Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The funniest thing about PissCats posts is the unsubtle name drop *clangs* where he implies he is an insider privy to confidential information whereas he is clearly a deranged whackjob shut in a basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://v.redd.it/pmf0dwf2keea1/DASH_240.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Starfield is going to be fine. Probably good. Maybe great, even. But it won’t be poo poo.

Or is this the crow that shits on Skyrim for being “total garbage” and Morrowind is better or Oblivion is better or whatever?

I swear this debate comes up in so many threads.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Lol I doubt it’s that uncommon of an opinion. I thought Skyrim was fine. Everything else post morrowind (maybe post sea dogs?) has been quite bad for them. I post in this thread and the BG3 thread though so if you think I’m someone trying to talk about Bethesda idk what to tell you

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I just read that Starfield will not have HOTAS support so it'll be a hard pass now. It's like they don't even care about fidelity

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Fil5000 posted:

How do any of you read his posts without your eyes unfocusing and your brain sliding out of your ears

I generally try to actually read his posts only up to the first thing that's demonstrably stupid and/or factually incorrect, which means I'm only getting 3 or 4 sentences in at the absolute most. After that, I might skim it to make sure that it's the same idiotic glurge he usually shovels out, just in case he's found some exciting new way to be a complete rube.

It is genuinely amazing to me that nobody(?) over there ever calls him out on all the drivel he posts. I'm sure they'd get moved to Concern or banned outright for their disturbing lack of faith, it's just surprising that nobody has the strength of character to point out what a loon he is.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

holtemon posted:

I just read that Starfield will not have HOTAS support so it'll be a hard pass now. It's like they don't even care about fidelity

This is really unfortunate, but HOTAS on a game designed around mouse/kb and joypad controllers can actually suck and be strictly worse, like in Planetside or No Man's Sky.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 23, 2023

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

Lol I doubt it’s that uncommon of an opinion. I thought Skyrim was fine. Everything else post morrowind (maybe post sea dogs?) has been quite bad for them. I post in this thread and the BG3 thread though so if you think I’m someone trying to talk about Bethesda idk what to tell you

If by bad for them you mean their best selling games that are played and beloved (despite their flaws) by millions of people?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Monocle cat guy's been a fascinating study in cognitive dissonance. You can actually feel it happening to him just from reading his screeds, uncoupled from reality though they are.

There were one or two posts back when SQ42 was ungamed wherein he clearly caught the briefest glimpse of reality. Which of course is: all of the money, time, and fanatic loyalty he's poured into CIG for over a decade are for nothing; he was taken by a con.

But that is too painful for his brain to even begin to process. You can actually watch his brain crash and reboot over the next few posts as the cognitive dissonance takes hold: his brain actually deletes and rewrites recent history, so as to maintain, no matter what the cost, the comforting delusion that the True Believers will be rewarded in the end.

If Chris Roberts had the ambition L. Ron Hubbard did, rather than just the amorality, he could have turned this into an actual certifiable no-poo poo religion. But all he really wants is to lounge in his Scrooge McDuck pool and play pretend he's a Hollywood director, so he's content to just milk the cultists until the last drop's squeezed.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Popete posted:

If by bad for them you mean their best selling games that are played and beloved (despite their flaws) by millions of people?

Sounds like cultist talk. Very germane for this thread frankly

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You specifically said "Everything else post morrowind (maybe post sea dogs?) has been quite bad for them" when by most most metrics a company that makes video games would measure their products success they have done very well.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Clearly I was talking about units sold, your argument is unassailable having exploited my blunder *tips my fedora*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Trilobite posted:

I generally try to actually read his posts only up to the first thing that's demonstrably stupid and/or factually incorrect, which means I'm only getting 3 or 4 sentences in at the absolute most. After that, I might skim it to make sure that it's the same idiotic glurge he usually shovels out, just in case he's found some exciting new way to be a complete rube.

It is genuinely amazing to me that nobody(?) over there ever calls him out on all the drivel he posts. I'm sure they'd get moved to Concern or banned outright for their disturbing lack of faith, it's just surprising that nobody has the strength of character to point out what a loon he is.

From what I gather from screenies of his fellow insane citizens that get posted here they seem to revel in his sage wisdom and are all 'oh poo poo sit down sirpissalot is poasting again'

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

dialhforhero posted:

This is really unfortunate, but HOTAS on a game designed around mouse/kb and joypad controllers can actually suck and be strictly worse, like in Planetside or No Man's Sky.

..or Star Citizen

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Fil5000 posted:

How do any of you read his posts without your eyes unfocusing and your brain sliding out of your ears

His words are Teflon, but for the human attention span instead of cookware.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

i am a moron posted:

Sounds like cultist talk. Very germane for this thread frankly

i am a moron posted:

Clearly I was talking about units sold, your argument is unassailable having exploited my blunder *tips my fedora*

post/username combo

:getout:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Popete posted:

You specifically said "Everything else post morrowind (maybe post sea dogs?) has been quite bad for them" when by most most metrics a company that makes video games would measure their products success they have done very well.

While I'll defend post morrowind games to an extent, sales numbers aren't a great metric of good. There's a lot of generic poo poo does massive numbers.

I'd argue Skyrim is a very shallow game, and Fallout 4 the main story sucked and in both a lot of the NPC's were very unmemorable. You can, and many, many people did have a lot of fun with them, but it's hard to argue that they didn't have issues.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's fine to not like a game but it's another thing to argue that they haven't been wildly successful by almost any metric including "liked by people who play videos games". BGS makes good games, a lot of people think so.

People play Star Citizen, I personally think it's a bad video game but I truly believe there are people out there that get some amount of fun out of it. Ultimately what makes Star Citizen a bad game is CIGs funding methods, scope creep, FOMO marketing/hype generation and anti-consumer practices. If this was a self funded project by CR nobody would care that it wasn't very well made.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It’s amazing that even when someone clarifies something for you, you’re still arguing against a point no one was trying to make.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You didn't clarify why you think BGS games post Morrowind are bad beyond "I think they are bad". I'm arguing by almost any other metric they have been succesful "good" games, even if there are people who don't like them.

It's subjective of course. I don't like Souls games but I can't deny there are tons of people who do and FromSoftware keeps making them to critical acclaim which is great for people who like souls games.

Edit: This is a dumb derail anyways, I'm sure this exact argument is going on in the Starfield thread right now.

Popete fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 23, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Popete posted:

Edit: This is a dumb derail anyways, I'm sure this exact argument is going on in the Starfield thread right now.

Nah, there all just lamenting how long until a truly epic sci-fi rpg like star citizen will come out.

It's very sorrowful times. :(

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

self quoting from the other thread

the gamescon thread in spectrum is 99% dissent, it feels good to read

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I wonder how many suicides there will be when the money faucet finally slows down enough that CRobbler and Co. shut it off and move on to something else.

Like people are legitimately going to die as a direct result of this grift.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
CIG sending employees to hangout at other companies Gamescom booths is one of the funniest parts of this whole fiasco.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wonder how many suicides there will be when the money faucet finally slows down enough that CRobbler and Co. shut it off and move on to something else.

I mean to be far this grift is at least better than the normal bitcoin/nft grift as at least people aren't expecting some magical multi million dollar pay out at the end.

I expect everyone will just move on to other grifts games. Haven't heard of any but I'm sure there's plenty out there.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Popete posted:

CIG sending employees to hangout at other companies Gamescom booths is one of the funniest parts of this whole fiasco.

For the next hour meet us behind the dumpsters for some swag.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I, for one, have definitely got my money's worth out of my Completionist Package, even if no game is ever released.

At least that's how I see it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

you keep talking about bethesda

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just love the ESRB bullshit Bethesda used to get away with. Like Morrowind getting a T even though it had a strip club and the Argonian maid stuff.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Regarde Aduck posted:

you keep talking about bethesda

They keep comparing their opinion that Bethesda games are bad to Star Citizen being a grift as if they're equivalent lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lammasu posted:

I just love the ESRB bullshit Bethesda used to get away with. Like Morrowind getting a T even though it had a strip club and the Argonian maid stuff.

Hey teens need to learn about lusty Argonian maids at somepoint in there life!

I'm just glad the ESRB acknowledged this.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eric the Mauve posted:

Suicides? Zero. Space game nerds can handle all abuse. The really invested people will just double down and tell themselves how happy they are to have been part of the dream.

Death threats? a billion.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Galaxt1ka/status/1677296091874705409
https://twitter.com/Galaxt1ka/status/1694363465983434811
https://twitter.com/Galaxt1ka/status/1694374105846538502

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

trucutru posted:

Suicides? Zero. Space game nerds can handle all abuse. The really invested people will just double down and tell themselves how happy they are to have been part of the dream.

Death threats? a billion.

Also the death threats will mostly be directed at any and all women affiliated with CIG.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Server meshing is the most BS buzzword sounding thing I've ever heard. But you can take infinite time to accomplish it because nobody knows what the gently caress it is

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Server meshing is the most BS buzzword sounding thing I've ever heard. But you can take infinite time to accomplish it because nobody knows what the gently caress it is

It's server instancing. That's it.

They're claiming they'll eventually make it completely seamless and fluid where if you shoot a bullet from an area governed by one server into an area governed by another server (e.g. 2 capital ships with 50+ player crews each hosted by it's own server) this will get passed between them without the player noticing but that's complete fantasy.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Mellow_ posted:

They keep comparing their opinion that Bethesda games are bad to Star Citizen being a grift as if they're equivalent lol

Definitely a thing you’ve imagined. People’s insistence about posting poo poo about the game in a thread that has nothing to do with it and then getting their defensiveness about their favorite milquetoast developer compared to SC fans is a thing tho

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

SQ42 doesn’t exist so it’s going to forever be worse than Starfield, but Starfield is going to be total and complete Bethesda style rear end

i am a moron posted:

Bethesda really pulling out the stops to convince people this won’t be trash huh

i am a moron posted:

"Why do people keep thinking I am talking about Bethesda???"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I will say though, Sea Dogs owned. Such an underrated game. Wouldn't really call it a Bethesda title though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Popete posted: