Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fyallm posted:

haha yeah, and I don't even know what the healing tank does but dammit I unlocked 3 extra spaces in it, haha..

EDIT: should I work on completing the first area to 100%? Does it unlock anything, I have it at like 97% and the rewards don't seem as good as the second area?

Everything I'm reading says hit a new zone as soon as you unlock it, and go back to the the old zone when you get can't progress any further I'm at zone 3 right now and I haven't 100% either of the first two. I'm working on leveling the generals and gonna finish building the rocket this afternoon, hope it gives a big jump in progress.

PROTIP: level the generals that increase your econ first: prestige gain, intel gain, prestige discount on levelling generals, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lone Goat posted:

Everything I'm reading says hit a new zone as soon as you unlock it, and go back to the the old zone when you get can't progress any further I'm at zone 3 right now and I haven't 100% either of the first two. I'm working on leveling the generals and gonna finish building the rocket this afternoon, hope it gives a big jump in progress.

PROTIP: level the generals that increase your econ first: prestige gain, intel gain, prestige discount on levelling generals, etc

The rocket is a tadpole sink and rip when Mr raccoon shows up. 650k down the drain so far

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

The rocket is a tadpole sink and rip when Mr raccoon shows up. 650k down the drain so far

well I'm at 20k right now and way behind on cloning minions so wish me luck lol (I spent too drat much on the iron ball lol)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

well I'm at 20k right now and way behind on cloning minions so wish me luck lol (I spent too drat much on the iron ball lol)

The iron ball is a huge trap, but gives a big boost to overall power which can also be a trap if you don't have the stats lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That loving iron ball.. I just want the ! to go away..

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly I do think going back to 100% is good at some point because you can buy a postcard for every region you 100% from the museum shop, which gives +15 Museum Medal output per day. And those are in very short supply.

But yeah you should probably be pushing forward as much as possible, especially because you want to unlock the rocket as soon as possible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm hitting a wall in Cathay at the moment and will be going back to zone 2 to finish the mirror to get another 5% attack and 20% defense which should push me over cathay.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

The iron ball is a huge trap, but gives a big boost to overall power which can also be a trap if you don't have the stats lol

Yeah I know that NOW, but not when I was in the process of funneling all my money into his tadpole hole

explosivo posted:

That loving iron ball.. I just want the ! to go away..

This and the loving turtle that has commandeered my mailbox. I'm getting close to the 18k white tadpole deal that gives you back 9k and ten incense.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah the mirror is honestly also really strong, and probably worthwhile maxing that thing out before getting through Cathay. Seems like, depending on the fight, the Mirror or Lu Bu from Cathay are the best realm traits for fighting.

(Murica's realm trait apparently increases grinding rewards, so it's ideal if you're not trying to push or you want to 100% old realms.)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are people further in the game than I am switching snails around for different areas or based on what resources they need at the time? I'm trying to figure out if one is better than the other, I was running the zombie snail for a while but switched to the angel and that seems to be alright.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah I know that NOW, but not when I was in the process of funneling all my money into his tadpole hole

This and the loving turtle that has commandeered my mailbox. I'm getting close to the 18k white tadpole deal that gives you back 9k and ten incense.

Save a few of those incense after the turtle. You need to zap the bat to unlock a boss and give an incense to a different follower to get her to join.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

Are people further in the game than I am switching snails around for different areas or based on what resources they need at the time? I'm trying to figure out if one is better than the other, I was running the zombie snail for a while but switched to the angel and that seems to be alright.

Each zone has an ideal snail for increased rewards. Zone 1 is zombie, zone 2 is demon, and zone 3 is angel.

Demon is best until you unlock dragon for outside of zone stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Each zone has an ideal snail for increased rewards. Zone 1 is zombie, zone 2 is demon, and zone 3 is angel.

Demon is best until you unlock dragon for outside of zone stuff.

This is what I was looking for, thanks!

Edit: Actually I forgot I unlocked the Mutant not too long ago and switched to that for this last run. But it sounds like I'm getting ahead of myself anyway since I'm still slumming it in Yamato

Edit: nvm i just beat Yamato lol

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 23, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Well eff me, lol maybe that is why I'm out of tadpollls, because I have leveled that thing 25/30...

