Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

LionYeti posted:

Anyone sleep on that Novaform Comfort Grande mattress from Church? My Casper is causing me mild shoulder pain.

We have a Queen size of this mattress in our guest room. It doesn't see daily use, but everyone who has slept on it has loved it and asked us where we got the mattress. No idea how it would hold up long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
is there a mattress thread anywhere on here? I'm on mobile so I haven't quite figured out how to efficiently search using this app.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

hark posted:

is there a mattress thread anywhere on here? I'm on mobile so I haven't quite figured out how to efficiently search using this app.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813333

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

skipdogg posted:

We have a Queen size of this mattress in our guest room. It doesn't see daily use, but everyone who has slept on it has loved it and asked us where we got the mattress. No idea how it would hold up long term.

I absolutely loved it, wife hated it. Very polarizing!

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I’ve been using a sleep number for the last five or so years and it is still providing the same good sleep it did when I first got it. Dunno where people are seeing 10k for them, maybe if you’re getting the highest end king with all the bells and whistles and the adjustable foundation and such? Mine was like 2k all told, though admittedly that was pre-pandemic. Worth it considering it should be good for 15+ years.

Hit up Costco yesterday because I always need Greek yogurt and was pleasantly surprised to find that they had some of the Lego botanical collection in at a pretty decent discount. Also picked up some kosher salt, it’s unfortunate that none of the warehouse clubs seem to have Diamond Crystal any more.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

LionYeti posted:

Anyone sleep on that Novaform Comfort Grande mattress from Church? My Casper is causing me mild shoulder pain.

Yeah, been sleeping on one for a week now. Definitely on the firmer side of the spectrum, though not as firm as the ghost beds.

Bedtalk is difficult cause people at different ages want different things and it’s always changing throughout one’s life.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Yeah, been sleeping on one for a week now. Definitely on the firmer side of the spectrum, though not as firm as the ghost beds.

Bedtalk is difficult cause people at different ages want different things and it’s always changing throughout one’s life.

Noooo clearly the mattress is degrading not my body!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Kal-L posted:

Hello, Costco thread. Just saw this in twitter X the everything app and wanted to know your thoughts about it.

https://twitter.com/Marianabaenove/status/1691884324767859133?s=20

Translation: a dude in Guanajuato, Mexico opened his own store to sell Costco products to the masses. All he needs is some kind of station to make your own hot-dogs and it'll be just like the real thing.

Not exactly the same, but there is a small chain of grocery stores in alaska that resells a lot of Costco items: https://threebearsalaska.com/alaska-grocery-weekly-sale/

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The jarred muffaletta olive salad is a pro buy. I shoulda bought 2.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

This isnt refridgerated right?

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Thanks to the posters in this thread for the heads-up about the Realgood chicken enchiladas, they briefly tempted me before I remembered the grave warnings here

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It seems like that bullshit is always on sale too

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Airconswitch posted:

Thanks to the posters in this thread for the heads-up about the Realgood chicken enchiladas, they briefly tempted me before I remembered the grave warnings here

Yeah is the Del Good brand you want to look for.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Hammu-rob-i posted:

This isnt refridgerated right?

Right, it's in the aisle with olives and pickles and stuff

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Enchos are so easy to do well and you can make them even lower time cost getting a rotisserie chicken. Bag of tortillas, cook down 30oz toms w mex spices and vinegar, cheese and whatever veg/aromatics

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

LionYeti posted:

We have a King and it's comfortable enough, only complaint is there is next to zero edge support. If you're like me and you sit on the edge of the bed to do anything like put shoes and socks on, you'll find yourself slipping a bit and working to stay on the bed

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is anything from the realgood brand worth trying? I’ve only seen negative reviews.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

should have called it realbad

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Try it on a motor city frozen pizza

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soul Dentist posted:

It seems like that bullshit is always on sale too

Yeah, just looked at the new discount booklet and guess whats there lol

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

mariooncrack posted:

Is anything from the realgood brand worth trying? I’ve only seen negative reviews.

YMMV on the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts, some people (myself included) like them, others not so much.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

So wet

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the red bag of frozen shrimp is better than the blue bag but idk if its worth the price difference

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shredder posted:

just stick it in the pee hole

I like your style

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My kimchi is ready.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

mariooncrack posted:

I really like their low carb frozen chicken tenders, haven't tried anything else.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the red bag of frozen shrimp is better than the blue bag but idk if its worth the price difference

(Looks at blue bag in freezer.) Is it? Really? Whyfore?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Does costco have a have a vegetarian/vegan version of the kimchi

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
vegetarian and vegan kimchi is either depressing sadness or make-it-on-your-own, sorry

i mean, if you're doing it for moral reasons theres kimchi thats mainly oysters, oysters are basically plants cognition wise. but you would still prolly have to make your own, i dunno any commercially available with oysters but without anchovies and shrimp

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 25, 2023

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Wait, what? Vegan cabbage is just cabbage. More specifically, vegan fermented cabbage is just cabbage. Put whatever flavoring you want in with the fermented cabbage.

The question is whether there are any commercially available vegan fermented cabbages, which I guess might use fish sauce or shrimp paste or something, but that question broke my brain for a second. I have no idea the answer to your question it was just funny. Like asking if there are any vegan carrot sticks. Or gluten free steak.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 25, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the main unvarying thing about kimchi is not the napa cabbage but the sauce for fermentation. which is usually a generous low double digit % various seafood

food has many purposes, including performing nationalism with. if you're eating it to eat it authenticity doesnt matter much but if you're eating it to remind yourself that the japanese death squads didnt erase the korean nation, prolly gotta have fish sauce in it.

its not quite to the level of that one time i watched a guy try to cook matzoh ball soup for middlingly serious jews with pork broth, but it aint nothing

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 25, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

but if you're eating it to remind yourself that the japanese death squads didnt erase the korean nation, prolly gotta have fish sauce in it.

Fish sauce it is, then. I like samsung

Korea needs to get with the expansionism while they have hyundai, kia and samsung popping for their econ. The map would just look better with unified Korea anyway. It's a low-value province (N Korea) but you prob get a grip of foreign nation secrets along with Un's Hennessy stash

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 25, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its prolly gonna be the same for ukrainians and whatever they figure out is definitely theirs and not the russians. salo or borscht or something

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Any opinions on dishwashers? Our old and loud Frigidaire won't let me press start anymore, could possibly fix for under $200 or just finally buy a new one.

Got an eye on this Whirlpool one right now https://www.costco.com/whirlpool-to...ID=android7.5.3

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

calbruc posted:

Any opinions on dishwashers? Our old and loud Frigidaire won't let me press start anymore, could possibly fix for under $200 or just finally buy a new one.

Got an eye on this Whirlpool one right now https://www.costco.com/whirlpool-to...ID=android7.5.3

Bosch with crystal dry or bust

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Bosch with crystal dry or bust

I have a Bosch and I fuckin hate it. I swear the fuckin thing is a pain in the rear end to load because things don’t fit like they should.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

BigHead posted:

Wait, what? Vegan cabbage is just cabbage. More specifically, vegan fermented cabbage is just cabbage. Put whatever flavoring you want in with the fermented cabbage.

The question is whether there are any commercially available vegan fermented cabbages, which I guess might use fish sauce or shrimp paste or something, but that question broke my brain for a second. I have no idea the answer to your question it was just funny. Like asking if there are any vegan carrot sticks. Or gluten free steak.

Yeah but kim chi isn't the same as fermented cabbage. Pulmuone is the other brand that Costco carries, and they do make a vegan version but it's not sold at Costco. And their kim chi is not good

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I'm not better-than-anybodying with this post - I have a perfectly good dishwasher that I don't use. I worry that the valves are all dried up at this point. I make a dish I clean a dish

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I have a Bosch and I fuckin hate it. I swear the fuckin thing is a pain in the rear end to load because things don’t fit like they should.

My parents have a Bosch and it's the most useless loving thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
You all live problematic lives. Nothing cleans the kids plastic plates like zeolites