Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Collision:

Jungle Boy tries to retire the FTW title but is interrupted by the return of Hook, who puts him through a table
CM Punk, Darby Allin, Sting and Hook defeat Switchblade Jay White, Luchasaurus, and Mogul Embassy (Brian Cage and Swerve Strickland)
Big Bill defeats Varys Morales
Dark Order (Alex Reynolds and John Silver) defeat Action Andretti and Darius Martin
Willow Nightingale defeats Robyn Renegade
Keith Lee defeats Zicky Dice
Eddie Kingston, Orange Cassidy and Pentagon Jr defeat Kip Sabian, Butcher and Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that feels more rampage than a collision

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Collision:

Jungle Boy tries to retire the FTW title but is interrupted by the return of Hook, who puts him through a table
CM Punk, Darby Allin, Sting and Hook defeat Switchblade Jay White, Luchasaurus, and Mogul Embassy (Brian Cage and Swerve Strickland)
Dark Order (Alex Reynolds and John Silver) defeat Action Andretti and Darius Martin
Willow Nightingale defeats Robyn Renegade
Keith Lee defeats Zicky Dice
Eddie Kingston, Orange Cassidy and Pentagon Jr defeat Kip Sabian, Butcher and Blade

gently caress me, they all then have to take a red eye out to London after the show. That's some brutal scheduling I was hoping that AEW would actually not do to their talent from the very beginning like they kinda said they would.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they filmed that tonight my dude

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

they filmed that tonight my dude

I'm aware, THEN you gotta get on a plane cross the Atlantic, recoup your jetlag, by like a day or two depending on the person. Do your agreed upon fan signing meetups etc... do All In, FLY BACK home get like a day or two tops of rest, and do Dynamite/Rampage and Collision AND THEN All Out and have some kind of equal sized banger for that PPV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its a major wrestling company pal dont know what to tell you that you expected them to work lighter

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jiro posted:

I'm aware, THEN you gotta get on a plane cross the Atlantic, recoup your jetlag, by like a day or two depending on the person. Do your agreed upon fan signing meetups etc... do All In, FLY BACK home get like a day or two tops of rest, and do Dynamite/Rampage and Collision AND THEN All Out and have some kind of equal sized banger for that PPV.

Think about the backstage staff as well

https://twitter.com/sakura_gtmv/status/1694570638390808857

DeepL translation

quote:

I like that my schedule allows me to go to school and do other work. My good friend Sabina, a catering staff member, is traveling all the time and can't go home...so it's not easy for her, but everyone's situation is different.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Big bill not a fan of braavos

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Think about the backstage staff as well

https://twitter.com/sakura_gtmv/status/1694570638390808857

DeepL translation

Stuff like catering and stage crew I assumed when it's international would be different than your normal crew and would have just gone on ahead to the other domestic upcoming shows to prep.

But I guess it's just more of what was said at the beginning of AEW of rotating people out not a fed type of runaround etc etc. That's initially what brought some people on along with being able to work indie dates when they weren't on TV.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I would assume the wrestlers are excited to be traveling to another country to wrestle on one of the biggest shows of all time

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I would assume the wrestlers are excited to be traveling to another country to wrestle on one of the biggest shows of all time

But they're going to have jetlag and be tired!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Doing extra travel once a year to work a PPV at Wembley Stadium is exactly the same as traveling multiple times a week to work a house show at Dogecoin Arena, Alabama.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

As a musician with extensive touring experience I can confirm that the scheduling of a lengthy US tour is endlessly more grueling and depressing than having to deal with some jet lag and tiredness to fly to London to play in front of 80K people. That's a blessing to these wrestlers who have been grinding it out in the indies for 10-20 years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A lot of them do this all the time in the other direction to Japan, too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is no way a UK PPV could be more convenient for the crew than giving them two full days between travel and showtime. AEW could have done a Collision in the UK and taken in a million dollar gate on Saturday and didn't.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

There is no way a UK PPV could be more convenient for the crew than giving them two full days between travel and showtime. AEW could have done a Collision in the UK and taken in a million dollar gate on Saturday and didn't.

where? it's possible that nowhere was available. Half the reason the PPV is at Wembley as opposed to any of the other huge soccer stadiums is that the national stadium is used so rarely, they've got time to setup and get there.

I'm guessing there are some legit logistics problems keeping them from doing something like a Collision tape on the night before as well. I doubt they have a spare arena setup and ring that can be sent over to the UK quickly, and unlike WWE, not sure AEW is running Europe enough to keep any equipment there full time yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

harperdc posted:

where? it's possible that nowhere was available. Half the reason the PPV is at Wembley as opposed to any of the other huge soccer stadiums is that the national stadium is used so rarely, they've got time to setup and get there.

I'm guessing there are some legit logistics problems keeping them from doing something like a Collision tape on the night before as well. I doubt they have a spare arena setup and ring that can be sent over to the UK quickly, and unlike WWE, not sure AEW is running Europe enough to keep any equipment there full time yet.

They definitely could've just run the O2 for Collision.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't listen to these small fry know it alls. i used to own four arenas and they're available a few days a month even from 3 months in advance. it must be even less in a big city. i lost my arenas in a game of big gambling cards. The most dangerous game of cards. if you play you know what it is and if you don't you don't need to know about this world.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
When does/did Rampage and ROH tape?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think last Collision

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

They definitely could've just run the O2 for Collision.

