Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

shyduck posted:

We need to write cleaner G-code

there uhhh

there are some opportun ities to uhhh

rewrite errr refactorrr

the whole code base for the

Haas UMC-1250SS in order to get the best

performance out of it

the codebase is bloat ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Of course he gravitates towards the guy that says climate change is a hoax. Such a brain genius.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Durf posted:

d... documents?

lets be honest he just saw a clip like this and went bazinga

[wire edm'ng, & surface grinding the whole car]

now this is what peak manufacturability looks like

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

elon you stupid man

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

he really is the stupidest of men, much like the entirety of media talking heads

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1694714407828492531?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vivek looks increasingly compelling.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vivek's shtick is saying the stupidest poo poo to appeal to the biggest rubes among the dumbest Americans so Musk is his least surprising fan.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Vivek's shtick is saying the stupidest poo poo to appeal to the biggest rubes among the dumbest Americans so Musk is his least surprising fan.

No, come on, he's got great ideas like "Take away the voting rights of 20 million people."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Vivek has some smart ideas, like that were 1776 was won because of a document that got made a decade later. He probably thinks General Lee wrote the articles of confederation

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol the DOJ is suing SpaceX

DOJ sues SpaceX, alleging hiring discrimination against refugees and asylum seekers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They probably want to hitch a free ride to mars

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm looking forward to the day they force him to divest because he's a security risk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the doj has gone woke

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
vivek’s just this GOP cycle’s Buttigieg

the Obama comparisons should make it obvious

remember Marco Rubio?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This tweet is cited in the lawsuit

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1272973320586055682

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Karia posted:

In a vacuum, a 10 micron tolerance isn't that hard to hold, for some kinds of features, for some kinds of manufacturing processes. I've set up automotive machining lines where critical features, like critical bore diameters or the distance between two precision dowel holes, would get held to +-0.005 mm, statistically capable to a 1.67 Ppk (that means that we statistically estimate that no more than 0.6 parts per million would be out of tolerance). It takes some fiddling,, but it can be done. Bore honing's another example, they routinely hold that sort of tolerance as well. But you'd never try to do that on every feature on a component, let alone the entire car! Even ultra-precise measuring instruments and stuff have a whole ton of tolerances which are like "make a drat clearance hole, who cares so long as the bolt goes through." And that's with machining! Trying to hold that sort of tolerance on sheet metal or die castings is sheer insanity. Even measuring that sort of tolerance on large parts gets really tricky and you have to start taking into account stuff like how much the part sags under its own weight.

the virgin +-0.005 mm double dowel pin hole position vs the chad default tolerance 0.XX hole-and-slot alignment scheme

u only need to constrain it in two DOF! use a single precision fit hole and a close fitting slot for the second pin!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

vivek’s just this GOP cycle’s Buttigieg

the Obama comparisons should make it obvious

remember Marco Rubio?

is he the pete or the yang? age wise i guess pete, but he has yang energy too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He's definitely the Yang but even dumber.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
vivek is obviously this rounds ron paul. he's a 9/11 truther and everything

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

America's space program was built on the backs of hardworking red blooded Americans and should stay that way. Hold on I'm getting word in my ear

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lets run mike gravel again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

vivek is obviously this rounds ron paul. he's a 9/11 truther and everything

thinking about the time my friend invited me to put up Ron Paul 2008 signs. while we were doing it some tweaker walked up and thought I was Ron Paul and wished me luck lmao

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Spergin Morlock posted:

thinking about the time my friend invited me to put up Ron Paul 2008 signs. while we were doing it some tweaker walked up and thought I was Ron Paul and wished me luck lmao

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

awesome interactions

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

That DICK! posted:

lets run mike gravel again

Weekend at Bernie’s 3. Let’s finally make it happen.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

gop: climate change is fake and we're not going to fix it
dems: climate change is real and we're not going to fix it

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1694648613505495368?s=20
and then started my own ai company tied to my own social media site

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

he’s right

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Twitter user DogeDesigner would never be caught dead on TikTok as he is a refined gentleman of science and culture, which is why he spends his time hawking shitcoins on musksite

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That tracks. He says a lot of poo poo that would appeal to fashy, wet-brained techlords. Mark Andressen probably cranks his hog to a photo of Vivek.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I was served a tiktok by elon musk and immediately blocked him.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

for some reason i thought the krassensteins were libs, were they never trump republicans this whole time

yeah i know they are just wherever the money is but in the actual lore or whatever of what they're supposed to be

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's definitely the Yang but even dumber.

This notion strains credulity

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The old guy having trace amounts of Tik Tok concerns me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

This notion strains credulity

Yang, but wants to appeal to chuds instead of libs, so he tosses any of the half-baked pretensions of intellectual rigor to the wind and hypes up the grievance politics. Tbf I think he's slightly smarter as a political operator than Yang is and more interested in power than money.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

why would you tweet that???

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

why would you tweet that???

he's dumb

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Elon requires sub-micron precision to gently caress the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Raiad posted:

for some reason i thought the krassensteins were libs, were they never trump republicans this whole time

what's the difference