Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Based on the current trends*, in 13 weeks RAW will have less than 500,000 viewers

*) -9% weekly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kennel posted:

Based on the current trends*, in 13 weeks RAW will have less than 500,000 viewers

AEW could only dream

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are the fans still in charge? We should be complaining to them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW could only dream

Half a Mil Phil regularly pulls in sub 500k figures on Saturdays

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

Half a Mil Phil regularly pulls in sub 500k figures on Saturdays

Meltzer seems obsessed with the idea that WWE is obsessed with the idea of NXT beating Dynamite in the ratings for a week but I'm obsessed with the idea of Rampage beating Collision.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I know wrestling fans are losers but idk who thought a weekly saturday night show was a winning concept

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

weekly font posted:

I know wrestling fans are losers but idk who thought a weekly saturday night show was a winning concept

WBD doesn't have any live content on Saturdays.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Looking at tradition tv ratings is like reading tea leaves.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Invalid Validation posted:

If the tea leaves were authoritative and instructive on who is over and who isn't, yes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Invalid Validation posted:

Seeing as streaming numbers are locked in the arc of the covenant its all we got

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV ratings are very important but need to be put in their proper context. Despite being the #1 show on Broadcast at the moment, Smackdown is probably not getting renewed by FOX.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't understand numbers. .50 seems good to me as well as 1.5 million viewers. What am I not getting?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Shard posted:

I don't understand numbers. .50 seems good to me as well as 1.5 million viewers. What am I not getting?

They had been higher quite recently, up in the ballpark of four Phil’s

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

~20% drop YoY, not good!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Nakamura promo was cool so I'm guessing he's probably gonna lose.

Not counting the time where they fake gave Inoki the belt during the tour with Backlund, is Nakamura the best ever booked Japanese male talent in WWE history? Kind of sad if so.

probably, and without too much competition. guys like Tajiri and tozawa stuck around for a long time but only very briefly got to be anything besides jokes. taka should have beaten triple h that one time without a doubt in my mind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw was still 2, 3 and 4 for the night, behind a preseason NFL game. They'll probably go a bit lower when the NFL actually starts. To echo Pylon's point, even if Raw did this number every week for a year, USA would still give them a billion and a half dollars because they have literally nothing else.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

TV ratings are very important but need to be put in their proper context. Despite being the #1 show on Broadcast at the moment, Smackdown is probably not getting renewed by FOX.

It's funny cause Smackdown is finally giving them great ratings and FOX just seems to want to throw in the towel and run cheap shows till it dies off (I'd imagine they'll not renew the NFL if this keeps up)

Have to think NBC makes a play for Smackdown

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think FOX would probably be able to have their arm twisted to renew SmackDown if Nick Khan wasn't making absolutely loving insane asks, but hey, I guess that's his job.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's funny cause Smackdown is finally giving them great ratings and FOX just seems to want to throw in the towel and run cheap shows till it dies off (I'd imagine they'll not renew the NFL if this keeps up)

Given getting the NFL rights legitimized FOX as a network to many (& even ABC back in older times), it'll be a cold day in hell when they voluntary relinquish them.

I can see Comcast making a play though not NBC, true crime now runs the roost on Fridays

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Gordon Ramsey shows were drawing more viewers than Smackdown

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Davros1 posted:

The Gordon Ramsey shows were drawing more viewers than Smackdown

an insanely angry man screaming obscenities and demanding ridiculous feats from his underpaid minions, you say

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1694317225673371780?s=20

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I wish her the best

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hahaha I will enjoy following this VERY MUCH

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

hard to lol at a time like this but…lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“No chance” starts playing in the arrivals hall at Orlando International as soon as she steps off the plane

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dumb as poo poo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol Rhea Ripley couldn't secure a match at Summerslam.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Dumb as poo poo

Yes, she is a pro wrestler

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

I guess she hasn't been watching the shows

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why would she watch the show Paul

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shiksa posted:

probably, and without too much competition. guys like Tajiri and tozawa stuck around for a long time but only very briefly got to be anything besides jokes. taka should have beaten triple h that one time without a doubt in my mind
that like two week period brock lesnar and tajiri were a tag team ruled

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Endorph posted:

tajiri ruled

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tajiri advising Austin was great

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ricflairnatrboy/status/1694440753785696599?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1694450150167507163?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

why do they keep falling for the triple h is actually in charge gag

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Much like the internet, landing on your head for a living makes you stupid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/wwfreporter1983/page2.htm reports, kairi sane, has gotten fooled big, big, big time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's been reported that Kairi Sane's decision to return to the field outside town seems to be under the confidence that Lucy would not move the football when she goes to kick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

They made Asuka champ so they could say to Kairi "See, this could be you!" and then the moment she re-signed, they took the belt off her.