Ice Cube has it booked for a basketball game. Do you WANT to piss off Ice Cube? https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/big3

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Ice Cube has it booked for a basketball game. Do you WANT to piss off Ice Cube? https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/big3

Sure why not, gently caress old rear end anti-vaxxers

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C06jAb-e_iU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact:

Alisha Edwards wins a Knockouts title shot battle royal (also featuring Masha Slamovich, Killer Kelly, Gisele Shaw, Jessicka Havok, KiLynn King, Jody Threat, Savannah Evans, Vanna Black and Courtney Rush). Alisha fights Trinity Fatu at Victory Road
Crazzy Steve vs Speedball Mike Bailey ends in no contest after Steve tries to stab Speedball with a fork. Black Taurus tries to stop him
Eric Young defeats Kon
Chris Sabin defeats Zachary Wentz
Kenny King will defend the Digital Media title on Impact 1000 against Tommy Dreamer; if Dreamer loses he retires
Frankie Kazarian, Jake Something and SANADA defeat Eddie Edwards, Brian Myers and Moose
Deonna Purrazzo defeats Dani Luna
Joya (Joe Hendry and Yuya Uemura) defeat Champagne Singh and Mahabali Shera
Rich Swann and Sami Callihan defeat Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews)
Lio Rush defeats Kevin Knight. Postmatch Lio continues the attack, KUSHIDA makes the save
Trinity and Alisha sign the contract for their match, Alisha and Eddie attack and put her through a table. Kazarian chases them off
Steve Maclin and Bully Ray defeat PCO and Josh Alexander

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

.. Is Alisha Edwards good?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's hard to say if she's good, as she's mainly been a jobber as far back as I can remember. Considering Victory Road is a weigh station before Bound for Glory, I'm not putting too much thought into title matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, the main thing it does is ensure she holds till at least BfG

Masha and Kelly have the tag belts so they’re booked regardless, she just beat Deonna, Taylor’s hurt, and Jordynne’s coming back that show and shouldn’t lose immediately again (especially because I’m thinking she’s the BfG challenger)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lamuella posted:

The guy from Are We There Yet? Doesn't seem that threatening :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Dark Order (John Silver and Alex Reynolds) win the tag battle royal and will get an ROH tag title shot against MJF and Adam Cole at All Out
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis) attack Chris Jericho on commentary postmatch, Sammy Guevara saves him
Nick Wayne and El Hijo del Vikingo defeat Kip Sabian and Gringo Loco
Hangman Page defeats Bryan Keith
Skye Blue and Willow Nightingale defeat Taya Valkyrie and Anna Jay

Full list of tag battle royal participants: Dark Order, Aussie Open, Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta), Outrunners (Truth Magnum and Turbo Floyd), the Righteous (Dutch and Vincent), Wingmen (Peter Avalon and Ryan Nemeth), Matt and Jeff Hardy, Action Andretti and Darius Martin, Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa), and Butcher and the Blade

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that this works out for them because I'm not feeling Dark Order at all right now. They are ice cold.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dark Order on the PPV...what has this world come to.

To make up for this I would like Nick Wayne vs. Vikingo as a pre show match, thank you in advance Tony

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Saw gringo take an insanely scary bump last Friday in Australia, glad to see that he's ok and working again so soon after

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quantum of Phallus in the mud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Quantum of Phallus in the mud

He said Punk was gone

Having the immediate first Chicago show without him end in a taping with
Nemeth booked,
Colt’s stable earning a tag title shot,
and Hangman winning the men’s main event (and rumored to be taking his place in Ricky’s All Out match)

definitely is the type of “gently caress this guy” series of things I’d do if he was

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

He said Punk was gone

Nemeth booked,
and Hangman winning the men’s main event (and rumored to be taking his place in Ricky’s All Out match)

definitely is the type of “gently caress this guy” series of things I’d do if he was

Dark Order (as well as The Righteous) had pre-taped some promos that ran on TV before All In: London which suggested they might be featured more soon, Nemeth has been on non-Saturday tapings, and I have no clue what the Ricky Starks booking is right now - did something change last weekend on Collision? - or how that would even have led to a match since he’s still kayfabe suspended from in-ring action to my knowledge.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I don’t think these booking decisions necessarily point to Punk being done. I also don’t believe a performer who’s been channeling nWo Hulk Hogan of late is truly out right now either. I guess we’ll see.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

He said Punk was gone

Nemeth booked,

The last time punk was suspended, colt cabana and hanger were booked strongly as well, along with nemeth/daniels/colt being booked on Wednesday after being sent away from Saturday, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

harperdc posted:

I have no clue what the Ricky Starks booking is right now - did something change last weekend on Collision? - or how that would even have led to a match since he’s still kayfabe suspended from in-ring action to my knowledge.

Ricky's been showing up to brag about hurting Steamboat in front of Punk and Ricky's kayfabe suspension got amended to conveniently end right before All Out. The plan, pre-Punk's real suspension, was Punk/Ricky to be the main event of All Out for Punk's participation trophy belt

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

The last time punk was suspended, colt cabana and hanger were booked strongly as well, along with nemeth/daniels/colt being booked on Wednesday after being sent away from Saturday, i wouldn't read too much into it.

It does, however, heavily imply Punk is why certain people aren't booked normally, even if it's just because Tony's too busy chanting Punk's name to remember to book them.

(It is actually because Punk is a pissy lil pissbaby who'd start a fight if Nemeth took the last Pepsi Max)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Really shocking Punk and TK get along with Tony being a coke guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I imagine it’s very easy to get along with Punk providing that your definition of ‘get along with Punk’ is more along the lines of ‘be a huge mark for Punk with a billion dollar budget’, which will let him forgive a litany of sins.