Which relic should I put in paris catacomb?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Should I be upgrading the pond and shrooms and stuff? It sounds like I'll need those resources later so probably yes.

I also don't really know what the priority for relics are since there are 6 different places you can put them.

So much of this game I'm just doing stuff without knowing what I'm doing. The notes are cool when they're useful but 90% of them are just dumb people who think they're funny (they're not)

Should I be using my time skip things or save them? I've been saving them but exploration is starting to take 8 hours and I'm tempted to use them. But I also know that means as I progress they'll start taking longer so I'll probably want them then

For context I'm 80% through Korea and 20 or 30% into japan.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

Well eff me, lol maybe that is why I'm out of tadpollls, because I have leveled that thing 25/30...

Which relic should I put in paris catacomb?

The notes are usually pretty helpful with those missions that require a specific relic. I can't remember that one specifically but someone should have a real answer in there that tells you what works.

Resdfru posted:

Should I be upgrading the pond and shrooms and stuff? It sounds like I'll need those resources later so probably yes.

I also don't really know what the priority for relics are since there are 6 different places you can put them.

So much of this game I'm just doing stuff without knowing what I'm doing. The notes are cool when they're useful but 90% of them are just dumb people who think they're funny (they're not)

Should I be using my time skip things or save them? I've been saving them but exploration is starting to take 8 hours and I'm tempted to use them. But I also know that means as I progress they'll start taking longer so I'll probably want them then

Definitely upgrade pond/shroom farm/lumber camp when you can. I've read that priority for relics should be the exploration compass first then kinda whatever for the rest of them. I would definitely recommend using time skips when you have them. Runs are going to start taking 10h+ without them.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 23, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Save the altar time skips, wish coins, and lottery tickets for the various events. In 2 days an altar event starts.

You want to upgrade your pond stuff because you need tadpoles, shrooms, and the time machines gives you skip time.

I think the order of tadpole spending for early game is snail stats and items> unlocking artifacts> important daily shop items> tech> mail> pond stuff> minions.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Does the game give you options that end up just being a bad idea?

Like sometimes a salesman comes and he offers to sell me something for a bunch of btads. The notes say it's just rock. It seems like a bad idea but will it actually be a good idea in the long run? Or is it just a trap

Another thing is I have gear upgrades that seem worse than the 2 pieces of gear it replaces. The handgun in particular, it seems to be worse than the rifle/helmet it would consume.

If I have fights available that I don't think I can win, like the mines or visitors who wanna kick my rear end. Should I wait, or will they come back like the hitmen?

Oh last question, is the fire bracelet or ice bracelet better?

I wish we had a thread for this game. I'm sure I could ask 3000 questions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Resdfru posted:

Like sometimes a salesman comes and he offers to sell me something for a bunch of btads. The notes say it's just rock. It seems like a bad idea but will it actually be a good idea in the long run? Or is it just a trap

Another thing is I have gear upgrades that seem worse than the 2 pieces of gear it replaces. The handgun in particular, it seems to be worse than the rifle/helmet it would consume.

If I have fights available that I don't think I can win, like the mines or visitors who wanna kick my rear end. Should I wait, or will they come back like the hitmen?

Buy the mail poo poo if you can, but not at a cost to snail progressio . I think it all pays off eventually.

Upgrade the gear and you will free up a gear space for differebracelets.

Bosses come back. Mail bosses actually have an icon on the envelop that goes away when you may be able to beat them.

Idk about the braclets.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Chiming in on the salesman specifically, he offers stuff for cheaper than you can get at your normal stores, and some relics too. Also if you keep buying his stuff and rating him 0 stars, you can beat him up for his soul.

The difference between the bracelets is minor, but I'd probably go for the fire bracelet because of the increased attack. Generally I'd say you want Attack/Defense/HP/Rush, in that order. (Rush is a bit iffy because it is really useful when you actually meet the requirements for rush, but I'd generally rather have stats that are useful in all situations)

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna be a super snail in no time!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

In case you didn't know (because they don't make it obvious at all), on the bookshelf in the screen all the way to the right is a green book with a bunch of helpful game tips inside. The "Getting Stronger" guide is really helpful with a lot of questions I had like what to evolve in what order (Organs > ATK > DEF > RUSH > HP, apparently), relic embed priority, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also a couple free snail codes!

Edit: Also someone just posted a bunch of current snail codes in chat, these all work:

BLAZING SNAILS
SNAIL DUST
CELESNAIL
SNAIL HYDRA
HYDRA SNAIL
VOTE NOW
DISCORD POLL
FROG PROBLEM
FUNGUS BASKET
SHELL YEAH

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 23, 2023

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I enjoy idle games, but man I think reading about idle games I've never played is right up there too. Absolute wild mess of terminology and phrases that always make me :dafuq: in a good way

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

explosivo posted:

yeah definitely use Demon then Dragon for your progress as they have the best combat stats, the others are good for farming, ideally Mutant for time chests but you can swap them out at your needs change. skip time is extremely important for exploration progress and research and certain events like the upcoming offering one

Resdfru posted:

Use time skips unless you are stuck not making progress in one zone and cant start the next. they are generous with it and your time skip income with continue to grow. At this point im holding onto about 28 days of time skips for when the new exploration zone drops lol.

they recently also went thru and cleaned up the "first" comments in the notes which is good

For relic placement, Compass > Home Buildings > Museums. Gene simulation and arena don't use the relic so just use the best there including stickers (the up to 3 little emblems that get activated at 3 stars using your pots)

Home is extremely important as a source for good stuff like star fungus, wtads and time/time chests.

Generally you want to keep updating your relics as well prioritizing HARD (health, attack, rush, def) stats and then AFFCT (art, fame, faith, culture, tech). AFFCT requirements tend to block progress a fair bit but you need the combat stats to get there.

this has a generally up to date list of codes
https://super-snail.fandom.com/wiki/Snail_codes
and you can just copy paste em in. any already claimed or expired won't cause an error so just dump em all in 50 at a time for a ton of goodies

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 23, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Cerepol posted:

and you can just copy paste em in. any already claimed or expired won't cause an error so just dump em all in 50 at a time for a ton of goodies

*sigh* , I literally typed all of these, haha

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Cerepol posted:

this has a generally up to date list of codes
https://super-snail.fandom.com/wiki/Snail_codes

Use this instead: it's the official wiki and has more codes on it:

https://supersnail.wiki.gg/wiki/Snail_codes

Edit: Also, it's apparently beneficial to sit on the items needed for the special events until the events happen to maximize your returns. I believe the three events are Wish Coins(current event), Offerings(souls, etc. Next event), and Lottery(previous event).

I've only been playing for like a week though so I may be wrong.

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 23, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Use this instead: it's the official wiki and has more codes on it:

https://supersnail.wiki.gg/wiki/Snail_codes

Edit: Also, it's apparently beneficial to sit on the items needed for the special events until the events happen to maximize your returns. I believe the three events are Wish Coins(current event), Offerings(souls, etc. Next event), and Lottery(previous event).

drat that's a lot of free poo poo. Thanks for the link!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Resdfru posted:

One thing to be careful with, as far as I can tell, is zapping stuff with incense (you may not be there yet). You need a ton of incense for certain stuff, and it's really rare, but the game will start to give you opportunities to slowly waste it by zapping random critters for a meager pile of cells. Definitely zap the turtle though.

One thing to note with the gear upgrades is that you get a big progress reward in Koryeo from completing that gun upgrade path all the way to the end. However, since that equipment bonus is only effective in Koryeo, you might not want to prioritize it. Similarly the gear on the right-most tab (including the fire bracelet and ice bracelet) is purely crafting ingredients. They offer no special bonuses, so you only want to be crafting them when you need them for another craft. A lot of the best stuff to be upgrading will be in the sword and shield tabs, because those aren't region- or form-specific.

I don't think there are any fights that you should worry too much about avoiding fighting them. Things generally just go on cooldown for a day or so.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Morpheus posted:

I enjoy idle games, but man I think reading about idle games I've never played is right up there too. Absolute wild mess of terminology and phrases that always make me :dafuq: in a good way

Yeah, idle games have gotten really complex these days. I think the best ones have multiple avenues of progression with no clear-cut winner of progress.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

This is pretty important, imo. If you're F2P I'm pretty sure it's impossible to actually get the last reward of the event, but the 3000 point one seems reachable with prep. Things you'll want to save:

• The Wish event requires wish coins of course, but also for max rewards you'll want to spend Fragments and Taichi Fish. I don't know if those are worth hoarding for the event though, I pretty easily maxxed all the fragment and taichi quests. Probably hold on to 250 Taichi Fish and 100 Orange fragments, but I feel like you drown in blue and purple.
  • For the Offering Event you want to save high value souls and offering speedups, of course, but the event also rewards opening Divine Chests and Dragon Chests. Also, a small tip: you can start offering items before the event begins, and get rewarded for it as long as you claim the reward while the event is going on. So if you're inclined to, say, offer 4 dragon balls 8 days before the event starts, you can get 8 days worth of rewards cooking ahead of time.
  • The Lottery event rewards spending your lottery tickets, but also opening Trainee, Expert, and Master scrolls. You'll only get rewards for your first 15 Trainee, 10 Expert, and 5 Master scrolls, so you'll only need to save 150/200/200 of those respectively. Also, from the wiki, it sounds like the lottery shop has special relics that only appear during lottery week, so it's probably worth saving your vouchers for that too.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 23, 2023

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

There's also secondary things you can hoard that will get you a little further through the event, that you should consider saving through the previous week.

Offering weeks also want Divine Chests, Lottery wants scrolls, and Wishes want taichi fish.

The offering event starts on Friday, and time spent on offerings only counts when the timer ends. So if you have a dragon orb laying around, get it cooking now for a "free" bonus 48 hours for the event.

e: beaten :argh:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Arzaac posted:

This is pretty important, imo. If you're F2P I'm pretty sure it's impossible to actually get the last reward of the event, but the 3000 point one seems reachable with prep. Things you'll want to save:

3000 is generally reachable f2p with the following resources needed
Wish: 180 coins to spend, that + daily free event currency and all the rewards gives you just enough
Offering: Approx 12 days of offering iirc
Lottery: I think it's 500 tickets iirc

Biggest thing to note is Wish events always have an eye of horus in the 3000 reward selection and they are by far the biggest roadblock for power as (non-exploration) Red Gear requires one each so you need a lot. Each gear slot becomes very valuable so combining is very good

Also if you have not drawn one yet spending your first 120 RF in the relic forge for a Unispark is a decent idea it's necessary for unlocking dragon form

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Martman posted:

One thing to note with the gear upgrades is that you get a big progress reward in Koryeo from completing that gun upgrade path all the way to the end. However, since that equipment bonus is only effective in Koryeo, you might not want to prioritize it.

Note that later on you unlock the ability to get full refunds on gear (mats, the b-tads you spent putting them together, glue, etc) so it's worth it to finish it because you get a hefty sum of glue and timeskip for doing it, then dismantle it to do the same with the Yamato gear, etc.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I've been playing/using Pokemon sleep for about a month now, and I gotta say as dumb as the concept is, I am pretty sure gamifying my sleep is helping me get to bed at a regular time. Like, you don't need to sleep at the time you set, but you get a little reward when you do, plus even the small action of waking up and checking the new pokemon that have showed up helps me wake up in the morning and gets my brain moving just enough. I haven't had any problems with sleeping in or staying up until 2 am since using it.

This may also be related to me going on regular walks since Monster Hunter Now's soft launch in Canada, mind you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I got depressed at how bad my sleep was even when trying to make a point of sleeping well and haven't launched the app in weeks

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I uninstalled when they wanted me to leave the phone on my bed to monitor my movements.. I have dogs and cats and stuff that come and go as the night goes on so it was registering false positives.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've got a watch that tells me I'm not getting enough restful sleep I don't also need a Pokémon trainer yelling at me about it

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

I've got a watch that tells me I'm not getting enough restful sleep I don't also need a Pokémon trainer yelling at me about it

My bed yells at me for not enough restful sleeps, and getting up to pee in the middle of night, haha

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

explosivo posted:

Yeah but your watch doesn't let you catch Pikachus does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

Yeah but your watch doesn't let you catch Pikachus does it

... no :smith: