Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Emergency outflows usually exist onto the beach from the town because it's the easiest place to put it, water go down, town above, sea below (for the moment) so water go into sea.

The big issue is that they shouldn't be getting used all the loving time, it should be the kind of thing you only use during calamitous weather events to stop the poo poo backing up into people's houses and filling them with turds before flooding out onto the street and eventually ending up in the sea anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

“For emergencies only” and “temporary solution” are almost always guaranteed to be in permanent use

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Most of them have been there for a long time, I think the big issue is that since privatization the UK has had more people and worse weather, and nobody's bothered to keep up with the infrastructure improvements to handle that. Just slap down more lovely new builds and dump the poo poo in the sea.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Maybe when a calamitous weather event happens we should all just hold it in.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f081f06153f7a8f

"Labour party membership fell by almost 25,000 in 2022, while its income rose, figures show"

I'm sure that's all fine and not another worrying result of the trend the party is taking

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The solution to pollution is dilution, but as government policy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Most of them have been there for a long time, I think the big issue is that since privatization the UK has had more people and worse weather, and nobody's bothered to keep up with the infrastructure improvements to handle that. Just slap down more lovely new builds and dump the poo poo in the sea.

It's created some interesting solutions:

quote:

Councillor Marion Turner-Hawes, of Wellingborough Town Council, said: "This is a big development on the eastern side of Wellingborough.

"I think it's up to 10,000 houses planned here, and this is fairly early on in this development and we've got literally a massive issue around the infrastructure.

"This is unbelievable. It could be the eighth wonder of the world, but it's a very, very strange thing to see in any community."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Call it Chemical Works Chic and it'll take off in no time.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Looking forward to someone crashing their car into the sewer pipe and flooding the neighborhood in liquid poo poo

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Pompidou Minimalism

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Eighth Wonder of the British World: A pipe, with poo poo in it

OwlFancier posted:

Or go full neoclassical and do an actual wonder of the world, like

But it's Boris Johnson and there's a constant stream of poo poo and piss coming out into the river.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh you continentals like your pissing boy statues do you? Well watch this.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
^^^ The 'mannekin pis' statue in Brussels is no more than 50cm high. There's a whole weird museum of costumes for it. It's like a horror film.

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pwwx_-r7ao

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

But it's Boris Johnson and there's a constant stream of poo poo and piss coming out into the river.

is he gonna poo poo on the ship?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mano posted:

is he gonna poo poo on the ship?

Yes, in the fashion of the Dave Matthews Band.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That mast's going somewhere I can tell you that much.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
At least it has a flared base.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Source https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/iceland-richard-walker-baby-formula-illegal-b2397834.html

He says in the interview - apparently if you buy baby formula you're not allowed free parking even if you're going to buy other stuff!

(I thought our local Waitrose did but having thought about it, you pay for the parking and then you get the money back on your till receipt).

Ok, so maybe breast is best, but many women can't breastfeed for a variety of reasons or can't do it all the time.

They already shrank the contents of a can of C&G first milk powder down from 900g to 800g & the price up from £8.50 to £10 (M&S) £10.50 (Boots) £11 (Waitrose)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like you can just say "marketing isn't allowed to say breastfeeding is bad" without essentially putting a sin tax on loving baby food.

Like yeah sure historically there've been a bunch of lovely marketing practices to try and convince people they have to buy the stuff because otherwise they're letting their kid down but that seems entirely tangential to charging a fortune for it.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Source https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/iceland-richard-walker-baby-formula-illegal-b2397834.html

He says in the interview - apparently if you buy baby formula you're not allowed free parking even if you're going to buy other stuff!

(I thought our local Waitrose did but having thought about it, you pay for the parking and then you get the money back on your till receipt).

Ok, so maybe breast is best, but many women can't breastfeed for a variety of reasons or can't do it all the time.

They already shrank the contents of a can of C&G first milk powder down from 900g to 800g & the price up from £8.50 to £10 (M&S) £10.50 (Boots) £11 (Waitrose)

I think Ireland has similar laws. I remember when working in retail that you couldn't use vouchers for baby formula. I worked by a council estate and had a few heartbreaking conversations with people struggling to get by assuming they had a bit more leeway with their budget.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

TACD posted:

“For emergencies only” and “temporary solution” are almost always guaranteed to be in permanent use

"We are currently experiencing unusually high call volumes"

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like you can just say "marketing isn't allowed to say breastfeeding is bad" without essentially putting a sin tax on loving baby food.

Like yeah sure historically there've been a bunch of lovely marketing practices to try and convince people they have to buy the stuff because otherwise they're letting their kid down but that seems entirely tangential to charging a fortune for it.

Yeah, a cigarettes-style mandatory message on the product seems like a better way to go.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah saying "you can't use foodbank vouchers to buy baby formula" isn't going to do poo poo to the Nestlé cunts who told mothers in Africa that if you breastfeed your baby will get AIDS. It will only penalize people who need to use foodbank vouchers to buy baby formula.

Owning Ulf Mark Schneider by grabbing someone's hungry child and swinging them at him.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

At least it has a flared base.

This is making me question all the retirees who get really into model ship building

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Next level flag shagging.

"This is an exact wooden replica of the HMS Victory, which is inside the bottle you see, then the bottle goes inside..." :stonk:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Guavanaut posted:

Next level flag shagging.

"This is an exact wooden replica of the HMS Victory, which is inside the bottle you see, then the bottle goes inside..." :stonk:

probably looks great on the x-ray

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The trick is you have to raise the sails *after* it's in

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

The trick is you have to raise the sails *after* it's in

I like the cut of your jib

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I like the cut of your jib
:golfclap:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao this is what happens when my Factorio build starts getting out of control

quote:

Anglian Water said the one-metre diameter pipe which cuts across the Stanton Cross estate was a temporary arrangement while repairs were carried out
looking forward to the update in two or three years about how the works are still ongoing

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
state of this country

there was a bit on ITV news the other night about the housing crisis and there was a family living in a tent, both parents working :stare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
but hey there's hope in Labour

for a means-tested universal credit loan towards the cost of a tent

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We will reduce the number of families having to have their children sleep in a wheelie bin to stop them from freezing to death in winter by twenty five percent! Please clap.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Skull Servant posted:

"We will pump poo poo on the beaches" - Winston Churchill

"... we shall NEver stop making GBS threads"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

TACD posted:

lmao this is what happens when my Factorio build starts getting out of control

looking forward to the update in two or three years about how the works are still ongoing

if it’s still there in November is someone going to knit a cheery WW1 display to sit on top of it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Never Forget (to dig a trench first)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Julio Cruz posted:

if it’s still there in November is someone going to knit a cheery WW1 display to sit on top of it

Is that even a real question (yes, maybe not at the dirty end).

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I watch YouTube on my TV and have never logged in on it. Over time I've been algorithmed into a pretty decent selection of sports highlights, oldhammer, lads playing Zelda quickly, ultrarunning, general mucking about in the country, that lad who keeps trying to walk across Wales in a straight line, and a Kiwi doing quizzes on Sporcle.

At some point this evening it's cleared all that and replaced it with absolute shite- morons pulling clickbait faces, young people I have never heard of, lots and lots of Lionel Messi, Love Island (or similar nonsense).

Why does everything have to turn rubbish? Is this to try and force me to log in on the TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Just log in. Create a new Gmail account for your TV if needs be, it's not like it really matters

Sorry for your curation loss OP