Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Maybe dragon brains generate a lot of heat, like a computer, so if the planet is warmer they can't think good without overheating and become more animalistic. Which is why the dragon emperor makes his home in the sky, which is closer to space, which is colder, so he can think betterer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

some dragons like it hot

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Citing Age of Sigmar stuff is not the win you think it is when it comes to Fantasy.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
You are free to have whatever head canon you like, but it doesn't change that Morathi and Delves are an order faction according to GW.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dramicus posted:

You are free to have whatever head canon you like, but it doesn't change that Morathi and Delves are an order faction according to GW.

Morathi literally worships Slaanesh. In the game she literally spreads chaos corruption. I am not sure how much clearer I can make it.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
We've been over this, but she's just so incredibly arrogant to think she can control Slaanesh. She doesn't actually worship it.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I've played a few thousand hours of WH2:ME but I got burned by some bugs in early WH3 and IE that killed my enthusiasm and I've been cold turkey for the last 6 months or so. I want to jump back in with 4.0 because the achievements will motivate me to play LLs and whole races I've never really given a chance. I have all content from CoC back.

What campaigns (LL specifically) are:
  • currently fun and in good shape, and
  • not expected to be updated soon?

I think High Elves are in a good spot. I've played Tyrion but nothing else really, at least trying to play to the lore of the LL and going deep into the campaign. I figure I can start with one of the non-Tyrion LLs to ease back in but what else?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Throt if you want to mainline chromosomes into your army.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Scott Forstall posted:

I've played a few thousand hours of WH2:ME but I got burned by some bugs in early WH3 and IE that killed my enthusiasm and I've been cold turkey for the last 6 months or so. I want to jump back in with 4.0 because the achievements will motivate me to play LLs and whole races I've never really given a chance. I have all content from CoC back.

I think High Elves are in a good spot. I've played Tyrion but nothing else really, at least trying to play to the lore of the LL and going deep into the campaign. I figure I can start with one of the non-Tyrion LLs to ease back in but what else?

Grimgore / Grom the Paunch are as good as they've ever been and probably won't see any updates soon.
Brettonia is decent with a new start in Lustria, or the Southlands.
Lokhir's start in Cathay is fun.
It looks like Mazdamundi can easily ally with Yuan Bo, so you could do Lizardmen with good missile/artillery support.
All the Tombkings are in a good spot.
Grombrindal has the most unique Dwarf start where you fight Delves in the early game and then face off against Chaos.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

is krell chaos

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lt. Danger posted:

is krell chaos

Was, then he died. Now he's a skeleton puppet.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Dramicus posted:

Grimgore / Grom the Paunch are as good as they've ever been and probably won't see any updates soon.
Brettonia is decent with a new start in Lustria, or the Southlands.
Lokhir's start in Cathay is fun.
It looks like Mazdamundi can easily ally with Yuan Bo, so you could do Lizardmen with good missile/artillery support.
All the Tombkings are in a good spot.
Grombrindal has the most unique Dwarf start where you fight Delves in the early game and then face off against Chaos.

:tipshat:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Greenskins are order factions because they all follow da boss, making them orderly

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Also grimgor krumped dorkaon making him the most anti-chaos there is

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Orcs, along with Lizardmen are more or less incorruptible.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

jokes posted:

Greenskins are order factions because they all follow da boss, making them orderly

Doesn't that mean that Chaos itself is an order faction, following the strongest leader?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
From 40K but still applies.

Eldar philosopher Uthan the Perverse" posted:

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

:orks101:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Doesn't that mean that Chaos itself is an order faction, following the strongest leader?

That's all nice and dandy until you try to figure out who that is, then everyone starts to kill each other.

Pierre McGuire
Oct 30, 2010

Scott Forstall posted:

for HElves I think Imrik's campaign is in a pretty good spot, a decent challenge (although not as dire as WH2 ME) and he has lots of interesting enemies to fight now between chorfs, nurgle, ghorst, ogres, and more

e: couple others off the top of my head:
- assuming Ariel is fixed in 4.0 the Sisters of Twilight are one of my fav campaigns, the hawk rider-heavy armies are fun and versatile and the forge of daith is in a great spot now
- Throt the Unclean is one of the best LLs WH2 produced, lots of interesting mechanics and a different way to play Skaven with a lot of monster-heavy mutation
- Thorek Ironbrow is my fav dwarf lord; completing his legendary grudges gives you powerful items that can change up how you play your armies and he has a fun emphasis on juicing lower-tier dwarf units like quarrellers and grudge throwers

Pierre McGuire fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 24, 2023

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I resisted playing Thorek for a while because I couldn't see the appeal of being Dwarfs but being discouraged from using all their best toys. Anyway, I think his Quarrellers maxed out at like 160 ranged damage. Just unbelievable.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Thorek is mind of the ideal dwarf playthrough because lol you won't ever see a territory get big enough to build an organ gun anyway

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

I dont know posted:

From 40K but still applies.

:orks101:

Leave it to the Eldar to develop a sub-culture of weeaborkz.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dramicus posted:

No, Morathi and the Aelves are an order faction in AoS. The page you linked has no bearing on WHFB.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Chaos is obviously an order faction, they're methodically boil down almost everyone who gets into the scene into 4 uniform personality types.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mbti has nothing on knts

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

In AoS she no longer worships Slaanesh, but that's because Slaanesh ate her after she helped them. But come AoS she was able to slither out of Slaanesh mutated into a snake monster. She now works against Slaanesh cause she holds a grudge.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, slaanesh died in aos cuz they wanna start the long task of making it pg

still sell the figurines tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they still fuckin have this

https://warhammeradventures.com/

same narrative universe as that book about the demonculaba

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It brings me no pleasure to report that slaanesh is back

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

somehow ... slaanesh has returned...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bob dobbs is dead posted:

No, this is not accurate in the least.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Slaanesh>Tzeentch>Khorne>Nurgle imo

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Slaanesh never died, the Elves just were saying it so that people wouldn't go looking for the Slaanesh they had imprisoned via chains.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dramicus posted:

Imo the WHF 8th edition rulebook should be considered canonical for WHF

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

turn off the TV posted:

Imo the WHF 8th edition rulebook should be considered canonical for WHF

For this particular argument I choose only to recognize the most recent material, that being Endtimes where Undead and Delves and Orcs fought against Chaos, thus making them forces of order. Thank you.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dramicus posted:

For this particular argument I choose only to recognize the most recent material, that being Endtimes where Undead and Delves and Orcs fought against Chaos, thus making them forces of order. Thank you.

you didn't read the description for destruction

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Wood elves are bigger shifty poo poo stirrers then goblins and rats combined, they ain't order.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

turn off the TV posted:

you didn't read the description for destruction

I'm also not arguing that seriously. Besides that bit isn't even true for the delves and vc. We know that VC want to rule over the Empire, not lay waste to it. They don't kill everyone, there are plenty of people who live in VC lands, just subservient to them. VC want to be the ruling class. Same goes for Delves, they ultimately want to rule over Ulthuan, as we see Malekith do eventually. He doesn't want to just lay waste to everything.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Well I thought fighting chaos warriors with 10+ ror stacks was bad before, but they can now recruit multiples of the same ror. So that's what I'm thinking the next bug will be, all AI ror stacks that defy the basic premise of rors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Watched the Mother Ostankya video they put out and wondered why the narrator sounded like he's being held hostage at gunpoint. :ohdear: