monstrosity definitely knows the times

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Haven't played this game in a while but this update seems pretty huge. Lots of new stuff.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Interesting, you can now divert power to weapons, shields or engines.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

That, and you can specifically target spots on freighters to destroy.

Gives me FTL vibes.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, I'm off to become a robotman (again) and learn the ways and language of my people.

Just as I finished the rep-grind for all the other three races.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Was X-Wing (30 years old this year!) the first space sim to feature power management as a gameplay element?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Autophages are rad. By the way, if you're starting after getting your robot look from the last expedition you may be surprised to find your head is now the default head. To get it back, you have to set Autophage as your race and it'll be one of the available heads.

Phy posted:

Was X-Wing (30 years old this year!) the first space sim to feature power management as a gameplay element?

I can remember quite a few from the mid-90's which was when I was mostly playing any kinds of sims but that sounds like it might be, certainly a high-profile one.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Phy posted:

there was a really lovely unlicensed text-based "Star Trek" game i played as a kid in the 80's that technically mentioned power management. it was for Amiga. came on a "Fred Fish" disk. i don't know if it counts as a space sim really, but it did have power management. actually im going to say it does count, just so i can add it to the great Universal Tally of Star Trek's Victories Over Star Wars

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 24, 2023

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Where do you start the narrative quest I must be blind.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Where do you start the narrative quest I must be blind.

Jump to another system.

E: It might have to be a dissonant system, not sure but the one I chose at random was.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Jump to another system.

E: It might have to be a dissonant system, not sure but the one I chose at random was.

Ah right I played a bit post update but I was loving around looking for robot fauna and guess I didn't hit a dissonant system.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

there was a really lovely unlicensed text-based "Star Trek" game i played as a kid in the 80's that technically mentioned power management. it was for Amiga. came on a "Fred Fish" disk. i don't know if it counts as a space sim really, but it did have power management. actually im going to say it does count, just so i can add it to the great Universal Tally of Star Trek's Victories Over Star Wars

Oh, poo poo, yeah that'd do it, the Trek game goes back as far as the 70s on paper printouts! I had a copy of EGATrek from before they had to change all the copyrightable stuff, eg "Klingons" to "Mongols". So same thing you were playing but with graphics.

Not quite the style of space sim I was thinking of (as in, something that would have wanted a joystick to control the ship) but it is in space and a sim, good call.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
VR trench runs sound potentially awesome

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The new quest is basically building your own lightsaber, only it's a robo-pimp Pimp-Bot cane so there's quite a bit of Star Wars influence in this update.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

The new quest is basically building your own lightsaber, only it's a robo-pimp Pimp-Bot cane so there's quite a bit of Star Wars influence in this update.

If you want to pitch something to Todd Howard Sean Murray, you have to somehow tie it to Star Wars.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hope the expedition drops soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

What did I do to deserve this horrible little goblin I can't take him anywhere.

https://i.imgur.com/tht8U2H.mp4