Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

EorayMel posted:

So what is the over/under for Wagner now?

• Continues to operate as if nothing happened, mostly in Africa instead of Europe
  • Tries to go for a second coup on Moscow, succeeds (somehow?)
  • Tries to go for a second coup on Moscow, everybody involved gets killed or worse, arrested and tortured on private streaming networks
  • All the mercenaries run the gently caress away into Georgia
  • Putin issues a new law acknowledging, and then erasing, Wagner PMC, followed by all of the mercenaries hunted down for sport
  • Quietly tries to reintegrate into society, throwing all the gear and paperwork into a ditch and pretend they were all badass nightclub bouncers

If they can cough up a new leader who gets all other commanders behind him my money is on coup in Belarus, where most of the wagnerites already are.

EorayMel posted:

Wasn't wagner one of the very few factions to get one of the very few actually indisputable and technically true Russian victories in Ukraine? May or may not have also been the bulk of Russians getting butchered in Bakhmut

Yes; The hot dog man was pretty much the only general with a undisputed victory over UAF in his track record, although very very Pyrrhic one, at Bakhmut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

zone posted:

OH NO NO NO, raid on Moscow 2 electric boogaloo here we come :getin:

Do they even still have the equipment to do it? Are they still in Belarus or Africa?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

JustCallMeDC posted:

Well this is quite a turn of events, all I can say is: lmao what was pringles thinking by just calling off the coup?

i made a comment to this effect at the time but that entire situation really strikes me as a fuckin

like time travelers meddling situation because the coin flips of disaster on each face kept landing on the side

like, prig took southern command. could've ended in a massive shootout where tons of innocent russian civilians died. didn't. everyone rolled over.
prig could've taken multiple airbases and nuke stations on his way to moscow, thereby killing clueless grunts who had little to do with anything and threatening a huge area with whatever weapons he captured. didn't. just kept driving.
prig could've gone into moscow and sat on the kremlin, thereby killing shitloads of innocent civilians yet again. didn't. just turned around because he got tired.

the main victims in that entire coup nonsense were the fistful of russian helo pilots that got greased by AA, thinking they were going out to fire on a ukranian column and getting vaporized by wagner for their trouble. each one a senseless and pointless waste of human life, but not even 10 vs the thousands that were possible.

and now some of the worst people are dead with, VERY generously, 3 collateral casualties (the plane crew).

with how lovely and dumb the timeline has been the last 10 years it's like some clockwork in the universe is nudging us back to the midline.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EorayMel posted:

Wasn't wagner one of the very few factions to get one of the very few actually indisputable and technically true Russian victories in Ukraine? May or may not have also been the bulk of Russians getting butchered in Bakhmut or I'm just thinking about the time they were bitching more than usual because they no longer had special procurement for extra ammo and now had to abide by all regular army standards of 2.5 mags of AK bullets

Early on, maybe? But that steadily fell apart just like the VDV did.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

mobby_6kl posted:

Have they learned-

The answer is no

zone
Dec 6, 2016

EorayMel posted:

Wasn't wagner one of the very few factions to get one of the very few actually indisputable and technically true Russian victories in Ukraine? May or may not have also been the bulk of Russians getting butchered in Bakhmut or I'm just thinking about the time they were bitching more than usual because they longer had special procurement for extra ammo and now had to abide by all regular army standards of 2.5 mags of AK bullets

Pig Boss, may he burn in the inferno forever, claimed he lost 20,000 of his best trained fighters in Bakhmut. There were however, bigger numbers from Puccian regular army and prisoner battalions that died there.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1694419202277327062

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

lol

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
"Only the Highest of windows for my man Prig"
-Putin

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what're the odds on girkin getting got next?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lmao gotta say putin has a flair for the bond villain poo poo when he's on top of his game, however he is and will always be a tremendous piece of poo poo, even if he did kill another tremendous piece of poo poo and all of his nazi buddies too

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

NoiseAnnoys posted:

he already got got, he's rotting in prison minus an arm and having heart attacks

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

NoiseAnnoys posted:

He's literally being held in who-knows-where

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

He's likely in a real pickle right now

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
*metal gear solid alert noise*

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Jesus loving Christ, monke already began running for his life

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol at all the weird rear end headlines going around media. Here is another one for editors itt, free of charge:

Dirlewanger enthusiast from Russia suspected as participant in deadly plane crash, may be one of the corpses

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

lmao he had exactly two months to live after his excellent adventure.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

JustCallMeDC posted:

He's literally being held in who-knows-where

He's supposedly being held in Lefortovo prison in Moscow, lol

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A whole country I hope is not batting an eye to a ruler who will kill them in their sleep.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you almost coup a dictator don't fly in their country. Don't be in their country. Ride a moped in a different country.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Willo567 posted:

Do they even still have the equipment to do it? Are they still in Belarus or Africa?

No to the first, yes to the second.

City Slicker
May 28, 2020

Bets on what diguise he was wearing when the plane went down?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Utkin's SS tattoos messily flopping down on the concrete like the post-credits scene of xXx: State of the Union

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

russia's doobie should have stuck to selling hotdogs

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I guess you could say..... Putin's Cook...... Got his goose cooked
YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

City Slicker posted:

D.B. Cooper

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

City Slicker posted:

Prigozhin pulls the parachute cord but two dozen costume beards fly out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

swinging by this thread to lol at the news

zone
Dec 6, 2016

weg posted:

Prigozhin pulls the parachute cord but two dozen costume beards fly out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Coolguye posted:

the main victims in that entire coup nonsense were the fistful of russian helo pilots that got greased by AA, thinking they were going out to fire on a ukranian column and getting vaporized by wagner for their trouble. each one a senseless and pointless waste of human life, but not even 10 vs the thousands that were possible.

What? Every Russian pilot loss is a net gain for Ukraine. gently caress ‘em.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

russia's doobie should have stuck to selling hotdogs

Can't pile them 30,000 feet high

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm thinking that Prighozin guy might not have been as incredible a mastermind as he believed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I feel like this is more significant than Prig's flaccid coup attempt, because there's a lot more solid information confirming he's dead as hell, and he wasn't the only one dead from the crash.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He should have been the good version of the Nazis. The kind that shoots himself in a bunker.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

:lol: :lmao:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Oligarch leader of brutal and murderous Wagner war-criming company dead in mysterious missile-assisted plane crash? Oh no! Anyway,

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Came back from a fun day at Gamescom to this tragic news.

A beautiful life extinguished suddenly.

You people are bloodthirsty animals.

https://youtu.be/CiXNIjGX1hY

https://youtu.be/1o9rLDCfO6o

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do civilian aircraft have any detection / warning capability for incoming fire?

Did they get any warning or were they just enjoying some vodka comparing their SS tattoo's and then just blammo, everything is tungsten'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

swinging by this thread to lol at the news