Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Junpei posted:

Koromaru/Cerberus didn't have Getsu-ei in any of the skill sets he had in the earlier versions of P3, so it looks like skill sets will be lightly remixed a bit.
Getsu-ei is one of those moon phase skills that's only really useful in P3 because of the Full Moon shadows, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I see they've made the SEES armbands look incredibly stupid in an effort to make them a bit less nazi-like

Do we know anything about if The Answer is gonna be part of Reload?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

woodenchicken posted:

Will Reload have FemC?
(aka has my decision to play P3P as a male been a huge mistake?)

No

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

woodenchicken posted:

Will Reload have FemC?
(aka has my decision to play P3P as a male been a huge mistake?)

No to FemC, yes to mistake (assuming you want to play as the FemC at some point).

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Instant Grat posted:

I see they've made the SEES armbands look incredibly stupid in an effort to make them a bit less nazi-like

Do we know anything about if The Answer is gonna be part of Reload?

What? As the trailer clearly showed the new costumes are avaiable after Fuuka joins, the old ones are still around prior to that and will probably remain as costumes after that.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

IceBorg posted:

What? As the trailer clearly showed the new costumes are avaiable after Fuuka joins, the old ones are still around prior to that and will probably remain as costumes after that.

Huh! Must've missed that - I just watched it on my phone on my lunch break

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Everything about FES seems to be in the remake besides the Answer so I wouldn´t be suprised if they make it DLC down the line.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I didn't realize the early narration during the video was Shinjiro til near the end of his speech. The new VA hasn't really quite stuck out yet.

Ken's voice is... quite different, might have to get used to it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pharos sounds exactly the same from his one line

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not a fan of the new battle theme at all.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not a fan of the new battle theme at all.

the video title says that that's the new battle theme but the article from someone who played a demo says that the battle theme is still mass destruction so it probably doesn't play most of the time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

the video title says that that's the new battle theme but the article from someone who played a demo says that the battle theme is still mass destruction so it probably doesn't play most of the time

It's mass destruction if you don't do an ambush, like how you still get last surprise in P5R etc. At least that's what I read. So functionally you'll never hear the old one.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's mass destruction if you don't do an ambush, like how you still get last surprise in P5R etc. At least that's what I read. So functionally you'll never hear the old one.

i will only hear the old one, because i am bad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a cool trailer, but considering that Atlus appears to be trying to approximate some of the FeMC content in these extra scenes with the male party members in that trailer, as well as the fact that they're still including animated FMVs, I have lost pretty much all semblance of hope that they're even going to rerelease this thing in a couple of years with the content I would actually want to buy this for.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i wanna buy it because it's cool and fun and i wanna play Persona 3 but with the quality of life stuff from 5

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The new battle theme ftw

However also has anyone said how getting the first strike in battles works for P3R? Cause in normal P3 its definitely not something you get all the time like you do in P4 and P5

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Arist posted:

It's a cool trailer, but considering that Atlus appears to be trying to approximate some of the FeMC content in these extra scenes with the male party members in that trailer, as well as the fact that they're still including animated FMVs, I have lost pretty much all semblance of hope that they're even going to rerelease this thing in a couple of years with the content I would actually want to buy this for.

:same:

I gave up now since we got more info and instead, I will hope we will be able to mod FeMC into the game if nothing else.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Sorry for the drive by posting but
I just heard Counter Strike for the first time and I think I need to play Strikers now

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Strikers rips rear end and if one of the things you wanted more of from Persona 5 was party interaction, Strikers will give it to you in spades

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, it also gives some of the underserved characters from vanilla (most notably Haru, who suffers from "last party member" syndrome and doesn't even have Shinji's or Naoto's level of prior plot relevance to build her up) some more time to shine.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Strikers soundtrack rips rear end in general, Anti-Hero is up there with the best of the base game's songs even if the style is very different

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
As far as I'm concerned, Persona can have as many spinoffs and anime as it wants because I know they'll all come with awesome music.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rips rear end? Like it farts?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

After 130 1/2 hours, I finally beat P5R. Fantastic game from beginning to end. I got the game extra semester/true ending, maxed 75% of the confidants, and maxed all social stats. Now I can do a leisurely NG+ and just focus on confidants and entertaining mini-games.

The hardest boss for me was Okumura. Took 7-8 tries and lots of Googling. The “final” bosses were chumps compared to him.

Question: is there a more damaging skill in the game than a concentrated Myriad Truths?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hassou Tobi is up there especially if you can get more crits, but it is more variable.

I imagine there might also be cases where hitting an elemental weakness with the appropriate Severe magic attack can pay off more dividends especially with Amp+Boost, but elemental weaknesses practically disappear from bosses after Okumura.

coiol
Dec 16, 2004

I dress like a girl and drink like a man. Please date-rape me.

chaosapiant posted:

The hardest boss for me was Okumura. Took 7-8 tries and lots of Googling. The “final” bosses were chumps compared to him.

Yeah I just finished P5R last month on Hard, I’ve played every Persona game on Hard and Okumura was a notably horrible experience. I think I wiped about 50 times. I played SMT3 last year and there was another really annoying boss but I think Okumura was worse.

It’s basically just a gate to whether you have the right composition and I didn’t have any good saves before the fight so I couldn’t even level up beforehand (and obviously too stubborn to give up on a day and re-enter the dungeon later).

The rest of the game ruled though, my GOTY so far.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Alder posted:

:same:

I gave up now since we got more info and instead, I will hope we will be able to mod FeMC into the game if nothing else.

That will never happen. There are way too many differences in the FeMC s.links and general dialogue interactions. She’s a completely different character. That isn’t something you can just mod into the remake.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Likewise, the idea that they'd do DLC adding her, something I've seen people posting all over, is just the saddest cope I've ever seen. Atlus has no real history with post-launch DLC, especially not anything of that scale.

Again, the "best"-case scenario here is that Atlus puts that content into a fifth full-price release in a couple years, and I don't know about all of you but I find that possibility unspeakably loving dark.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Likewise, the idea that they'd do DLC adding her, something I've seen people posting all over, is just the saddest cope I've ever seen. Atlus has no real history with post-launch DLC, especially not anything of that scale.

Hey now. They absolutely do. It's just that they sell you the entire game over again to do it.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

ImpAtom posted:

Hey now. They absolutely do. It's just that they sell you the entire game over again to do it.

They did release The Answer as its own separate disc

in Japan

i think

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)
Yup. The append version of FES was the FES-only content.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

On another note, the version of Mass Destruction in the recent P3R trailer clearly does not feature Yumi Kawamura on vocals and she's apparently been replaced by a singer named Azumi Takahashi. I've seen people speculating based on some of the more recent Persona live concerts that Kawamura, who's been performing since at least the early 90s, might not be able to perform at that level 17 years later. If that is the case then I get it, it's nobody's fault and it's not reasonable to complain about that decision. It's just kind of a bummer, Takahashi sounds completely fine but I do think that some of the original feel of the track is lost in the transition.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Does anybody know how true or untrue this is?
https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1696564364575232167?s=20

quote:

Speaking on J-Wave radio Persona 3, 4 & 5 Director Katsura Hashino said that at the time of Persona 3 Atlus were about to collapse and he was told it would be their last game. He said they had to broaden the series' appeal with P3 otherwise the company would disappear. #Persona3

Like, undoubtedly Nu Persona has been the best thing for Atlus. But were they seriously in such dire straits? P3 was a do or die game like the original Final Fantasy?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ten minutes into P5 Strikers and it’s exactly the kinda sequel I was hoping it would be!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Like, undoubtedly Nu Persona has been the best thing for Atlus. But were they seriously in such dire straits? P3 was a do or die game like the original Final Fantasy?

They got bought out twice afterwords, chances are they would've had a much worse time if P3 and P4 hadn't hit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It sounds kinda fake but given that they put out FES not even a year after 3 originally released and then put out P4 like fifteen months after that, both with extremely heavy asset reuse, I don't find it all that unlikely

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That wasn't exactly uncommon at the time. GTAIII to Vice City is only 9 months or so. They also put out a lot of games at the time which is often the sign of a flailing company, strange then that they're some of the companies best. Perhaps they need to go back into near bankruptcy.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Should have made more OgreBattle 64

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Atlus was in extremely bad shape for a good long while before they were bought out. Like it's worth noting that even Persona 2 was an excuse to reuse a whole loving lot of assets. They were not exactly a gangbuster company and they probably wouldn't have survived the PS2 era if not for A) Persona 3 and B) the DS giving them a *way* more cost effective platform to publish on.

It's worth recalling that very few smaller companies, especially RPG developers, managed to survive the transition past PS2. They either moved away from RPGs, got bought out, or died.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

HootTheOwl posted:

Should have made more OgreBattle 64

:hmmyes:

I think I'm due for another playthrough, it's been a few years