Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Seriously, dude was dead the second he stopped his armored push and I'm pretty sure he knew it, but I have nfi why he would go back to Russia.

Is water under bridge comrade. Won’t you come to my next party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
GBS crosspost:

HonorableTB posted:

wagner itself seems to have confirmed prigozhin's death

You can also see the small holes in the wreckage indicative of anti aircraft munitions lmao

Rest In Piss, Chef Boyard P.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 23, 2023

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Budanov's gotta be rubbing his hands about all the upcoming assassinations he can now pin on disgruntled Wagnerites.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Hannibal Rex posted:

Budanov's gotta be rubbing his hands about all the upcoming assassinations he can now pin on disgruntled Wagnerites.

What makes you think this one wasn't one of his, too? :v:

(almost certainly not, but it would be funny)

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

What makes you think this one wasn't one of his, too? :v:

(almost certainly not, but it would be funny)

It is flag day in Ukraine....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I dunno… without confirmation they were 100% and not like walked in one side and out the other to a waiting moving van…
Let’s get some proof first.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

orange juche posted:

You come at the king you best not miss, dumb motherfucker came up in prison so he knew the rules, ah well nevertheless. Hot dog man and his Nazi 2nd in command are dead woop!

Seriously, dude was dead the second he stopped his armored push and I'm pretty sure he knew it, but I have nfi why he would go back to Russia.

This means the next guy won't stop.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The X-man cometh posted:

This means the next guy won't stop.

Putin has killed or arrested most of the 'next guys', and they don't have the military resources Wagner was given, and who knows if Putin will make that mistake in this lifetime.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So THAT what air defense doing!

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1694325435490828627

EDIT

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/20857

According to the Kyiv Post, Ukrainian intelligence even evacuated the pilots family from Russia and the helicopter didn't just have its crew, but also a shipment full of spare parts for Su-27 and Su-30 planes. I'm not sure if Ukraine has any of those rolling around still, but presumably some airfield in Russia no longer has their needed spare parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErKI0zWgjg

How much worse will it be if it's a Frankenstein jet vs being a Russian maintained jet.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Arrath posted:

Would it be more or less funny if this wasn't a directive from the top and was some mid level guy getting revenge for the helicopters shot down during the Convoy Coup?

Definitely more.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I still can't understand why he backed down at all. Might as well have gone down fighting.

It became clear he'd lost anyway. He depended on defections from the Army, or getting Putin himself. Putin successfully fled from the capital, and the defections were the serving fsb officer and two furries who donated the D&D thread title. At that point, it was clearly over.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Rumors are swirling that Belarus is mopping up the Wagner camps, so yeah this seems orchestrated.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

I'm waiting for actual confirmation that he's dead. Faking his death or honey-potting assassination attempts as a ghost passenger seem within the realm of possibility.

That was my exact first thought.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

That was my exact first thought.

Gonna start eyeballing hot dog men next time I'm in NYC. We know Prigozhin is a master of disguise.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiny Timbs posted:

Gonna start eyeballing hot dog men next time I'm in NYC. We know Prigozhin is a master of disguise.

10 on the manifest, 8 bodies found. 2 Wagner bigwigs on the manifest.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Tiny Timbs posted:

He is defintely turtley enough for Turtle Club.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Rumors are swirling that Belarus is mopping up the Wagner camps, so yeah this seems orchestrated.

no this is unrelated to the accident that happens in the skies.. the skies are dangerous and planes crash all the time all the time you see. Please move along now and grab a tea from the "I asked a question" pile. Thanks.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I don't think Belarus has anything to do it with, unless you meant actual moping.

(Would be a funny time for SBU to sneak in a drone or two, though)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

OddObserver posted:

I don't think Belarus has anything to do it with, unless you meant actual moping.

(Would be a funny time for SBU to sneak in a drone or two, though)

Yes, I meant the mopping up.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Never realized how much Lukashenko looks like an off brand Slavic Dr. Phil.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CommieGIR posted:

Lie with dogs, dot dot dot

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

10 on the manifest, 8 bodies found. 2 Wagner bigwigs on the manifest.

Well unless the dude is D.B. Cooper

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tiny Timbs posted:

his best bet might be to turn up at mar a lago

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Prig survived and is currently meeting with :ocelot: on how he can rebuild his PMC. "From here on out you're Big Blyat."

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I've read the reporting.

I still don't believe it. Regardless, the real question is how many more Wagner bodies Russian MOD can snatch up as full recruits now that the dog-slinger is out of the picture.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

I've read the reporting.

I still don't believe it. Regardless, the real question is how many more Wagner bodies Russian MOD can snatch up as full recruits now that the dog-slinger is out of the picture.

Is this shock or are you in possession of some impression that leads you to doubt that what seems to have happened actually happened? I'm not trying to call you out, I'd just like a little insight into your perspective.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think my favorite theory so far is that Putin hadn't taken care of him because the "coup" was directed at Shoigu and the B guy and those dudes took it on their own to take him out.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007
WSJ reports there was a second Wagner private jet flying the same route a few minutes ahead that turned back to Moscow, and no bodies have been identified from the one that was shot down.

So yeah, a bit conspiracy theory, but still grounds for confusion at this point

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Captain Postal posted:

WSJ reports there was a second Wagner private jet flying the same route a few minutes ahead that turned back to Moscow, and no bodies have been identified from the one that was shot down.

So yeah, a bit conspiracy theory, but still grounds for confusion at this point

Official sources have already confirmed the bodies, and there's no way Putin is giving Prig an out. He's likely dead, its not really conspiracy at this point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Prig dead

Rot in piss, seriously

That man has been involved in some of the worst things in recent history

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Official sources have already confirmed the bodies, and there's no way Putin is giving Prig an out. He's likely dead, its not really conspiracy at this point.

I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy even if he's alive. The guy is known to use body doubles and fake identities. It's fitting within his MO.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy even if he's alive. The guy is known to use body doubles and fake identities. It's fitting within his MO.

And yet he didn't duck when his rebellion failed. I doubt he was smart enough to avoid what is looking like an FSB op.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

psydude posted:

I agree. Remember, he is a master of disguise.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yea, the SAR team that responded was probably already in on it and ready to finish it if anyone survived.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

A.o.D. posted:

Is this shock or are you in possession of some impression that leads you to doubt that what seems to have happened actually happened? I'm not trying to call you out, I'd just like a little insight into your perspective.

It's just shock.

Like....I don't want to think all these fuckers involved are actually this dumb.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

McGavin posted:

I agree. Remember, he is a master of disguise.

Need to add undead Prig to that lineup now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Need to add undead Prig to that lineup now.

Don't spoil his Halloween costume!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

lol. lmao. rofl. huehue.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

CainFortea posted:

yea, the SAR team that responded was probably already in on it and ready to finish it if anyone survived.

You will know they found his body when gunshots start ringing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CainFortea posted:

Search and Remove