Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also Nintendo gets off on bullying, so GDQ having money to fight back probably scared them off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Popy posted:

still rather have Chromehounds 2 then a dumb AC game

give me a zone of the Enders but with gundam iron blooded orphans setting and a persona or fire emblem style social system between mech poo poo to put all the horrifying civilian poo poo in it and you have made the perfect game

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

triple sulk posted:

do you need to know anything at all about the other ac games

First scene you get interrogated about your past crimes and if you get it wrong it corrupts you ssd.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GDQ and randomizer hacks are a bit outside of what Nintendo normally persues too. If you're selling roms or even planning on using their IP for a fan project or to make money they will destroy you. They tend to leave you alone if you're just doing rom edits and not trying to monetize.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Assassin's Creed

Ace Combat

Armored Core

too many ACs

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I tried to play ZoE2 recently after enjoying some old armored core games and it's pretty awful.
The whole gameplay control system is contextual, whether you're shooting or meleeing is a matter of how close you are and whether you're using aoe or focussed attacks is based on your movement, so you can't control anything accurately
and the translation is real bad so you have to squint to see if someone actually means the opposite of what theyr saying every other line.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Popy posted:

still rather have Chromehounds 2 then a dumb AC game

go play verdict day.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ac6 below 90 on metacritic, wrap it up fromailures

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zokari posted:

ac6 below 90 on metacritic, wrap it up fromailures

not on pc

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

theres no invasions mechanic so I'll just do another bg3 playthrough for now. really hosed my first one up.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its utterly amazing that nintendo has gotten away with putting out the same game, pokemon, in two different versions for all these years. look and weep todd howard

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Communist Thoughts posted:

I tried to play ZoE2 recently after enjoying some old armored core games and it's pretty awful.
The whole gameplay control system is contextual, whether you're shooting or meleeing is a matter of how close you are and whether you're using aoe or focussed attacks is based on your movement, so you can't control anything accurately
and the translation is real bad so you have to squint to see if someone actually means the opposite of what theyr saying every other line.

Skill issue

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

its utterly amazing that nintendo has gotten away with putting out the same game, pokemon, in two different versions for all these years. look and weep todd howard

i remember thinking this was bullshit even as a kid lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"gently caress do you mean i gotta buy a second cartridge to collect all 150 pokemon??"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

triple sulk posted:

do you need to know anything at all about the other ac games

Nah theyr like FF and they don't really follow on from eachother

Generally there are mech pilots who are usually called ravens and are independent mercs, they do jobs for evil mega corps who are loving/have hosed the world up

That's not the case in all of them tho, sometimes you're called a Lynx and you might be a Hound in this one

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the number of people that actually buy both versions is probably infinitesimal though, especially nowadays with online trading making it trivial to get the other versions exclusives

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zokari posted:

the number of people that actually buy both versions is probably infinitesimal though, especially nowadays with online trading making it trivial to get the other versions exclusives

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:wrong:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
people love pokemans

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

pokemon is for children why put in effort

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ur right, it's lower

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

They made it so mario could jump off his hat and everyone lost their minds

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Popy posted:

pokemon is for children why put in effort

it's for people of all ages who enjoy monsters

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
all I know is the newest mario golf is poo poo trash that belongs in the dumpster, worse in every way than the gamecube mario golf. gently caress u nintendo

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

nintendo is out of control

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they've really nailed Mario Kart tho. they put all their resources into perfecting Mario Kart

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Mario Kart is good yes. isn't it the Wii U one though?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's all of them now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
like the new Mario golf has fewer features and looks worse than the one from literally 20 years ago. Nintendo has made fools of us all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

like the new Mario golf has fewer features and looks worse than the one from literally 20 years ago. Nintendo has made fools of us all

they assigned too many workers to the karting team and not enough to the golfing team

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is literally useless lol
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1694348262713561396?t=7FmREbZjlHdoO8A-QHiD3w&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's the perfect handheld

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

finding someone in middle school with the other cartridge color owned, sorry haters and anti socials.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they should sell a cool backpack carrying case to tote around your ps5 and your PlayStation portal and your PlayStation link compatible headset and the three different power adapters for each one.

the future of gaming is portable and the future is now.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Norton posted:

nintendo is out of control

P is stored in the balls

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
man what a bizarre product. literally just for local streaming in your house?

…does it even have speakers?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the milk machine posted:

all I know is the newest mario golf is poo poo trash that belongs in the dumpster, worse in every way than the gamecube mario golf. gently caress u nintendo

there is zero reason to play golf on a screen now that golf in vr exists

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol it sounds worse than just using Chromecast on a tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

they will sell millions