Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm still sad Malignant didn't immediately lead to a spinoff or sequel where we saw more of the cliffside hospital full of crazy stuff. If they're removing evil conjoined twins you just know there's some other cool monsters in there to let loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm still sad Malignant didn't immediately lead to a spinoff or sequel where we saw more of the cliffside hospital full of crazy stuff. If they're removing evil conjoined twins you just know there's some other cool monsters in there to let loose.

It needed a The Pope's Exorcist style "Here's a map of the world showing the 199 other cliffside hospitals where weird experiments are happening" sequel hook lol

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Hollismason posted:

Malignant is a giallo.

It's nu-giallo, if you will.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Circutron posted:

It's nu-giallo, if you will.

drat i love hazelnut spread

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

A Fancy Hat posted:

It'd make a good Takes From The Crypt type show. Have a mad doctor bathed in blue and red light introduce each episode and have lighting crash in the background right before the fade.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Baron von Eevl posted:

It'd make a good Takes From The Crypt type show. Have a mad doctor bathed in blue and red light introduce each episode and have lighting crash in the background right before the fade.

Oh hell yeah. A creepy hammy doc played by like Rob Englund walking the halls and picking up a chart. “Ah yes one of my favorite cases, the dracula of skid row. He drank the blood of addicts to get high.”

Gimme this show yesterday

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn’t that just body bags

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ruddiger posted:

Isn’t that just body bags

Give me more bodybags or go to hell

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Englund definitely could have and should have been a horror anthology wrap-around host by now. Seems like a no-brainer, he's perfectly for it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I keep hearing that Olivia Rodrigo song Vampire on the radio and thinking she sings "bloodsucker, vein fucker"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron von Eevl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGZlGsnvDs

Pretty sure someone already made this joke but what the heck

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Basebf555 posted:

Englund definitely could have and should have been a horror anthology wrap-around host by now. Seems like a no-brainer, he's perfectly for it.

He actually was once! The Freddy's Nightmares TV show was an anthology horror series where Englund as Freddy introduced each episode. I've never seen it and have only heard bad things but I have to imagine he's fun to watch in those bits.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byTrzjQnkp4

Baron von Eevl posted:

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 23, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

You know who would be perfect for introducing a horror anthology show?

Tom Waits.

Just him as himself (so, the devil) in some big rusty abandoned building with fire and steam and chains everywhere. He growls out some puns and laughs hysterically. Then we watch people get murdered for an hour.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tom Waits.

Just him as himself (so, the devil) in some big rusty abandoned building with fire and steam and chains everywhere. He growls out some puns and laughs hysterically. Then we watch people get murdered for an hour.

I'd like to see him as his Renfield character from Dracula. It could be called "Dracula's Castle" or something and Waits' Renfield is showing off different little artifacts and art pieces in the castle that of course all have horror backstories.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tom Waits.

Now I'm upset that this doesn't exist.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tom Waits.

He's sort of the narrator in The Dead Don't Die and is probably the best thing about that movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That movie made me want to fight Jim Jarmusch

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tom Waits.

I'd also accept Nick Cave in this role.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

And imagine how scary he'd look if they applied old age makeup!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Tom Noonan would be a really good horror anthology host.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

In a just world we'd have enough horror anthology shows on TV to keep all of the great spooky character actors employed for as long as they'd like.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks like trick or treat studios is losing their universal license entirely so if you want some Halloween 3 and Halloween 2 myers mask you better get it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love horror anthologies but I feel like that’s a real monkey paw wish. Too many on tv seems like it would hit critical mass of suck quickly.

So clearly the solution is one very good anthology that regularly rotates all our favorites and gets everyone just as much creative room and work as they want and can actually make worthwhile.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, I always liked the Halloween III masks.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Enys Men looks and feels like a very good episode of the BBC's A Play For Today, and I mean that in the most flattering way possible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same. I’d love to get them but idk if I can afford all go them. Might just spring for the pumpkin

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, if forced to pick I'm picking pumpkin.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also Chucky as well. So if you want a life size chuck you better get on that too

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think I'm going to buckle down and watch the entirety of The Twilight Zone and maybe Outer Limits

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

MacheteZombie posted:

That movie made me want to fight Jim Jarmusch

Same here. I'll be your tag team partner.

On the anthology series talk, we really haven't had much recently aside from Creepshow. It's a prime market to crank something out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

M_Sinistrari posted:

On the anthology series talk, we really haven't had much recently aside from Creepshow. It's a prime market to crank something out.

There's been a couple but they're all on streaming now so we binge them in a weekend and forget

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/IntermissionTFS/status/1694451345770553604?s=20
time for a rewatch of Freeway (or a first time for the first timers out there).

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

M_Sinistrari posted:

V/H/S has had a few entries the last few years and a new one just got announced today (V/H/S/85).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hollismason posted:

I think I'm going to buckle down and watch the entirety of The Twilight Zone and maybe Outer Limits

M_Sinistrari posted:

Vudu has the entire series for 50% off, $40 right now.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/title/938083

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Justin Godscock posted:

V/H/S has had a few entries the last few years and a new one just got announced today (V/H/S/85).

That's movies, I was thinking more shows/series. I am looking forward to the new V/H/S.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

M_Sinistrari posted:

That's movies, I was thinking more shows/series. I am looking forward to the new V/H/S.

Netflix put out Cabinet of Curiosities last year.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dorium posted:

https://twitter.com/IntermissionTFS/status/1694451345770553604?s=20
time for a rewatch of Freeway (or a first time for the first timers out there).

saw this for the first time last year, an absolutely fantastic watch. Reese and Keifer are both just having the most fun onscreen ever

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Enys Men looks and feels like a very good episode of the BBC's A Play For Today, and I mean that in the most flattering way possible.

They should put this quote on the Blu-ray boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Netflix put out Cabinet of Curiosities last year.

And a new season of Black Mirror this year.