Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Protect the objective by playing Limbo and sending it into another dimension

Please do not send the objective into another dimension until I've interacted with it and started the defence countdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

worked for quake 2

Didn't realize that Cyberpunk 2077 was meant to be retro.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
fwiw Warframe "fixed" the powercreep by introducing modes where you simply don't use your Frame

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Every frame isn't balanced in every mode but every frame is uniquely useful for something.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

fwiw Warframe "fixed" the powercreep by introducing modes where you simply don't use your Frame
Duviri was a neat mix up but uhhh... I assume they're gonna make that combat system deeper for their new game... right?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Croccers posted:

Duviri was a neat mix up but uhhh... I assume they're gonna make that combat system deeper for their new game... right?

More depth?
Warframe's problem is hardly the lack of depth. It's the fact that you can focus on any single facet of the combat system and upgrade it enough that you like and use nothing but it alone.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FutureCop posted:

Yeah, I'm quite looking forward to going back to the original intention and think it's going to be a lot of fun. I can understand some people's worries that it will become too generic and offer less replayability/experimentation by losing all of the wacky stuff, but I had plenty of fun with Payday 1 and Payday 2 in its early days so I think it'll be fine, at least for me. It was very amusing to watch long-time heisters playing the beta suddenly realize that 'hard' mode is now actually hard!

And hey, even if it does turn out to be bad or whatever, it's on gamepass so you can always just try it out.

Oh boy, did it ever. Little recreation of my early days:

Loki: "Hey, new frame! Nice to meet you!"

Nova: "Glad to be part of the squad! I may be new, but I hope I can measure up against you original frames!"

Loki: "Heh, good luck with that! My ultimate ability allows me to disarm all opponents in a 20 meter radius: they don't die, but they're forced to engage me in melee combat. What's your ultimate?"

Nova: "I can prime enemies all around me in a 40 meter radius with antimatter that makes them be slowed and take double-damage. Upon death, they explode and prime enemies around them, usually causing a chain reaction of cascading explosions that can wipe an entire map in one fell swoop."

Loki: "..."

I assume it got more ridiculous from there. Did they ever reign it in or did they just keep going?

I last played around 2 years ago since the latest warframe release I remember is Yareli

at that time nova didn't do enough damage to instagib stuff except in really low power missions where you could instagib stuff with anything
however she can build her ultimate to be a million foot wide aoe that makes everything on the map take double damage and slow down to a crawl so she's great fun on objective defense modes if you just wanna play point and click with one of your many aoe "kill an entire room at once" guns

there were other warframes with cool deathkill explode entire map powers, like equinox whose ultimate basically stored up the damage you did to anything inside it and then when you pressed the button just repeated that damage to everything in its aoe, so against non-armored enemies you could build for max range, shoot one or two guys, then tap the 4 button and watch everything in 200 meters of you instantly drop dead. didn't work against high level grineer though since armor's % damage reduction scaling is too OP and doesn't get counted in her damage-accumulation stat, but she was fun to take into low level maps

or saryn, who could stick contagious damage-over-time spores on enemies and then when that enemy dies they spread to everything nearby and start ticking for dots on all of those, so with the right setup you can get a self sustaining death cloud where everything just dies to poison while you afk. she was the numero uno character for xp farming for that reason.

or wukong who summons a monkey clone of himself, holding his own weapons but with infinite ammo. so you'd mod up your super powered rocket launcher or what have you and then summon the wukong clone and watch him explode everything forever

they also added the helminth system where you can make your own customized builds by replacing one ability on your warframe with a "donated" ability from another one (although each frame only donates 1 of its 4 abilities, almost never the best one)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 24, 2023

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Warframe is so impenetrable to me nowadays. I do think about being a space ninja every now and then though. And the Tenno dispatch lady.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Loki can assassinate extremely high level enemies that other frames would have trouble with nowadays, iirc.
There are a few Warframes I don't really use because they fall off so much, but most of them have some niche where they are really useful.

Except Inaros.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
doesn't inaros's pocketsand enable the exact same stealth kills as loki's invis

the real use for loki though is in the hacking type missions where you just pop on his invis then backflip through the whole level past every enemy on your way to the objective
mentally insane people will say to use ivara for this but she can't jump or even sprint while invisible and where's the fun in playing warframe without going fast

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 24, 2023

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've been out of the loop graphics card wise since before folk drove up the prices for them for bitcoin mining or whatever, but I heard there's some potential issue with Starfield due to it using AMD tech rather than nvidia or something.

I've got an nvidia card that's a few years old so I know it's not gonna run on max settings or anything like that, but are there likely to be graphics config issues due to the AMD/nvidia thing based on how other games with that setup have recently performed?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

doesn't inaros's pocketsand enable the exact same stealth kills as loki's invis

the real use for loki though is in the hacking type missions where you just pop on his invis then backflip through the whole level past every enemy on your way to the objective
mentally insane people will say to use ivara for this but she can't jump or even sprint while invisible and where's the fun in playing warframe without going fast

Wrong. She can jump and she can roll without breaking invis and her wire walk is as fast as sprint.

But yeah, Loki is faster.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
she cant bullet jump which is the main movement option for sicknasty space ninjas

i didn't realize (or forgot) that she could do the regular slow jump though

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I honestly don't know if pocket sand is useful like that because every single Inaros I've ever seen has been useless dead weight ineffectually pointing their Ignis at enemies like a loving rube.

