Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Half of the Russian nationalists online are blaming France because Wagner is in Niger.

I find the lib handwringing annoying though. State security agencies exist to eliminate threats to the nation. The whole SMO concept requires minimizing trouble at home, so Hot Dog Man was a problem,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dirac Fourier posted:

Also interesting that Russian state media said an air defense system took down the jet.

got a link to that somewhere?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the idea that the Russian government assassinated Prigozhin is a conspiracy theory.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the idea that the Russian government assassinated Prigozhin is a conspiracy theory.

tankies think Putin did it because they think Putin is “based.” :airquote: I think it’s disgusting. I’m calling it a weather event until we have proof.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

prigozhin casually flying on a jet to moscow really underlines the fact that literally everyone involved in this war is profoundly stupid.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Best Friends posted:

tankies think Putin did it because they think Putin is “based.” :airquote: I think it’s disgusting. I’m calling it a weather event until we have proof.

hurricane hillary took a sharp turn right to murder him

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

same, but any theory about the assassination of the whole polish government instead

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Putin is the hero the liberals want, but not the one they deserve.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

R. Mute posted:

prigozhin casually flying on a jet to moscow really underlines the fact that literally everyone involved in this war is profoundly stupid.

he really thougth he got away with whatever he was trying to do lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

putin really is denazifying the region :tipshat:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So how do you explain the singed Spetsnatz boot at the crash site?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

R. Mute posted:

it's really true, just pure dumb poo poo all the way down

ngl tho if i'm china looking at nato taking a l in ukraine, i'm thinking taiwan is looking p snatchable

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm still waiting to hear that Surovikin was one of the people on the airplane.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It took them 20 minutes to go from "Let's storm the Kremlin" to "Turn on some lights, then get back to work."

I mean give it time they might still go for it. It's only been a few hours at this point.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if the idea of "just shoot down your problem kids publicly" will spread. And if any Learjet enthusiasts are looking into other modes if transport in the future.

Plausible deniability? Pfft. This isn't the walled garden.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Utkin being on that flight is in fact the best part. Because nobody needs to mention him ever again after this.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

genericnick posted:

Ah, so that's where I left it! Lost the other one when I was diving just off Norway.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
We’ve got to investigate what is going on with Embraer

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

genericnick posted:

same guy as the OKC bombing mystery leg; poor guy has no legs left!!

Akaiku
May 17, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Utkin being on that flight is in fact the best part. Because nobody needs to mention him ever again after this.

I think nazi mercenary is probably the most moral target of the inherently immoral act of killing. Or least it has to be fairly up there.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
lol Putin met with these guys 1 month ago and got them onboard with the plan

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/7/10/putin-met-with-wagner-leader-gerasimov-makes-an-appearance

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin held talks with Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin for three hours, days after a short-lived rebellion led by the mercenary chief and his private army, the Kremlin has confirmed.

The Putin-Prigozhin meeting took place at the Kremlin on June 29 and involved commanders from the military company, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said.

According to Peskov, Putin offered an “assessment” of Wagner’s actions on the battlefield in Ukraine and “of the events of June 24” – the armed rebellion which was halted just before hoards of mercenaries planned to march on Moscow.

The president also “listened to the explanations of the commanders and offered them options for further employment and further use in combat” during the meeting.

“The commanders themselves presented their version of what happened,” Peskov said. “They underscored that they are staunch supporters and soldiers of the head of state and the commander-in-chief, and also said that they are ready to continue to fight for their homeland.”

Thirty-five people took part in the talks, including Wagner commanders and the leadership of the company, namely Prigozhin himself.

The absolute morons. Those 35 people are probably getting rounded up right at this moment if they weren't on either of the two airplanes.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1694435860962214150

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You guys remember the Il22 plane that was shot down during Priggy's coup.

I was skeptical of the video. But now I think that was real and Putin took him down the same way. Probably used the same weapon.

Also Putin waited a 2 whole months probably because he was waiting for both Priggy and that scary looking dude (Utkin) get on the plane at the same time.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Starsfan posted:

I'm still waiting to hear that Surovikin was one of the people on the airplane.

These are the names I've seen reported on a couple telegrams

quote:

🇷🇺❗️Rosaviatsia published a list of passengers of a business jet that crashed in the Tver region:

Propustin Sergey
Makaryan Evgeniy
Totmin Alexander
Chekalov Valeriy
Utkin Dmitry
Matuseev Nikolay
Prigozhin Evgeniy

Crew members:
Levshin Aleksei, commander;
Karimov Rustam, co-pilot;
Raspopova Kristina, flight attendant.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yep

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

stephenthinkpad posted:

You guys remember the Il22 plane that was shot down during Priggy's coup.

I was skeptical of the video. But now I think that was real and Putin took him down the same way. Probably used the same weapon.

Also Putin waited a 2 whole months probably because he was waiting for both Priggy and that scary looking dude (Utkin) get on the plane at the same time.

the dish?

cold

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So if it turns out Prigozhin wasn't on the plane, isn't this exactly how MGSV started?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Lostconfused posted:

Russia actually committing to denazification

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So, important question time.

Where do we get good hot dogs from in Russia now?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

So, important question time.

Where do we get good hot dogs from in Russia now?

It’s all carrots now.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

with the founder of nathan's famous pmc out of the way, it's smooth sailin' from here

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
I wanted to repost some of Prigozhin's greatest hits.

BearsBearsBears posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-mercenary-chief-sets-out-ambitions-an-army-with-an-ideology-2023-03-12/
"The Wagner private military group must turn from just a private, the best, army in the world which is capable of defending the state, into an army with an ideology. And that ideology is the struggle for justice."

https://en.topwar.ru/212443-vy-za-d...artemovska.html
"But there is a second scenario, which can be described by the formula: you are for democracy, and we are for justice. In Russia, half of the 140 million people are for justice. If these 70 million people suddenly express a desire to join the Wagner PMC, the West will see a 70 millionth military company. And this is also a good prospect."

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3213316/ukraine-war-russias-wagner-chief-sets-out-ambitions-army-ideology
Prigozhin has repeatedly denied harbouring any political ambitions. However in a video message on Saturday he announced he would run in next year’s presidential election “in Ukraine”, against current President Volodymyr Zelensky and his predecessor Petro Poroshenko.

I also want to congratulate Hideo Kojima on his 60th birthday today.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lmao Prigozhin totally thought he was in the clear

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Still lolling that prigo thought he could jet around russia instead of sticking to belarus or africa, thats not how exiles work

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

I really hope Prigo realized in his final moments that he'd been had. That would make this funnier.

Granted not as funny as the "surprise I'm still alive" timeline.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lukashenko put em all on the plane imo

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

VoicesCanBe posted:

I really hope Prigo realized in his final moments that he'd been had. That would make this funnier.

Granted not as funny as the "surprise I'm still alive" timeline.

I mean if you see the video, the plane was still intact as it went down, so the answer is almost certainly yes lmao, 30 seconds of “oh gently caress” before the end

Akaiku
May 17, 2013
can we get the hotdog man scene but with a plane on the weinermobile and Prigozhin's face on hotdog man, being all, "We are all looking for Prigozhin's body"
or is that too tasteless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"hotdog man getting shot down is how ukraine can just fly into kremlim and blow putler up"