Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
505 Hatch Chiles got the death star at my local costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

mariooncrack posted:

Probably not going anywhere. Sometimes items get the star and then they’re back a while later with a different SKU.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Costco sausages are boring and suck.

I had a polish woman trying to ask which sausages were most like ground pork, I pointed her at the Italian sausages, nothing but pork, sugar and salt.

I won’t pay for food court anymore, no vegetables or Italian sausage on the pizza, even in chicago. No sauerkraut- and despite claims here no raw onions (edit: or brown mustard) for hot dogs.

Starting to feel like a pretentious Sam’s Club.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Shredder posted:

- Monitor the situation until the brats are almost done cooking, probably about 150F internal
How do you temp the brats if the whole point is to keep the casing intact?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

ExcessBLarg! posted:

How do you temp the brats if the whole point is to keep the casing intact?

You poke it with a thermometer, a tiny hole isn't going to ruin the sausage. Or just stick it in the pee hole, it will probably be bulging out of the casing anyhow

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Remulak posted:

I had a polish woman trying to ask which sausages were most like ground pork, I pointed her at the Italian sausages, nothing but pork, sugar and salt.

I won’t pay for food court anymore, no vegetables or Italian sausage on the pizza, even in chicago. No sauerkraut- and despite claims here no raw onions (edit: or brown mustard) for hot dogs.

:chloe:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remulak posted:

poo poo clubber detected
Mods please eject immediately

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Remulak posted:

no vegetables or Italian sausage on the pizza, even in chicago.

I've been saying this - absolutely criminal not to offer sausage here

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

poo poo clubber detected
Mods please eject immediately

yup

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

the rotichicken salad is good bivtch!!!

I’m sorry but it’s just not as good as it used to be.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Chicago brain at work

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
went to costco earlier. perfect time right before lunch rush. first time getting the onions since theyve returned in cup form. i give the cup of onions 5/5: they really give you a lot of onions. enough for 2 dogs imho. and they were just sitting out on the pickup counter to grab.

unfortunately the experience was marred by totally sucked dry relish dispensers. overall i give the dog 4/5: still really good with just onions and mustard.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I also just went to costco. Saw a lady buying 3 jars of the double G. Barely bought anything but I still spent $200.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
In case you were wondering, the FLTR company that was making masks for costco closed up shop. Did some digging, they were basically a chinese importer with no actual production of their own.

A pity, because I liked those masks (the tent kind), and only have another 50 or so.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In case you were wondering, the FLTR company that was making masks for costco closed up shop. Did some digging, they were basically a chinese importer with no actual production of their own.

A pity, because I liked those masks (the tent kind), and only have another 50 or so.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/out/link/43289/169009/4/128315?merchant=Amazon Here's some of those tent style masks on amazon wirecutter link to some made by Kimberly Clark so they're legit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I've already put in an order for some korean three-panel ones, I don't much care for the duckbill look.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Hello, Costco thread. Just saw this in twitter X the everything app and wanted to know your thoughts about it.

https://twitter.com/Marianabaenove/status/1691884324767859133?s=20

Translation: a dude in Guanajuato, Mexico opened his own store to sell Costco products to the masses. All he needs is some kind of station to make your own hot-dogs and it'll be just like the real thing.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

mariooncrack posted:

I saw them at mine in a new packaging- two smaller attached jars instead of one huge one.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EVG posted:

I saw them at mine in a new packaging- two smaller attached jars instead of one huge one.

id honestly prefer this since that means i keep half if it sealed in the pantry till i go through the first jar.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

nm - I was talkin' poo poo

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 23, 2023

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Kal-L posted:

Hello, Costco thread. Just saw this in twitter X the everything app and wanted to know your thoughts about it.

Translation: a dude in Guanajuato, Mexico opened his own store to sell Costco products to the masses. All he needs is some kind of station to make your own hot-dogs and it'll be just like the real thing.

Is this our first schism?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Kal-L posted:

this is just like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Joe%27s in Canada, and imo very cool

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Kal-L posted:

Next time I go to the Toyota plant there I'll see if I can convince someone to take me.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Shredder posted:

I understand not everyone here is from Wisconsin, so let me enlighten you on the best way to cook brats:

- Get one of those disposable metal trays about the size of a brownie pan but deeper
- Dump in a beer or two, enough to cover the brats, doesn't have to be anything good
- Add a decent amount of salt, maybe a tablespoon or two depending on how big your pan is (otherwise the liquid will draw the salt from the brats making them bland)
- Chop up an onion and throw it in the beer (Optional: green peppers and/or sauerkraut)
- Put brats in the pan
- Put the whole pan on the grill.
- Monitor the situation until the brats are almost done cooking, probably about 150F internal
- Remove the brats from the pan and put them on the other side of the grill to get a nice char
- Place brats back in the pan with the beer and onions
- You're done

Now put a brat on a bun along with some of the onions and some horeseradish mustard and try not to eat 4 of them

I'm so hungry right now after reading this, drat you.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pershing posted:

Is this our first schism?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Anyone sleep on that Novaform Comfort Grande mattress from Church? My Casper is causing me mild shoulder pain.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

LionYeti posted:

Anyone sleep on that Novaform Comfort Grande mattress from Church? My Casper is causing me mild shoulder pain.

I have a Casper and I also am starting to not like it for this same reason.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Foam mattresses do not last

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wanna check out a sleep number but I've been busy/lazy and haven't made it to a store to try it out. I gotta get something new though I am not having a comfortable sleep most nights.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

hark posted:

I wanna check out a sleep number but I've been busy/lazy and haven't made it to a store to try it out. I gotta get something new though I am not having a comfortable sleep most nights.

Sleep Number is the best IMO, but I have been sleeping on a Novaform mattress from Costco for almost 6 years and it is still very comfortable.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

nothing lasts

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

hark posted:

I've only used an older sleep number, but it feels like sleeping on an air mattress with a mattress topper on it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you cant even buy a non-hybrid mattress these days its like saying "mattress dont last" and youre right.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That sucks cause those were really cheap and I could afford to give them out free to customers (I wear better masks myself); I tried to stock up last week and apparently I missed them getting pulled from shelves by one day.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Enos Cabell posted:

nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
it slips away and all your money won’t another minute buy

Fixed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

binge crotching posted:

I've only used an older sleep number, but it feels like sleeping on an air mattress with a mattress topper on it.

Yeah, I've hated every one of those I've slept on. Absolutely do not understand the hype.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Hambulance posted:

Sleep Number is the best IMO

I doubt I could sleep at all knowing I spent $10k on a mattress

I will be innerspring until the day I die. I just bought a queen innerspring new for $179 and being the most ghetto model possible it is still better than any foam mattress.

Costco is all over the place on when/where they stock innersprings. I'm in the market for a flippable innerspring (best way to know they're not adding pillowtop/hybrid layers) but can't seem to spot one at the Co.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Zero VGS posted:

I doubt I could sleep at all knowing I spent $10k on a mattress

I will be innerspring until the day I die. I just bought a queen innerspring new for $179 and being the most ghetto model possible it is still better than any foam mattress.

Costco is all over the place on when/where they stock innersprings. I'm in the market for a flippable innerspring (best way to know they're not adding pillowtop/hybrid layers) but can't seem to spot one at the Co.

What else are you going to do with your money besides spend it on things? Especially on something as important as where you sleep? I know you said "better than any foam mattress" which is, imho, not even close to correct.

Wife and I have a slab of latex we bought 13~ years ago that's got some dips where we sleep but it still rules. Going to get another 100% latex whenever we do decide to replace it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
We like our foam mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Currently using a $250 zinus from amazon going on 5 years and it's still the best mattress I've ever slept on

I am looking to upgrade to a cali king though