Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sucrose posted:

I guess Putin’s whole idea was to lure Prigozhen into a false sense of security, and then kill him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KSaS6eDN5E

Blyatla (Piano Exit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Possible fake death.

But if not, a solid LOL that the person who had Putin on his heels stopped his coup and played nice because Putin promised he'd be fine.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well I guess Putin managed to get one thing right finally. Now knock it off

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

RDM posted:

Greyzone says it was Russian air defense

Yeah unconfirmed reports air defense was "working" in the area.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So next a full-blown rebellion of the Wagner troops stationed/imprisoned to Belarus?

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

There is actually footage from inside the plane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHXevnoAciY&t=61s

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Lithoblyating

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tiaz posted:

I'm torn, because on the one hand Prigozhin is a big-time piece of poo poo and I will not be sorry at all if he's dead. On the other hand, it would be very funny if Russia keeps trying and failing to kill him

Yeah I, for one, hope that he lived to coup another day

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ESDK posted:

Polonium FINNNGGGAAAAA! He's the man, the man with the ionizing touch! Its too much!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ESDK posted:

You're too late binch, thread title'd

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
History shows that it always goes so well for a country when you start merking high ranking/influence people.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Seth Pecksniff posted:

From the way it's falling it doesn't necessarily look like engine failure but idk I'm not an aircraft mechanic

the footage I saw the aircraft was certainly out of control, which can be downstream of an engine failure through pilot error or incapacitation. but I agree it's unlikely that a 'mere' engine failure started the accident chain, or that it's an accident

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Of all the planes to suddenly crash, it was this one. After basically everyone called it weeks ago.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

pro starcraft loser posted:

But if not, a solid LOL that the person who had Putin on his heels stopped his coup and played nice because Putin promised he'd be fine.

This is what I don't understand. How could he not have understood there's no walking back.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
PRIGOZHIN DEAD, I WAKE

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Must have been a smoking accident on the plane.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Something Wrong
I hold my head
Prigozhin gone
A Wanker dead

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

ESDK posted:

It's wrong to wish death upon others, but I sincerely hope this happened to preggo and he was conscious for the entirety of it

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Official photograph of the extremely sadly departed below (2023, colorised) :rip:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Where can I donate to Prigohzins memorial fund

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pekinduck posted:

This is what I don't understand. How could he not have understood there's no walking back.

He did not strike me as a clever or well-tempered man, if I may speak ill of the (hopefully) dead.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
He had one chance to have a positive impact on the world but opted for a different kind of impact

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:rock:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

If Russian lives matter, why do they keep fighting a war in Ukraine? Seems like the fastest way to save a bunch of Russian lives would be to end the war and give back the land you stole.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zone posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL, who else had "Prigozhin gets snuffed and becomes a martyr after the failed coup attempt against the MoD and Putin" in their Bingo cards?

The only Russian general who actually won a battle, although very Pyrrhic one, got assassinated a day after the other a bit too competent one was sacked.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What? Air defence doing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Y'know, I really expected him to go out by accidentally falling from a window.

Seems to happen a lot in Russia.

Also surprised it took this long.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

loving lmao

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Is the missile ok?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

KREE!!!! THESE ARE THE JAFFA FROM CHULAK WHO DIED TODAY. THE BLOOD IS STILL FRESH.
KREE APOPHIS!, YOU HASSHAK SHOL'VA! THESE ARE SOMEONE'S KAL'MA AND SOMEONE'S SIM'KA.
AND THOSE WHO ARE NOT GIVING US ZAT'NIK'TELS WILL BE IN NETU MUNCHING ON THEIR OWN PRIM'TA!
WE HAVE 70% SHORTAGE OF MA'TOK STAFF WEAPONS

APOPHIS! SHOL'VA!!! WHERE ARE THE loving ZAT'NIK'TELS? WHERE ARE THE MA'TOK???

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

KREE!!!! THESE ARE THE JAFFA FROM CHULAK WHO DIED TODAY. THE BLOOD IS STILL FRESH.
KREE APOPHIS!, YOU HASSHAK SHOL'VA! THESE ARE SOMEONE'S KAL'MA AND SOMEONE'S SIM'KA.
AND THOSE WHO ARE NOT GIVING US ZAT'NIK'TELS WILL BE IN NETU MUNCHING ON THEIR OWN PRIM'TA!
WE HAVE 70% SHORTAGE OF MA'TOK STAFF WEAPONS

APOPHIS! SHOL'VA!!! WHERE ARE THE loving ZAT'NIK'TELS? WHERE ARE THE MA'TOK???

lmfao

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Is buttercup okay?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would like to extend my congratulations to Russian Air Defence forces for first sucessful denazification since february 2022.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
congratulations to russia on finally managing a successful denazification operation

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Prigo really Bukked up this time!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly it would be kind of darkly hilarious if he popped up in a video a few days from now going all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZ5ZRL_i2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

the popes toes posted:

Ah, this might be good. Trailer for Sean Penn's documentary about his visit just when poo poo was going down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOwyyd8RWk

New lower decks season *and* a dope ukraine doc? slava paramount plus

and lol prigo dead in a plane crash :byetankie: