Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
If you go to war against the Deep State, you will destroy a great conspiracy.

- Oracle prophecy, 2020 AD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Surprise walk on at the GOP debates tonight.

Think of the yuge ratings.

E

LOL

We're already kind of halfway there. FOX is doing the heavy lifting in an obvous attempt to boost ratings

Hahaha holy poo poo this is pathetic

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Oh Rudy. As a former Time Person of the Year myself, this stings.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

OgNar posted:

Yeah it was Powell.
Last few seconds of this video.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1691295249262350336

Everyone is wondering if Rudy is so broke, then who paid for his private plane today?

I think he's in the "maxing out his Discover card" phase of this poo poo.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

ArmyGroup303 posted:

I don't think there ever was any true believers of Trump at this stage in the game. True fools, certainly.

Powell seems like a true believer. The rest I don't know about. Meadows for instance will flip the second he's able to.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

The Question IRL posted:

Justice is Wesley Snipes from the end of the first Blade.
"Oh, you didn't think I forgot about you?"

This is going to bug me if I don't say it - that's the second Blade.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Scapegoat posted:

Powell seems like a true believer. The rest I don't know about. Meadows for instance will flip the second he's able to.

The strange thing is, I was under the impression he already had, though I couldn't tell you why or when. He has been involved with so many of the other failed attempts at justice following J6 that perhaps I heard Meadows already flipped, but it was for a completely different case for a completely different reason.

One has to wonder if the Georgia authorities even care if he flips or not. Does their form of RICO even allow for that?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Morroque posted:

The strange thing is, I was under the impression he already had, though I couldn't tell you why or when. He has been involved with so many of the other failed attempts at justice following J6 that perhaps I heard Meadows already flipped, but it was for a completely different case for a completely different reason.

One has to wonder if the Georgia authorities even care if he flips or not. Does their form of RICO even allow for that?

In one of his filings in GA he talks about how he has immunity in the federal investigation.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
What a nice guy.
To do that for a friend.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

OgNar posted:

What a nice guy.
To do that for a friend.

"President Trump if you can't help me foot my legal bills I have no choice but to turn witness."

"Best I can do is throw a fundraiser. No checks from me."

"I'll take it."

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

In one of his filings in GA he talks about how he has immunity in the federal investigation.

Huh. So it doesn't really matter with regards to the state-level court, then. Perhaps he genuinely thought he was off the hook for what Trump highly suggested him to do.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
"And the proceeds will go to my legal defense?"

"I never said that."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

V-Men posted:

"And the proceeds will go to my legal defense?"

"I never said that."

A generous 95/5 split.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS

Gyges posted:

A generous 95/5 split.

a noun, a verb, and 9.11 percent of the take

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OgNar posted:

What a nice guy.
To do that for a friend.

I can give you 90 minutes Rudy, then I have to go.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Rudy will receive the $100,000's in Itchy and Scratchy Money.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rudy: You've paid me in Trump Dollars?

Trump: Each Trump dollar will be worth 5 British Pounds. This is the exchange rate the Federal Reserve will set when I am President!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
As a lifelong Californian I assume he's just going to serve pizza at 6PM..

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

no, he doesn't say that, he makes a bullshit argument about how he should be immune from prosecution. this is unrelated to whether he has 'flipped'

historically, it's been a problem that certain states might try to haul federal officials into state court and harass and prosecute them for enforcing federal civil rights laws. various petty little fascists under trump are trying to act like laws that prevent those kinds of malicious prosecutions should completely ban any state official from holding them accountable

eke out fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 24, 2023

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the headline in today's law360 newsletter, a news thing for lawyers:

quote:

Trump, Giuliani Legal Woes Remind Attys To Get Paid First

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The use of the word “released” here is :kiss:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Scratch Monkey posted:

The use of the word “released” here is :kiss:

Release the cackling

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Don't think that will help
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1694679645214351786

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'd never heard of this Ramaswamy fellow until last night

And the first thing I thought of when I saw him was this dude

All hail, President Exeter

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
He makes me think of the owner of Jurassic World who immediately got his helicopter knocked down by pterodactyls and died

https://youtu.be/e-ZdjUrB5VA?si=QWXRUshUb6HbPnPe

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tenkaris posted:

He makes me think of the owner of Jurassic World who immediately got his helicopter knocked down by pterodactyls and died

https://youtu.be/e-ZdjUrB5VA?si=QWXRUshUb6HbPnPe

I always forget that Nick from New Girl, Lauren Lapkus, and Jimmy Fallon all have weird bit parts in Jurassic World.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
My only complaint, other than he's a terrible piece of poo poo, is that now that I've learned his first name I keep having the urge to boot up Morrowind.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd never heard of this Ramaswamy fellow until last night

And the first thing I thought of when I saw him was this dude

All hail, President Exeter

Nanu nanu.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

And then I'll jam my ovipositor down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest

but I'm not an alien

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Scags McDouglas posted:

And then I'll jam my ovipositor down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest

but I'm not an alien

You are a WASP

far far worse to be honest.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I hadn't heard about Trevian Kutti but she seems to be from the matrix

gregday
May 23, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Trevian was Kanye’s publicist.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Part of the charges includes the harassment two election workers faced after Giuliani made them the face of election fraud in GA: Shay Moss and Ruby Freedmen. If you watched the J6 hearing you might recall their testimony. IIRC, Trevian was part of that harassment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scratch Monkey posted:

So a Bail Bondsman, a Publicist, and a Pastor walk into a bar...

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Attorney friend of mine says Sadow is the only mob lawyer he knows in Atlanta.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

gregday posted:

Trevian was Kanye’s publicist.

She's the one who pressured Ruby Freeman.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BDawg posted:

Attorney friend of mine says Sadow is the only mob lawyer he knows in Atlanta.

Only mob lawyer your friend knows or only mob lawyer Trump knows?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Scratch Monkey posted:

"What are you trying to tell me? That I can win elections?"
"No, Donald. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to."

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Oh God, that Stephen Lee is a former police chaplain from my state, Illinois. Fucker drove all the way to Georgia to harass Freeman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Jim Jordan is back on his fuckery, with a grandstanding letter to Willis that mimics aspects of his earlier slapfight with Bragg. He's seeking:

quote:

1. All documents and communications referring or relating to the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office’s receipt and use of federal funds;

2. All documents and communications between or among the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office and DOJ and its components, including but not limited to the Office of Special Counsel Jack Smith, referring or relating to your office’s investigation of President Donald Trump or any of the other eighteen individuals against whom charges were brought in the indictment discussed above; and

3. All documents and communications between the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office and any federal Executive Branch officials regarding your office’s investigation of President Donald Trump or any of the other eighteen individuals against whom charges were brought in the indictment discussed above.

It's fishing, but it gets Jordan's name in the press as the only Republican willing to fight against the Trump prosecutions and gives the PR flacks something to point at while muddying the waters to the more credulous and stenographic members of the press