Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randalor posted:

I... I don't think David knows what he's there for or why they're taking his picture.

you smile because it undercuts the mugshots impact in attack ads and news reporting. as evidence by all the other conspirators looking deeply sinister with neutral expressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Randalor posted:

I... I don't think David knows what he's there for or why they're taking his picture.

I feel like this "innocent and cheerful" strategy can only work if you're a solitary defendant. If you're in a lineup with the rest of these psychopaths and you've got a poo poo eating grin, you look like an idiot, at best. Can't wait to see all these shots together, side by side.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

And they're definitely not pretty enough to pull off a Jeremy Meeks or Iosef Stalin kinda mugshot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you smile because it undercuts the mugshots impact in attack ads and news reporting. as evidence by all the other conspirators looking deeply sinister with neutral expressions

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Here we go.

https://twitter.com/sanjanakaranth/status/1694453454926745686

2 for 1

https://twitter.com/GeneralMCNews/status/1694454001478389859

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I feel like these mugshots are rolling in at reverse order of how bad I'm dying to see them. Still no Sidney? Still no Rudy?

And no chance until tomorrow at the earliest for... of course.... TRMMBPPL

E: The poster directly above me has fully owned me and I'm willing to admit defeat.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I just wish they were all wearing old tyme stripey uniforms

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Jenna Ellis mugshot also out, but i'd rather remember her startled at Rudys flatulence.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Sidney Powell looks like Harrison Ford has been asking her why she won’t flip a turtle over for the last 45 minutes.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Scags McDouglas posted:

I feel like these mugshots are rolling in at reverse order of how bad I'm dying to see them. Still no Sidney? Still no Rudy?

And no chance until tomorrow at the earliest for... of course.... TRMMBPPL

E: The poster directly above me has fully owned me and I'm willing to admit defeat.

Hey, you save the best ones for last. Everyone knows that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/hedlike_a_hole/status/1694453096766746745?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1694447739327619430

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

TOTALLY EXONERATED, THANK YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is Rudy trying to look like a mobster?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Xiahou Dun posted:

Sidney Powell looks like Harrison Ford has been asking her why she won’t flip a turtle over for the last 45 minutes.

:goonsay: Deckard wasn’t in that scene, and when he administers the VK to Rachel he doesn’t ask the turtle question (although it was a very long session and if that was part of the standard question set it may have happened offscreen)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is apparently real

https://twitter.com/brendankeefe/status/1694456518974767600?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Rudy is BROKE broke

gregday
May 23, 2003

Time to sell more of Lindell's slippers.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

it's just the site of his next press conference

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Discussion on Trump Employee 4 - Yuscil Taveras flipping.
Mostly info we already know, though I didnt know he had been named.
Though searching the thread, seems he'd been named near a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkkzTFIhoWk

gregday
May 23, 2003

OgNar posted:

Discussion on Trump Employee 4 - Yuscil Taveras flipping.
Mostly info we already know, though I didnt know he had been named.
Though searching the thread, seems he'd been named near a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkkzTFIhoWk

Taveras is the IT guy who apparently would not go along with DeOliviera and Nauta in the plan to destroy evidence.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

mutata posted:

Trump, when the wall-climbers fell.

I remember this being one of the more surreal moments (out of many) that day that stuck with me. These people were so obsessed with LARPing out their fantasies they were climbing up walls and hurting themselves when the stairs/ramps were right there. Nope, gotta climb the walls of the Bastille or something stupid. And then fall down and break your hip from being a dumbass.

She looks like a muppet! I swear I'm expecting to hear Statler and Waldorf start mocking her at any moment!

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/slisker/status/1694434820468658465

Honestly they should check the news today and be grateful that this is the country they failed to coup d'etat because typically failed coup plotters don't end up with mug shots.
There’s so much to unpack in that comparison.

The Russian regime takes two months to put up a missile up you, leaving an explosion of loose ends. But if you get away with it long enough circumstances will probably change and whatever you did before will cease to be a factor in whether you live or die.

Real justice is a persistence hunter. You might feel like you’re getting away with things for years, and then all of a sudden there is justice reaching over your shoulder to wave a little baggy of evidence under your nose and whisper “remember this?”.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Aah the Happening! My God

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I just wish they were all wearing old tyme stripey uniforms

Rudy in the stripes is going to be so good. Come on America I need this

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's just the site of his next press conference

Four Seasons Total Bail Bonds

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ArmyGroup303 posted:

I've long had the adage for Trump that when provided two options, somehow he'll create and choose a third option that is obviously far worse.

What do you all think are his options as Friday looms, and what's the absolutely dumb poo poo thing he's gonna do?

Surprise walk on at the GOP debates tonight.

Think of the yuge ratings.

E

LOL

We're already kind of halfway there. FOX is doing the heavy lifting in an obvous attempt to boost ratings

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Fox plans to digitally insert Trump into the Republican debate tonight.

They are going to play statements and video clips by Trump, ask the other candidates to respond, and play clips of Trump criticizing the other candidates as "rebuttal" responses after they answer questions.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1694383289480393026

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 23, 2023

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I see her Ilithid tadpole was inserted into the right eye. I wonder what powers it's providing her.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Its certainly not Charisma.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

This is amazing. Think about this, Trump isn’t even willing to assist Rudy with that sweet PAC money.

They’re going to flip somebody. But they probably don’t even need to.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Imagine being a billionaire and not funding the defense funds of your co-conspirators to keep them in good graces to avoid flipping because you're such a miserly scrooge.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I thought sidney powell was a dude

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Which one was the Kraken? I can never keep this stuff straight.

PurpleSky
Jun 28, 2022
I believe it was Sydney Powell who was talking about releasing The Kraken. I also remember her looking a lot younger during that time. I guess being evil ages you.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

This is amazing. Think about this, Trump isn’t even willing to assist Rudy with that sweet PAC money.

They’re going to flip somebody. But they probably don’t even need to.

Are all the indicted true believers? Can't see how RICO doesn't cause some flips very early on.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Scapegoat posted:

Are all the indicted true believers? Can't see how RICO doesn't cause some flips very early on.

I don't think there ever was any true believers of Trump at this stage in the game. True fools, certainly.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Nitrousoxide posted:

Imagine being a billionaire and not funding the defense funds of your co-conspirators to keep them in good graces to avoid flipping because you're such a miserly scrooge.

Why, it's almost as though he isn't one!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/slisker/status/1694434820468658465

Honestly they should check the news today and be grateful that this is the country they failed to coup d'etat because typically failed coup plotters don't end up with mug shots.

Getting some real Twin Peaks vibes from these mugshots. Like bottom row is totally corrupted Dale Cooper/Leland Palmer.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Zwabu posted:

Which one was the Kraken? I can never keep this stuff straight.

Yeah it was Powell.
Last few seconds of this video.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1691295249262350336

Everyone is wondering if Rudy is so broke, then who paid for his private plane today?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Artificial Kid posted:

There’s so much to unpack in that comparison.

The Russian regime takes two months to put up a missile up you, leaving an explosion of loose ends. But if you get away with it long enough circumstances will probably change and whatever you did before will cease to be a factor in whether you live or die.

Real justice is a persistence hunter. You might feel like you’re getting away with things for years, and then all of a sudden there is justice reaching over your shoulder to wave a little baggy of evidence under your nose and whisper “remember this?”.

Justice is Wesley Snipes from the end of the first Blade.
"Oh, you didn't think I forgot about you?"

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

OgNar posted:

Yeah it was Powell.
Last few seconds of this video.

Yeah this was why she made it nearly to the top of my schadenfreude list over this indictment. So much hot air about the corrupt, deep state going to jail and it was her all along.

You know if you think about it. I mean, if you really think about it. When Zeus ordered Poseidon to release the kraken and destroy Argos... didn't that whole objective end in total humiliating failure? A man the size of an insect by comparison turns it to stone? (I'm sticking to 1981 canon here since 2010 is murkier).

I mean if you really think about it... they sure released that Kraken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

More like an Albatross.