Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
DESTROY

NINEBALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0d-JUZAYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

in my sleep-addled state I looked at my remaining space estimate on steam and for a couple seconds thought ac6 was half a terabyte that woke me up let me tell ya

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

evilmiera posted:

In fact while a lot of people are hyping up BG3's story I'm not really feeling most of it. The companion quests are fun but the main game really is meandering.

I feel ya. I really liked the first areas -especially the underdark, though it’s quite weird how disproportionately big it feels compared to the mountain pass with its one mini dungeon - but I really zoned out in the second big area. it’s just too gloomy and similar that I really just rushed through it. it’s definitely a good rpg, and there’s a lot of clever elements, but the ui is awful and the pacing of the main story is just all out of wack. it’s good, it’s just not great

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

DESTROY

NINEBALL

Speaking of which, do they have the same music guy for 6

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah it is a bit odd how everyone decided beforehand that BG3 was incredible.
Its a very fun coop game but I wouldn't be very into it as a single player one I don't think

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

oscarthewilde posted:

I feel ya. I really liked the first areas -especially the underdark, though it’s quite weird how disproportionately big it feels compared to the mountain pass with its one mini dungeon - but I really zoned out in the second big area. it’s just too gloomy and similar that I really just rushed through it. it’s definitely a good rpg, and there’s a lot of clever elements, but the ui is awful and the pacing of the main story is just all out of wack. it’s good, it’s just not great

I didn play BG3 yet but that makes me think is kinda like both DOS 1 and 2, where the early maps are a lot bigger and more dense in stuff to do than the latter ones. Seems like the Larian way

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Its a very fun coop game but I wouldn't be very into it as a single player one I don't think

I'm enjoying it as single-player but I am a well-known 5e apologist

the one gripe I have is that keeping track of an entire party's worth of D&D character sheets is harder than just knowing what your individual character is going to do on any given turn, and the game's interface isn't really helping, but again I've barely played and will probably get used to it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Legend has it that they had to make these tops after a woman disguised herself as a man and beat everyone at bokh

So now they wear those so you can see any perfidious titties at a glance

ok but what about the daisy dukes

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

I didn play BG3 yet but that makes me think is kinda like both DOS 1 and 2, where the early maps are a lot bigger and more dense in stuff to do than the latter ones. Seems like the Larian way

act 1 is definitely the biggest but 3 is pretty drat big.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Naw it owns, I don't think lack of urgent main quest is accurate, there are a bunch of ticking clocks pushing you forward, people to rescue. Certainly by the standard of bg-likes, it's no better or worse than the Pathfinder games or the poes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

y'know when a person in your D&D group can't show up one week so somebody has to play their character in encounters and suddenly you have to learn a whole new character and play both of them and that's a pain? Imagine you have a 4-person party and nobody else showed up, it's just you and the DM and you have to play everyone

also there's a bunch of "reserve" players that can sub in for any of the main party characters, but none of them showed up either so you have to learn all their characters too if you wanna use them

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Act 2 is also very big, it's just that one mountain zone that's tiny in comparison for some reason.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

holy poo poo they made a whole game out of the best part of psychonauts (rolling around wildly on the marble)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Naw it owns, I don't think lack of urgent main quest is accurate, there are a bunch of ticking clocks pushing you forward, people to rescue. Certainly by the standard of bg-likes, it's no better or worse than the Pathfinder games or the poes

I had definitely crapped out of PoE by the equivalent point to where I am in BG3 rn so I'd at least say it's better than that one

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

ok but what about the daisy dukes

gotta make it pop. thighs and eyes.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wasn't it in early access for ages?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also Baldur's Gate 3 has a main quest?

genericnick posted:

Wasn't it in early access for ages?

Seems like that was just a funding scheme.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Playing it single player it's... fine.

Better than my experience of playing D:OS2 coop on Xbox, but most of my problems there were the UI with a controller meant every loving thing just took so goddamn long.

Still feels stupidly similar to playing the original Divine Divinity back when that released though, even though that was more of an ARPG. Somehow all Larian games just feel very samey to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So far everybody is constantly talking about the tadpoles and most of the poo poo I've done is related in some way to them even if tangential

the one exception is I found some ruins and the quest journal is like "hey that's pretty cool, maybe check those out"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The new season's cinematic trailer dropped. I'm hyped.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1694711633233563810?t=t8Mf30VtK0h53xjrZy5r6w&s=19

Skins look cool. Wonder what is going on with the new bad guy. A new moon is in the sky which I assume is going to eventually eclipse. Citadel is gone for sure and the other 2 new PoIs are not shown. Some returning weapons and cool looking new weapons. The active and working rift gate is interesting lorewise.

Looks like Asoka is a skin. Most likely a store purchase according to leaks.

Edit:

🤔

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Aug 24, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the ticking clock is will i finish bg3 before starfield comes out

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

the ticking clock is will i finish bg3 before starfield comes out

play it on your steam deck in your boss's office

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

performative sexual degeneracy vis a vis bear loving

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Ben Nerevarine posted:

performative sexual degeneracy vis a vis bear loving

tbf that was a masterclass "we know our audience" move that worked insanely well.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
don draper revealing a horny bear on an easel

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm hype

Edit: c4 is back lmao that poo poo fucks

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Aug 24, 2023

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hell yeah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Debating g taking tomorrow off

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

fortnite is getting a new season and Armored Core 6 is about to drop

its a good time to be a gamer

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

starfield is coming out too i guess

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wondering if I can finish Wrath of the Righteous before Starfield gets unlocked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

fortnite is getting a new season. Starfield and Armored Core 6 are about to drop

its a good time to be a gamer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Debating g taking tomorrow off

for a video game?

thats one of the best reasons!!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
C-spam cannot stop talking about "Armored Core" when it should be talking about "Arming The Poor"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

going on vacation is fun but there's nothing better than calling out sick because there's a new video game you want to play real badly and then just getting up like its a normal day and playing like a filthy goon until your so yells at you to eat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you shouldnt take a day of vacation though, you should surprise yourself with the news first thing in the morning

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im working from home tomorrow, no need to call in sick :evilbuddy:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’m going to pay Todd his blood money and take off next Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Blodd money