Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We're going to get a bunch of youtubers making videos at/for Gamescom this week, so hopefully a bunch of early start city footage and then no doubt terrible planning and city management from said youtubers

A couple have announced ad streams for the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Baron Porkface posted:

This game has petitions?

I want them to bring back this guy

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Livestream of the game is starting from gamescom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez__wEYumqQ

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Wait, this just a bunch of Twitch randos they're streaming?

--edit: This is excruciating already.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 23, 2023

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Combat Pretzel posted:

--edit: This is excruciating already.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to watch this. If there's anything interesting I'm sure a summary will show up.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

True. I was expecting at least someone who has actually played CS1.
This is painful to watch even without the lag.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

A few streamers who have played the previous game will also be streaming it: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/cities-skylines-ii/cities-in-the-sky

ambiguousamphibian has done videos, RTGame has too.

for some reason jschlatt has returned to stream this on his own https://twitch.tv/schlatt

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Schlattt "I loving hate Celcius. It's stupid."-rant :yikes:

Just start playing the game dammit.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The game music is nice. I turn it off since I'm usually listening to an audiobook or something.

There are apparently in-game radio commercials/announcements during it.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah there are enough people doing it just find the streamer you like the most and watch them

AA seems to be having an easy enough time making good lookin circles which is heartening

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I tried to watch his but the audio is so bad.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Going by RT's stream, poop volcanos are still viable

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah everyone I've tried to watch streaming this has hosed up audio and I think it's the sound gate clipping from the wind since they're outside using gaming headsets. Game looks good but real dumb PR gimmick lol

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I have no idea how he did this lol

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdCZvATRto

If you just want to watch a couple hours of gameplay I found this. I do not know if this guy is annoying if you speak Japanese.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the yogs guy has the best audio of them all

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Okay I'm glad I stuck with one of them now. He just hosed with the water and it wasn't chaos.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh cool there will be separate demand for different densities

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

explosivo posted:

Yeah everyone I've tried to watch streaming this has hosed up audio and I think it's the sound gate clipping from the wind since they're outside using gaming headsets. Game looks good but real dumb PR gimmick lol

They are specifically streaming from on top of a crane. Which yes is the best way to show off your new game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

They are specifically streaming from on top of a crane. Which yes is the best way to show off your new game.
How are they so loving stupid? Is it a marketing decision? :psyduck:

There are so many good streamers who aren't insufferable to watch and, more importantly, listen to. I made it almost 30 seconds at one of the ones they got instead.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

oh cool there will be separate demand for different densities

I'm going to raise taxes on suburbanites into the high 20s. This is praxis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Poil posted:

There are so many good streamers who aren't insufferable to watch and, more importantly, listen to. I made it almost 30 seconds at one of the ones they got instead.

Honestly I would generally be quite content to watch a lot of those personalities but I think a lot of them do better prerecorded content where they have time to actually understand the thing they're playing, and also not yelling into a facecam while 150 feet in the air.

The japanese guy has much better quality and presentation but I have no idea what anything is because I can't read or understand anything.

I will say from watching his video it seems like junctions work quite differently? He doesn't quite land the road on the node sometimes but it still makes a junction, it just makes a weirdly shaped long one.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 23, 2023

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Honestly I would generally be quite content to watch a lot of those personalities but I think a lot of them do better prerecorded content where they have time to actually understand the thing they're playing, and also not yelling into a facecam while 100 feet in the air.
True. Having to learn and figure out the game, while streaming, is bad enough without such a stupid location.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

jokes posted:

I'm going to raise taxes on suburbanites into the high 20s. This is praxis.

:hmmyes:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Watching that Japanese video. I REALLY hope you can turn off the XP ding that happens literally every single time you do literally anything. I like the roads showing the radius of zoning instead of having to count.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well I hope that it only lets you make it louder!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Poil posted:

its funny op

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It would be funny as a short advert but it's mostly just making me not watch any of the promo stuff because the already somewhat unpleasant experience of watching people try to figure out a game while streaming at a noisy conference is exacerbated by it also occuring in a wind tunnel.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Cities: Skylines, building a city in the sky

That's literally the gimmick

Very silly

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Now that I've finished Baldur's Gate 3 I can get back to plopville.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Baldur's Gate is good? I've been hankering for a turnbased adventure sort of game lately, might try picking it up.

(I am very out of the loop, I only play things like CS, KSP and Factorio, when I play games at all)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It's amazing. I went in with zero expectations, ignored the marketing and never played a game by this studio before, and it blew me away. Highly recommend.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Everybody I know that’s played it has said it’s GOTY material

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Grand Fromage posted:

It's amazing. I went in with zero expectations, ignored the marketing and never played a game by this studio before, and it blew me away. Highly recommend.

Exactly the same situation for me too and i'm just about to finish my 1st play through.

Really need CS2 to already come out cause after my next playthrough i don't have anything else

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

quote:

Teens and adults can choose to go to school or get a job. To make this decision they calculate the potential income if they choose to go to work and compare it to the income they will receive from a higher education level job after they graduate from school and see which one is more profitable for them. Some citizens have a preference for working instead of school and even if the potential future income would be better in the long run, they will still choose to work instead of studying.

not really liking how unrealistic the citizen sim is sounding

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

there seems to be a lot of bald sims, and while this is probably because they haven't finalized how they will render hair, i instead hope that the amount of hair cims have is the inverse of the amount of pollution they work and live in

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Great to see you can follow individual citizens - one of the little touches in SimCity 4 I liked.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Gonna like all my Cims Chirps but not fix any of the problems.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Gonna like all my Cims Chirps but not fix any of the problems.

concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

According to the new Dev Diary, the game will not only model building collapses, it will even mode citizens becoming trapped in the rubble and needing rescue

This fuckin’ game, man