Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1694313608606368090#m
Romanov is slowly losing his mind over the Kherson bridgeheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

hazardousmouse posted:

Just a orbital timing thing where it was advantageous?

It's this.

OAquinas posted:

Unlike other bodies in the solar system, there isn't much incentive to wait for an optimal window for the moon outside of time of day. So one or the other was competing, or it was just incredible coincidence.

Not true. The differences are much lower than with other targets, but there are lower and higher-cost times to go there, and right now is the lowest-cost window to go this year. For a lot of rockets this is irrelevant, but the Indian lander had such a puny transfer stage they deliberately delayed for it. I don't know about the Russian one.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1694313608606368090#m
Romanov is slowly losing his mind over the Kherson bridgeheads.

He also used several words to describe exactly what's happening. Check mate. I am smart.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Party Ape posted:

Actually genocide (including kidnapping tens of thousands of children for "reeducation") was evil when Australia did it to our first nations people and it's still evil now when it's white people doing it to other white people.

Maybe I'm not seeing the nuance you are.

A dingus ate my bay-bay.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

We don't care if we suffer if Ukraine suffers more - the absolute state of Puccian bloggers after today's Ls

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

zone posted:

We don't care if we suffer if Ukraine suffers more - the absolute state of Puccian bloggers after today's Ls

What the gently caress is a day.

We just don't know.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Rus mir going to be losing their minds this week with taking L's and the Trump mugshot bonanza. Nukes Nukes Nukes. Drone and missile tantrums. Hopefully some additional smoking accidents and surrenders. The bones keep rolling.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Now this is potentially some Actual Content. How do you even lose an entire spread-out battery?

...wait, they just parked all the systems next to each other, didn't they?

Ukrainian homonazis, comrade, broke into camp and crossed out word "not" in setup manual section labeled "do not place radar and launchers next to eachother". Impossible to deal with such tactics.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
hosed at s400 for a billion batchi (export version)

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1694347633177841961#m
Didn't take long for mighty Puccia to throw another temper tantrum. The loss of the Bastion and the S-400 battery must have really stung.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

OAquinas posted:

Unlike other bodies in the solar system, there isn't much incentive to wait for an optimal window for the moon outside of time of day. So one or the other was competing, or it was just incredible coincidence.

In Moons case the day is almost the length of a Earths month. India timed the landing to start of the lunar day to get most out of their solar panels.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
⚡️Kyiv city, Mykolaiv, Cherkasy and Chernihiv regions – air raid alert, – Regional Military Administrations.

Follow to the nearest shelter immediately Military building.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If only you cow dies, you bitch creature, indeed

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Apparently the Russian Telegram story is that the helicopter got lost, somehow decided that Poltava was a safe airbase for them, landed and was captured with 2 crew deaths

the Ukrainian story is that it was a defection set up by the GUR

pick whichever story you prefer, both ways Ukraine ends up up a helicopter

zone
Dec 6, 2016

If nothing else, the parts are even more important to help keep their fleet of CAS airframes in action.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lars von Trier with maybe a terminal case of tank brain.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1694054699656212758?s=46

Yahoo link if you can’t read X’s.

https://news.yahoo.com/danish-filmmaker-lars-von-trier-201154017.html

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Nice, Russia blew up a school.

More from Ukraine now. Four educational workers have been killed and four other people injured in an attack on a school in the north of the country, Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko says.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Chaos reigns."
-- Lars von Trier, Antichrist

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Worked better as one post.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All slavs matter

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Alright, what the gently caress are they doing in Ukraine in the first place? Turn around and get the gently caress out, or surrender, if your lives matter to you so much.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tai posted:

More from Ukraine now. Four educational workers have been killed and four other people injured in an attack on a school in the north of the country, Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko says.

They had to because of what the USA did in Afghanistan.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Holy poo poo they actually Hunt for Red October'd Russia.

Thats one for the three-day SMO list.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

EorayMel posted:

What the gently caress is a day.

We just don't know.

Someone make the unknown technology meme but with the sun rising.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

BrassRoots posted:

Woah bro! Too homo. No, wait. Actually, it's not homo enough.

They do look very much in love. A good, wholesome comic. :allears:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Polidoro posted:

Someone make the unknown technology meme but with the sun rising.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
lol thank you

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Tai posted:

Were the russians who fired the missile harmed or can I remain emotionally detached from this conflict?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is that a tiny dick there? is it emotionally detached, or just detached?

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

zone posted:

Alright, what the gently caress are they doing in Ukraine in the first place? Turn around and get the gently caress out, or surrender, if your lives matter to you so much.

They already told us! There are Nazis! And the good people are being genocided! And the land is in their constitution (don't check the date on that amendment!)! They blew up the beautiful, legal, moral bridge and people we told to be there got hurt!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
"Ukranian School" is just another word for "homonazi training complex" when you think about it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Disco Pope posted:

"Ukranian School" is just another word for "homonazi training complex" when you think about it.

Ukrainian hospitals are just breeding grounds for fascist child soldiers, that is why missile strikes on them over things such as ammo depots are good :actually:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

EorayMel posted:

Ukrainian hospitals are just breeding grounds for fascist child soldiers, that is why missile strikes on them over things such as ammo depots are good :actually:

don't gotta hit ammo depots when you're destroying a trillion dollars worth of western materiel every day

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
just trying to help their poor smaller gdp brothers why all the hate

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
In the spirit of my new red text (tankie too lazy to even make it red and give me a Hillary av? for shame), I just donated $200 to Nova Ukraine (plus transaction fee). Thanks for the encouragement, goonfriend. Slava!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pekinduck posted:

Holy poo poo they actually Hunt for Red October'd Russia.

Thats one for the three-day SMO list.

Not quite yet, we still haven't seen a defecting submarine.

Hopefully soon though :allears:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Issaries posted:

In Moons case the day is almost the length of a Earths month. India timed the landing to start of the lunar day to get most out of their solar panels.

Ach, good point. Forgot about the tidally locked long day. Yeah, that would definitely limit your launch window for a specific landing area. I was thinking more of just the "Get into orbit" phase, but yeah--no sense leaving it parked there when you could just time the launch better.

You can do some crazy Expanse-course-plotting stuff with a tiny injection motor, if you have the patience for it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

In the spirit of my new red text (tankie too lazy to even make it red and give me a Hillary av? for shame), I just donated $200 to Nova Ukraine (plus transaction fee). Thanks for the encouragement, goonfriend. Slava!

There is a Ukraine Donation Thread somewhere here and i think they give you a spiffy banner if you post details.... hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will get you there. :kiddo:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HonorableTB posted:

now now,. thats an entry level hilldawg. in accordance with our strong and established neolib principles GABA must work their way up the posting org chart and bootstrap themselves to a means-tested 10 fingered hillary

I know what you are talking about, but I think we need thread rules about these two words being in such close proximity to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

OAquinas posted:

Edit: ^^ Exactly. You can take fuel-efficient long treks to it or you can come in burning. In Russia's case, they just hit the emergency brake from ludicrous speed and held it too long so their deceleration into captured orbit became a lithobraking trajectory.

Lithobraking is by far the fastest method. You can't argue with results!