Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Night Danger Moose posted:

At the Lilith Fair in 99 in Vancouver, my parents were both working - my dad was setting up the electrical, my mom was the secretary for said company. Since it was the middle of summer, they brought out their kid because why not. Backstage the whole time during setup, show, and take-down. I was in the middle of the grass at Thunderbird Stadium at UBC, a 30,000 outdoor stadium, completely empty, watching Sarah McLachlan doing the sound check with Angel, just her and her piano. I will never forget the goosebumps I got from that.

My parents were nowhere near as cool as that. I did have my buddy’s dad who worked security for the Cap Center sneak us into the original Use your Illusion tour and my obsession with Faith No More was born so there’s that I guess? Shame about the other two bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Does anyone know why dril's display name is x now? Or the history of all his name changes in general? I know at first he was changing his name to make his blue checkmark disappear but don't know anything else

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/sa_da_tay/status/1692634949663547593?t=VgkKZwOpxcdkxp-UzvO95w&s=19

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Shouldn't that be 10 legs?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
How many legs do you think people have? You’re not even counting dicks because that would be 12

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

How many legs do you think people have?

Each of the men should have two legs and his wife should also have two legs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nebrilos posted:

Each of the men should have two legs and his wife should also have two legs.

I think he’s not counting the wife

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think the "something" includes his wife being hosed. The "something" is what's loving his wife.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Please goons, let's work together to get the etymology of Fuckers and Fuckee right

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/nikicaga/status/1694333062258082050?t=eooRXutXjB2gGV-pwfyFwA&s=19

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Lol somebody mad over old squabbles.
It's been at least a few hundred years since Joan of Arc Flash

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think it is pretty loving weird for France to rename an airport to honor a dead English monarch, even one that was actually an ally of France.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

They’re gonna open up a church attic in Forgottonsburg Europe and there will be a full on wood carving of Joan of Arc pegging that one douchebag priest who is in charge.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Negostrike posted:

Not being from an Anglophone country didn't help me much on that one.

Being from an Anglophone country didn't help me. I knew about a handful of the individual artists that performed at Lilith Fair, but only learned about the festival itself by hearing Todd in the Shadows talk about 'the Lilith Fair crowd' and just having to figure out what that meant by myself.

It was only a US and Canada thing, here in Australia it just didn't exist. Hell, most of the scene didn't, I just scrolled through the performers and I heard maybe four of them on the radio, ever.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Shouldn't that be 10 legs?

Disagree. The premise is that he WANTS the wife in the room so her 0-2 legs do not add to the count. It's an eight-legged thing you DON'T want in your bedroom.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

How often do you want a zither concert versus how often you want a cocktail? Easy choice.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Eight guys loving your wife in an ambulance leaving the hospital, every other day for two weeks (eight days total).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If we placed a portal on the front of a trolley heading towards the eight guys loving your wife

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

1stGear posted:

If we placed a portal on the front of a trolley heading towards the eight guys loving your wife

we'll never know which hole those guys are coming in or out of

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh usually you come out of the one hole

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

don longjohns posted:

an eight-legged thing you DON'T want in your bedroom.

Ah, this thing then

(How do I embed mp4s?)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Morpheus posted:

Oh usually you come out of the one hole
Are you coming out of the hole or into the hole?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

zedprime posted:

Are you coming out of the hole or into the hole?

Why do they call it coming when you come in the hole of in come out the hole

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

There's some holes in this house.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Bros before holes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I lolled quietly at this one

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Frank Frank posted:

Maybe you’re confusing Liz Phair with Lilith Fair?*

*Liz Phair did indeed perform at Lilith Fair

I thought Lilith fair was Sarah McLachlans band for a long time

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SkeletonHero posted:

Eight guys loving your wife in an ambulance leaving the hospital, every other day for two weeks (eight days total).

still the weirdest YouTube video caption I’ve ever seen

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

Young kid doesn't know about a massive cultural phenomenon from before they were born and makes people who do know about it feel incredibly old.

tbf I'm 31 and this is the first I've ever heard of it

Granted, the first one was going on while I was in kindergarten

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
The guy said 8 legs as a deliberate “error” to earn internet engagement points.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Halisnacks posted:

The guy said 8 legs as a deliberate “error” to earn internet engagement points.

Stop engaging with him then
You merely feed the beast

Aaaa now I'm doing it

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Its important young people never engage with older people.

Keeps everything fresh and new and exciting.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wee posted:

Its important young people never engage with older people.

Keeps everything fresh and new and exciting.

what are you, a mod?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I was never sure if Lilith Fair was an event, artist, magazine or just a catch-all term for a movement. If you weren't in the target demo it was still kind of obscure.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you had asked me yesterday what Lilith Fair was I would have guessed either a music artist or an upscale home furnishings company.

I think Music People tend to forget that not everyone is a Music Person and are left aghast at people not knowing what they consider foundational knowledge. Just like I always forget that not everyone is a Movie Person and am dumbfounded when someone doesn't know who Hitchcock is or whatever.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
That was the Will Smith flick wasn't it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

SkeletonHero posted:

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

8 people rhythmically thrusting in one vehicle does a fuckin number on the shocks after a while I can tell you. It’s going to the garage for repair.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

feedmyleg posted:

If you had asked me yesterday what Lilith Fair was I would have guessed either a music artist or an upscale home furnishings company.

I think Music People tend to forget that not everyone is a Music Person and are left aghast at people not knowing what they consider foundational knowledge. Just like I always forget that not everyone is a Movie Person and am dumbfounded when someone doesn't know who Hitchcock is or whatever.

I was recently completely blown away by how many of my friends and family said they didn't think they could name ten albums. Not ten albums of one particular artist, just ten albums period. Completely incomprehensible to me, to the point I think many of them must have been loving with me despite how sincere they sounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Calexio posted:

I was recently completely blown away by how many of my friends and family said they didn't think they could name ten albums. Not ten albums of one particular artist, just ten albums period. Completely incomprehensible to me, to the point I think many of them must have been loving with me despite how sincere they sounded.

I can't. I never owned albums when I was younger and these days everything is individual downloads and such.