Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I know D&D likes to throw around the cliché that these guys all look like ham, but that guy looks like ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

I wonder how long Trump is spending in front of the mirror, trying to decide on which expression he will use.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He only has the one.

Eastman doesn't understand the DeLay rule of mugshots.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

The Lone Badger posted:

If you're changing voting you should ditch FPTP while you're at it. Go for instant-runoff or condorcet or something.
Single stochastic vote, so that we can finally vote for the candidates we actually want rather than the lesser evil.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

gregday posted:

I wonder how long Trump is spending in front of the mirror, trying to decide on which expression he will use.

Come on someone saying something right before the picture is taken and he does that hilariously bad one that he was bitching about recently.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It still baffles me that people are surprised by this; these dipshits probably actually think they're political prisoners.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is there a reason why it looks like a powerful laser is being shined at their head? I thought the first was a fuckup but now there are two mugshots like that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Donkringel posted:

Is there a reason why it looks like a powerful laser is being shined at their head? I thought the first was a fuckup but now there are two mugshots like that.

Probably calibrated the mug shot camera and lighting for black people OP.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Holy lol.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Robviously posted:

It still baffles me that people are surprised by this; these dipshits probably actually think they're political prisoners.

I think its funny that they still think they're going to get out of this. Trump might get out of it, but everyone else is going under the bus and off to jail for a very very long time.

Keep on smiling!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

He only has the one.

Eastman doesn't understand the DeLay rule of mugshots.

Good Kubrick Stare, there.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angry_Ed posted:

Good Kubrick Stare, there.

Well, he IS in a World of poo poo

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.
I've long had the adage for Trump that when provided two options, somehow he'll create and choose a third option that is obviously far worse.

What do you all think are his options as Friday looms, and what's the absolutely dumb poo poo thing he's gonna do?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ArmyGroup303 posted:

=what's the absolutely dumb poo poo thing he's gonna do?

Threaten the judge on camera immediately after being released [free square]

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
My own experience having watched other high-profile trials is that threatening or impugining the judge is a more free action than it might otherwise seem. The judge is under immense pressure to conduct a fair trial, as the appearance of an unfair trial risks invalidating everything upon appeal. So long as the threats aren't being made directly to the judge during court time, there is a lot of abuse a judge will just have to put up with from a high-profile defendant, because acting against them only provides their legal defense with additional ammunition.

Perhaps it is a narcissism thing. You could easily get the impression that the judge is in the one charge because they are an authority figure directing action in sometimes inconvenient ways, and any narcissists might take very poorly to that. The thing is, if Trump genuinely wanted to fight this, it would be within his interest to focus on the prosecution instead, even if it is just threats and intimidation. The judge is just doing a job within highly prescribed roles; by comparison, the prosecutor is the one who is actually out for blood.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Isn’t that a standard Trump strategy he’s tried in the past? Publicly attack the judge, then claim that they can’t possibly be impartial after that?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It was also how Alex Jones handled his own trials; save for exactly one instance where the plaintiffs lawyers got under his skin, he spent an inordinate amount of time going after the judges, while completely ignoring the actual opposing side of the court. It seems to generally the primary legal strategy for demagogues with unlimited access to the media who believe themselves above the rules. Unfortunately, due to first amendment concerns, the judges I saw have very little recourse for when this trick is pulled on them -- for exactly the reason you point out.

It's a goading strategy, nothing more.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

haveblue posted:

Isn’t that a standard Trump strategy he’s tried in the past? Publicly attack the judge, then claim that they can’t possibly be impartial after that?

He pulled something similar over the Trump Organization (or University? They all blend together) lawsuit, claiming that the Judge, who was of Mexican American descent, couldn't possible be fair because in essence he, Trump, was very openly racist against Mexicans.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Rudy at the courthouse.
Eagerly awaiting his badly exposed mugshot.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OgNar posted:

Rudy at the courthouse.
Eagerly awaiting his badly exposed mugshot.

Rudy, when the Towers fell

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Rudy, when the Towers fell

Rudy when the hair dye ran

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Jethro posted:

Rudy when the hair dye ran

Rudy, when the pants were unzipped.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cheesbro and Jones, at the capital.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Say Cheese, Bro.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Trump, when the wall-climbers fell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/levparnas/status/1694427601786327213

That one's gonna be sweet

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I can't see how she'd manage to look even more like a glassy-eyed psychopath than usual, but I've been surprised before.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Lmao Lev Parnas.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

gregday posted:

Lmao Lev Parnas.

If I were Lev I wouldn't say poo poo about poo poo on Twitter. The balls, or stupidity, of this guy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Everyone of those motherfuckers despise each other and are just waiting to slip a knife in, it's great.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Can we get all of them in a lineup?

Hand me the keys you loving cocksucker!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/slisker/status/1694434820468658465

Honestly they should check the news today and be grateful that this is the country they failed to coup d'etat because typically failed coup plotters don't end up with mug shots.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I... I don't think David knows what he's there for or why they're taking his picture.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cochise posted:

If I were Lev I wouldn't say poo poo about poo poo on Twitter. The balls, or stupidity, of this guy.

his son is also a tiktok resistance grifter too now. the whole family pivoted from MAGA to being the exact same kind of corrupt, just anti-trump lol

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/slisker/status/1694434820468658465

Honestly they should check the news today and be grateful that this is the country they failed to coup d'etat because typically failed coup plotters don't end up with mug shots.

Ray Smith is Dark Side Conan O'Brien.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not sure there’s enough foundation in Georgia for trumps skin to absorb that flash.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m Russia, failed rebels get the ride of their life, I’m sure these schmucks are jealous of their Russian friends.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Nitrousoxide posted:

:vince:

I mentioned to students at my school that Trump would have a mugshot taken. Several of them responded they would buy a shirt with said mugshot on it to support him.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

God so many people facing consequences for attempted coups today it's hard to keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

eke out posted:

his son is also a tiktok resistance grifter too now. the whole family pivoted from MAGA to being the exact same kind of corrupt, just anti-trump lol

A mans gotta eat and I can think of a whole lot of worse ways to earn a living than making GBS threads on Trump.