Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

codo27 posted:

I'd be pretty weary of that. Would that crackerjack box CPU even support DDR5?

Nocheez posted:

Why does it make you tired?
LOL. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Gryi posted:

I’ve got one two years ago and put about 9k miles on my car hands free. It’s actually great.

Eyes off the road and alarms start blaring.

It’s amazing, can’t recommend it enough if you have the right car.

Is it solid enough to avoid suffering when your car insurance company representative beats you to death with it when you get into an accident?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dude you’re getting ripped off.

e:

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 23, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I can see your hand not fitting on the tiny handle, slipping onto and breaking the flimsy sawblade shroud, and getting cut up a treat.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 23, 2023

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

novel to exclusively target the “bicycle thief” demographic

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I love those tiny angle grinders, but I won't buy one because the cutoff discs are too expensive.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They actually work? better than a Dremel or power drill with a sanding disc?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can you use regular sized multi tool to do whatever this mini angle grinder does?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

You know those wind walker sculptures, the Strandbeests? Well, you can get a kit to build your own on AliExpress.

quote:

Size For Manual Measurement, there may be a 0 to 2 cm error, belongs to the normal phenomenon.

2 cm error on a build like that would be huge, but I guess they're just covering themselves.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

BigBadSteve posted:

I can see your hand not fitting on the tiny handle, slipping onto and breaking the flimsy sawblade shroud, and getting cut up a treat.

The video on the listing actually shows it to be normal handheld size, but that’s not fun (sized). This is like a party favor.

Can’t believe they slipped in such an overpriced luxury helicopter on me :mad:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My shipment has boarded the plane. Yay!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BigBadSteve posted:

If it can't even cut your fingat, what is even the point?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

You know those wind walker sculptures, the Strandbeests? Well, you can get a kit to build your own on AliExpress.

2 cm error on a build like that would be huge, but I guess they're just covering themselves.

I actually ordered one of these after it was featured on one of those "check out this crazy poo poo you can find on AliExpress" videos a few weeks ago. It hasn't arrived, but the video made it look :krad:. I won't be posting it cuz it'll be a gift for my nephew, just posting to say +1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A second hand Sikorsky S-76C++ (ex oil rig flight, 15 yo) is currently available for $1.8 million.

A new one in 2014 was $13 million.

What do you think they're actually selling?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

A second hand Sikorsky S-76C++ (ex oil rig flight, 15 yo) is currently available for $1.8 million.

What do you think they're actually selling?
I couldn't find that listing so since it says "rescue" maybe it's a mockup cabin for rescue training or something like that?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

XYZAB posted:

I actually ordered one of these after it was featured on one of those "check out this crazy poo poo you can find on AliExpress" videos a few weeks ago. It hasn't arrived, but the video made it look :krad:. I won't be posting it cuz it'll be a gift for my nephew, just posting to say +1

Do you need a really windy place like a beach to move it?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Just chase it with a leaf blower.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Just chase it with a leaf blower.

or perhaps we could attach a gas powered leaf blower mounted in front of the fan, and that would ensure it is constantly able to move!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure Ali has a mini fan you could strap to it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zeluth posted:

My shipment has boarded the plane. Yay!

I'm imagining it's a box that grew legs, walked itself onto the plane, the legs shrink away and it rests exactly where it needs to be in the cargo hold.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Arivia posted:

I'm imagining it's a box that grew legs, walked itself onto the plane, the legs shrink away and it rests exactly where it needs to be in the cargo hold.

Can't find the store page, sorry

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

You can just gently blow on it and it walks. Here's a video of one I put together a few years ago (albeit from an expensive Otona no Kagaku kit):

https://i.imgur.com/qgyNUfe.mp4

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
didn't know these things existed before, and they're real useful as a "remote" for the chromebook i use as a sorta TV when it's not being my travel laptop

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805026843764.html

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

didn't know these things existed before, and they're real useful as a "remote" for the chromebook i use as a sorta TV when it's not being my travel laptop

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805026843764.html

I just ordered one of these for $4.49 because it showed up in one of their "pick 3 'choice' items" sales. It was from this listing:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805669009569.html

I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to their sales. It seems like the "pick 3 items under 1.99" listings only show up on the mobile app, and it's usually deep discounts on things I've viewed recently. I got an Android endoscope camera for $2 shipped last time.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Please do not do your own endoscopy.

Also :yikes:
| 2023 Latest2000w 60V Self Balancing Electric Unicycle/Unicycle Scooter/Electric Unicycle with one wheel for Adult
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrTjDoi

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

stephenthinkpad posted:

No! :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDglN176Kc&t=389s

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Please do not do your own endoscopy.

I tell people this all the time. Colonoscopy is much more fun.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have a mini Dremel from Ali and it works fine :shrug:

Not as good as a real one but why would you expect it to be

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

hark posted:

I tell people this all the time. Colonoscopy is much more fun.

I won’t kinkshame, you do you(r own internal bodily exploring). Just put down a tarp or whatever first.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i remember looking a few years ago and i found you could buy your own hip replacement implants, they’re just hunks of metal but still

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I won’t kinkshame, you do you(r own internal bodily exploring). Just put down a tarp or whatever first.

this just made me curious if they have some kind of colonic machine available...

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Yeah the packages I get are all from something like "Mississauga Returns Gateway", so presumably they're all shipped somewhere locally on whatever is the cheapest freight and then combined if several show up at the same time.
For the vast majority of my orders, once they're marked as shipped, the USPS tracking number resolves to "a USPS shipping label has been created in a city somewhere in your quadrant of the country." My poo poo gets shipped to a consolidator in that city, which then slaps my address on the outer bag and sends it off to me. I'm all for consolidation, since even the cheapo Ali shipping--where they warn you it's untrackable once it reaches the destination country--gets a brand spanking new trackable USPS number. And in the unlikely event that I'll be returning any of my tat, I only pay for it to go to a reasonably nearby shipping center instead of to China.

I'm getting two separate combined (:raise:) orders today containing at least eight packages all told. I can only remember a couple of them and am eagerly awaiting the surprise of Chinese Christmas.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hirayuki posted:

For the vast majority of my orders, once they're marked as shipped, the USPS tracking number resolves to "a USPS shipping label has been created in a city somewhere in your quadrant of the country." My poo poo gets shipped to a consolidator in that city, which then slaps my address on the outer bag and sends it off to me. I'm all for consolidation, since even the cheapo Ali shipping--where they warn you it's untrackable once it reaches the destination country--gets a brand spanking new trackable USPS number. And in the unlikely event that I'll be returning any of my tat, I only pay for it to go to a reasonably nearby shipping center instead of to China.

I'm getting two separate combined (:raise:) orders today containing at least eight packages all told. I can only remember a couple of them and am eagerly awaiting the surprise of Chinese Christmas.
I don't think the reason you get a USPS tracking number that only updates once the package reaches the US necessarily has anything to do with the packages being consolidated in the US; they're just using some other shipping service to get the package into the US and then USPS to ship it to you and there is no tracking number for the shipping service they're using the get the package into the US

Unless there's some specific reason to believe otherwise, I would assume they are consolidating the packages in China because it probably makes more sense to combine the items within China and ship one package internationally rather than shipping a zillion individual items internationally and having someone in the us combine and repackage them

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 24, 2023

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just want to re-state that I have been loving the Apple Watch bands from Ali. I work on cars and go to the pool a lot, it is so nice to not worry about getting oil or sunblock or bug spray on white fabric bands. Gets filthy just throw it away slap a new one on for $2 why not. And I sleep with watch on for health tracking - the best seller bands are fantastic quality. All of the variants plus they have lots more colors and combos than apple even makes. Shipping is much much faster now that they have Temu competition as well.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

everdave posted:

Just want to re-state that I have been loving the Apple Watch bands from Ali. I work on cars and go to the pool a lot, it is so nice to not worry about getting oil or sunblock or bug spray on white fabric bands. Gets filthy just throw it away slap a new one on for $2 why not. And I sleep with watch on for health tracking - the best seller bands are fantastic quality. All of the variants plus they have lots more colors and combos than apple even makes. Shipping is much much faster now that they have Temu competition as well.

Are you talking about the velcro style strap? Yeah I am a big fan of that style. It dry faster than other fabric after shower, and let skin breaths. I have copy of almost each color for my Casios.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Mine come marked as from a (different every time) random person in vaguely my area of the country. They all seem to arrive in the US in Jamaica NY, go to Dallas, and then get marked as "out for delivery" like a local post office would mark something when it's with the mailman/lady and being delivered that day. The thing is, I live 300+ miles from Dallas. Either that postal worker is making one hell of a trip, or something they do breaks USPS tracking in its last leg.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Prof. Banks posted:

Mine come marked as from a (different every time) random person in vaguely my area of the country. They all seem to arrive in the US in Jamaica NY, go to Dallas, and then get marked as "out for delivery" like a local post office would mark something when it's with the mailman/lady and being delivered that day. The thing is, I live 300+ miles from Dallas. Either that postal worker is making one hell of a trip, or something they do breaks USPS tracking in its last leg.
Are you sure the tracking information from before it's out for delivery is actually being generated by USPS? Even if it's listed on the USPS site, the company handing it over to the USPS for last mile delivery can upload their own tracking information before that so it's up to them what to display, and the same goes for if you're looking at it on AliExpress

it's basically the same way ups surepost and FedEx smartpost work so there's really nothing mysterious about it

Also the return address doesn't really mean anything because companies commonly use return addresses for return centers that are different from where the package is being shipped from

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 25, 2023

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Domestic package tracking has gotten pretty obfuscated and crappy. Instead of using the official sites try out something like 17track that taps into an api and shows you much raw-er data

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I bought some tamagotchi to give to niece and nephews, and the more I thought about it the more the rose coloured lenses slipped over my eyes. So I bought myself a tamagotchi too, a genuine Bandai Demon Slayer Tamagotchi.

The ones for the kids haven’t arrived yet but I’ve had mine for four days, it’s ridiculous that I have a hugely complex computer in the form of a phone and I’ve been training my demon slayer instead. It’s probably a waste of money but it’s very fun and Bandai, being a company that’s excellent at selling me poo poo I don’t need, have English language instructions for it on their site.

They also list all the tamagotchis they make/made and it’s far more than I would have guessed in 2023 - there are so many movie/series/branded ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

DRINK ME posted:

I bought some tamagotchi to give to niece and nephews, and the more I thought about it the more the rose coloured lenses slipped over my eyes. So I bought myself a tamagotchi too, a genuine Bandai Demon Slayer Tamagotchi.

The ones for the kids haven’t arrived yet but I’ve had mine for four days, it’s ridiculous that I have a hugely complex computer in the form of a phone and I’ve been training my demon slayer instead. It’s probably a waste of money but it’s very fun and Bandai, being a company that’s excellent at selling me poo poo I don’t need, have English language instructions for it on their site.

They also list all the tamagotchis they make/made and it’s far more than I would have guessed in 2023 - there are so many movie/series/branded ones.

I initially stopped paying so much attention to my tamagotchi once I got a Digimon. Bandai got my money either way :shrug: