Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How does Golden Troupe's 4-piece interact with Fischl's burst? If you cancel it by switching characters, does she get the buff back before Oz is resummoned, letting you snapshot it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It shouldnt snapshot (which is fine). Buffs that can be seen on the character page are eligible for snapshotting, elskill dmg isnt a character page stat. The 2 second rule means oz's summon damage should get buffed too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 24, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, that's even better than I thought. I assumed you had to use her skill within the 2-second window to get the extra 25% at all, but if the stat doesn't snapshot in the first place, that means the buff actually kicks in as soon as she leaves the field no matter what, then.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Finally finished up the last couple story quests in Inazuma and all I've got to do is track down the last couple chests to 100% the area. I understand the game is meant to be completed by using the free characters only but what on earth were they thinking with these compass puzzles. Unless I'm missing some kind of mechanic the only way to solve them is applying electro to yourself and literally stand still until it wears off, or just use Beidou.

At the rate I'm progressing in the game I might make it to Fontaine just in time for the Archon to release. Sucks that the leaked banner has even more sub-par characters on it next patch other than Zhongli Noelle and Sayu plus Freminent. Rolling for four stars is always a bad idea and who knows how much importance on underwater stuff Fontaine will have in the future but it always kinda sucks having one person on your team that only exists for exploration. At least he's also claymore so he can mine rocks :shrug:

How important is Collei to exploration in Sumeru puzzles? Not that my options for dendro are super high or anything, I've only got MC & Yaoyao and after Jean hits friendship 10 I'll prob just use Yaoyao as my new healer

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 24, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

How important is Collei to exploration in Sumeru puzzles? Not that my options for dendro are super high or anything, I've only got MC & Yaoyao and after Jean hits friendship 10 I'll prob just use Yaoyao as my new healer

there are puzzle/exploration mechanics (not many) that require applying dendro. she doesn't have to fight or anything, just fire a charged shot on something to activate it.

if all you want to do is put dendro on something, she can stay at level 1 if you want.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
there are a lot of sumeru puzzles that want a dendro character and a lot that want an archer but they usually don't need to be the same character (though it doesn't hurt) given how dendrograna work

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

switching party members is an annoying process so I was just wondering if Yaoyao is good enough and my flex spot should have someone a lot more useful to Razor like Xingqiu or a shielder (Prob Layla @ C4)

Going to be using Yelan regardless so I'll already have an archer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yaoyao can't really direct her dendro. Collei is gonna be way better for it the same way that amber is better than xiangling.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

Finally finished up the last couple story quests in Inazuma and all I've got to do is track down the last couple chests to 100% the area. I understand the game is meant to be completed by using the free characters only but what on earth were they thinking with these compass puzzles. Unless I'm missing some kind of mechanic the only way to solve them is applying electro to yourself and literally stand still until it wears off, or just use Beidou.

You solve these by getting an Electrograna, walking to the compass until it points in the right direction, then gingerly walking away from it in the same direction until you're out of range. Rinse and repeat for each compass. This can be finicky when the compasses are close together but it's the general approach.

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Oh, that's even better than I thought. I assumed you had to use her skill within the 2-second window to get the extra 25% at all, but if the stat doesn't snapshot in the first place, that means the buff actually kicks in as soon as she leaves the field no matter what, then.

Basically all of Fischl's damage in an off-fielder role will be buffed by Golden Troupe. Oz's attacks, the coordinated attacks, and the A4 procs all count as Elemental Skill damage.

It's her best in slot set by far. Most calcs I've seen have it as a 20% increase over her previous best sets.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That's interesting, I heard it wasn't much of an increase if you have a good set on her already, guess I'm not farming the new artifact domain for nothing (because the set I'm trying to get for Lyney just. Won't. Drop a crit hat for me. I even got a pyro cup but it's crap. :mad:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

If you goons are interested in that concert, better start planning ahead and F5ing the venue of choice even before the unlock time. NYC's queue this morning was already around in the thousands.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Redmark posted:

You solve these by getting an Electrograna, walking to the compass until it points in the right direction, then gingerly walking away from it in the same direction until you're out of range. Rinse and repeat for each compass. This can be finicky when the compasses are close together but it's the general approach.
Oh I solved all of them, it's just that the methods you use to complete them is a giant waste of time because it involves standing still for 5 seconds unless there's a flying electro roaming around in circles which requires standing still a lot longer to time it properly

Kale
May 14, 2010

halokiller posted:

If you goons are interested in that concert, better start planning ahead and F5ing the venue of choice even before the unlock time. NYC's queue this morning was already around in the thousands.

I heard it crashed the site for ordering tickets in Singapore and was sold out within the first 20 minutes or so. Not sure if the same would happen in NYC where it's not quite the phenomenon it still is in SEA countries anymore, but yeah if people really want to go I wouldn't leave it till the last minute or even the end of the day.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Hopefully all of the sales and interest will convince hoyo to make it a regular tour like FF's Distant Worlds expand the number of venues.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm desperate enough for gems at this point that I actually went back to Abyss. I either need a third star on 10-1 or to clear 10-2 at all to get more, and it's not looking likely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Build yourself a hyperbloom team to forever have a lazy clear for one side

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
you know, with xq and yelan and the like four built dendro i have now, i could probably just switch raiden over to a FopL set i probably got from farming for wanderer and have two hyperbloom teams now

eh

edit: wait no, i'd have to farm another deepwood set anyway

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tae posted:

Build yourself a hyperbloom team to forever have a lazy clear for one side

I'm working on it, but both the kairagis in 10-2a and the electrochurl/abyss mage in 10-2b hit like runaway dump trucks.

Shinobu should hit 70 today, which is a start. Using Xingqiu and Barbara for Hydro, Kirara and Tighnari for Dendro, Fischl and Yae Miko for Electro in the meantime.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 25, 2023

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Well, that certainly solved my Scion of the blazing // Song of stillness dilemma! Threw a dumb 10 fates on the weapon banner and uuuuhh got an Aqua simulacra :aaa:

So that's C3 Lyney and a 5* bow in 60 pulls, which is just loving crazy. My soul is firmly on its way to the deepest of hells.

I use Yelan (C1) for pretty much everything, but favonius works so well on her that I'll probably let Lyney have the fun for now.

e: 92% crit and 244% cdam with Lyney/bow at lvl 80, that's just ridiculous
e2: Forgot about the new set's crazy crit bonus, just using some busted wanderers troupe artifacts for now. Those numbers should get even silier.

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 25, 2023

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

delfin posted:

I'm working on it, but both the kairagis in 10-2a and the electrochurl/abyss mage in 10-2b hit like runaway dump trucks.
If it helps, floors 9 and 10 will probably be different starting with the next rotation. I don't know why I expected this rotation to be different, since it started before the patch came out.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1695041085406425410?s=20

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kaveh, god of destruction
https://i.imgur.com/49hvAWX.mp4
Rumor has it that someone on the Chinese servers has found an exploit with kaveh's skill allowing them to delete interactible objects like totems, statues, and of course, Childe
https://i.imgur.com/qWnUKEV.mp4

I never played co-op anyway, so now I'm just fearmongering.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Lmao

Amazing, time to turn off auto-join for a while

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Kaveh can delete demigods but is still helpless against the monstrous debt crushing him

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Kaveh can delete demigods but is still helpless against the monstrous debt crushing him

That's because the only thing demi about the god of commerce herself is her size

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There's some glitch with Diluc too where you use Venti's skill, then Diluc's skill while pressing forward and doing a bunch of plunge attacks as fast as you can and it's like 40k+ damage per second.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

There's some glitch with Diluc too where you use Venti's skill, then Diluc's skill while pressing forward and doing a bunch of plunge attacks as fast as you can and it's like 40k+ damage per second.

This was already fixed

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Stare-Out posted:

I think they hotfixed that basically instantly.

was funny while it lasted though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDpA970mbg&t=23s

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, figures as much.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Assuming the joke is shes just down with it

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
the joke is that hu tao is always ready to conduct business

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Furina: Death Penalty!

Hu Tao: Can I interest you in a coffin discount?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I always have a tiny bit of regret about never going for Hu Tao because she's such a fun nonsense character but I know I just don't vibe with her playstyle even if she does a million damage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Still haven't unlocked Fontaine. Busy grinding kuki since mine is only level 70

She's also only c4 but maybe she's still usable like that?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i think at C4 you pretty much have all her important constellations, what's left is just more damage + an occasionally relevant cheat death passive

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I am easy to please and these Fontaine side quests are hitting high notes for me specifically. You've got both NPCs contributing in battles and also adorable little non-human creatures as well for a change.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i think at C4 you pretty much have all her important constellations, what's left is just more damage + an occasionally relevant cheat death passive

Whereas mine at C0 needs some work. Trip report shows promise, but farming up Gilded EM Sands and Goblet and collecting Billets to refine her weapon will take a while.

I will continue pulling as hard as I can (without having gems) for Yelan, as she looks like she'd be a big part of the Hyperbloom puzzle. My quandary at the moment is where the Dendro blooms will be coming from; Kirara isn't an A-list source without Barbara's aura to play off of, and Tighnari seems iffy. I'm not sure if Yaoyao _can_ spawn blooms reliably.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm wrapping up the Cyno quest since I've had it unlocked for ages, and all the concern over Canned Knowledge feels a bit misplaced in a post-Archon Quest Sumeru.

I wouldn't want character quests to be required to advance the main story quest, but it'd be nice if they were time-stamped, like "this took place before/after _____"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/HoyoverseJapan/status/1694970844827767291

kaveh can delete artifact trees and even if you leave the domain and come back the tree's still gone

incredible