You use operator to move as Ivara :v:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
every time i think about playing warframe i throw Pocket Sand into my own eyes

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Owl Inspector posted:

Not sure what the best place to ask this is but maybe the controller users here can help: some months ago my dualsense's right stick got a weird issue where it doesn't send a "full" input to the right. when pointing the stick in that direction it will bounce around how far it thinks the stick is actually being pushed, and at one certain point it only ever thinks the stick is being pushed halfway at most (so I can only turn the camera to the right in Returnal at half speed, unless I tilt the stick a bit diagonally). I don't think this is the same as stick drift, although it does seem to have a small amount of that. Here's a crappy recording of what it's telling steam when I slowly rotate the stick in a full circle:

https://i.imgur.com/pwIfFYS.mp4

what might the issue be and do I have any hope of fixing it with just basic tools? The controller is fine otherwise and games are still sort of playable with the issue so I'd prefer not to have to buy another one just because of this, but it's really annoying.

This happened to a Dualshock of mine. I think dust had built up in there. The tried and tested blow really hard method worked but not permanently.

Wiggle the stick a bit on the right side while blowing into the left.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think Warframe would be one of my favourite games ever if it was not free to play.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
:getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Jamfrost posted:

Warframe is so impenetrable to me nowadays. I do think about being a space ninja every now and then though. And the Tenno dispatch lady.

Yeah I don’t think it’s a bad game or anything but I literally already have two jobs. I don’t have the time to grok all these systems

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Does Blasphemous II release at a particular time today? People are posting screenshots of playing it in the PS5 thread so I grabbed it on Steam only to find it's "Coming August 24, 2023" and I can't launch it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Volte posted:

Does Blasphemous II release at a particular time today? People are posting screenshots of playing it in the PS5 thread so I grabbed it on Steam only to find it's "Coming August 24, 2023" and I can't launch it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Ah, thanks, I just added it from my wishlist and the actual non-store game page doesn't say anything about the time

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Volte posted:

Playstation tends to release stuff at midnight in whatever your time zone is, but Steam is often 10 AM PDT

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Volte posted:

Good lord that comes out today too? I feel crushed under the weight of all this good-rear end gaming

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Guild Wars 2 expansion that just released is pretty good, too. It feels like, freed from the big dragon cycle narrative constraints, the writers could finally be more creative and have some fun again. The level designers as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If anyone besides me still cares, the new Saints Row is on steam now and on sale for 20 bucks

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe if they paid me $20 to play it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Orv posted:

Maybe if they paid me $20 to play it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea all the Reviews I had seen put it far in the realm of, "In a world where there are so many games to play, why would you make the time to play this one regardless of price" :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It is very funny to me that they farted that out today, Gundam Evolution squeezed out one of its last two characters today, and oh yeah also AC6 is out today

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finally, the users of steam can enjoy a game that cuts to the heart of the matter of today's sociapolitical climate. Useless college degrees, paying rent, healthcare, its got it all.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharnak is free on the Epic store right now. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Speaking of, anyone check out Dust Fleet? It's an indie Homeworldlike, apparently with some sort of overmap/light 4X stuff going on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

I've been out of the loop graphics card wise since before folk drove up the prices for them for bitcoin mining or whatever, but I heard there's some potential issue with Starfield due to it using AMD tech rather than nvidia or something.

I've got an nvidia card that's a few years old so I know it's not gonna run on max settings or anything like that, but are there likely to be graphics config issues due to the AMD/nvidia thing based on how other games with that setup have recently performed?

No there won’t be any issues. You can still use AMDs upscale technology because it’s open source. People are just mad because AMD paid for exclusivity so they didn’t put Nvidias upscaling tech in as well.

There’s already going to be a mod to add in the Nvidia tech anyway so :shrug:

Nvidias tech is good but it also can lock you out if you don’t have the right card for it. AMD doesn’t have this issue.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

No there won’t be any issues. You can still use AMDs upscale technology because it’s open source. People are just mad because AMD paid for exclusivity so they didn’t put Nvidias upscaling tech in as well.

There’s already going to be a mod to add in the Nvidia tech anyway so :shrug:

Nvidias tech is good but it also can lock you out if you don’t have the right card for it. AMD doesn’t have this issue.

Cheers for that, my card is probably so old that it doesn't use any of the fancy stuff anyway (EVGA GTX 1660 Ti).

This all actually had me looking into graphics cards again and it looks like there's some out there for the £2-300 range that might give a pretty big uptick in performance now.

I wrote off the whole graphics card thing for a while when I saw price tags of £700 plus IIRC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

Cheers for that, my card is probably so old that it doesn't use any of the fancy stuff anyway (EVGA GTX 1660 Ti).

This all actually had me looking into graphics cards again and it looks like there's some out there for the £2-300 range that might give a pretty big uptick in performance now.

I wrote off the whole graphics card thing for a while when I saw price tags of £700 plus IIRC.

Yeah for $300 you can definitely get a newer card that will do a lot bette for you.

It’s probably gonna be an AMD card fwiw

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Leal posted:

Finally, the users of steam can enjoy a game that cuts to the heart of the matter of today's sociapolitical climate. Useless college degrees, paying rent, healthcare, its got it all.
diaries of a spaceport janitor has existed for years

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah for $300 you can definitely get a newer card that will do a lot bette for you.

It’s probably gonna be an AMD card fwiw

Cool, good to know. Though I guess the main thing that's holding me back from getting a new card now is how little I feel I've used my current one.

I got that in August 2019, and I can't really remember many new AAA multiplat games that have come out which I used it for in that time (except maybe resident evil remakes).

Is there a quick way to see all the AAA games released on steam since 2019?

Edit: it probably didn't help that I got a ps5 too and picked up a few non exclusives on that, like DBZ Kakarot and the Dead Space remake.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 24, 2023

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RBA Starblade posted:

If anyone besides me still cares, the new Saints Row is on steam now and on sale for 20 bucks
Best I can do is leave a bad review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

RBA Starblade posted:

I played through this through to completion near launch and although I've played worse games I would not pay $20 for it.