Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sometimes they're right and you get a Saquan rookie season, but more often you get a CEH.

Bijan is rising because he got a bunch of carries in preseason, Smith wants to run and their QB sucks. But I think his current ADP ignores the existence of Tyler Allgeier and the eventual return of CPat.

CEH is more the outlier for rookie RBs with top 15 or so fantasy ADP. Barkley, Zeke, and Najee were RB4 or better.

Bijan is as good a prospect or better than any of them and he got drafted 1.08 by the most run heavy team last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This happened during my main home league draft and the room went loving wild. My only regret is that nobody had taken Luck yet, that would have been the most incredible draft day own. "Hey remember that time your team sucked so bad your QB instantly retired rather than be a part of it"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I want to die

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1694758438360719796

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lmao at touching DEN this year. Payton gonna get exposed like BillyB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

This happened during my main home league draft and the room went loving wild. My only regret is that nobody had taken Luck yet, that would have been the most incredible draft day own. "Hey remember that time your team sucked so bad your QB instantly retired rather than be a part of it"

Yea this happened a few minutes after my big money draft and oh boy were we dunking on the guy that took him hard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

freeman posted:

CEH is more the outlier for rookie RBs with top 15 or so fantasy ADP. Barkley, Zeke, and Najee were RB4 or better.

Bijan is as good a prospect or better than any of them and he got drafted 1.08 by the most run heavy team last year.

This. If you aren't taking Bijan 1.04, you are a coward.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hey Sean, we have TreQuan Smith over here for a low low price.

You know you want him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

freeman posted:

Rookie RBs fantasy seasons since 2000.

https://www.si.com/fantasy/2023/04/19/2023-nfl-draft-rookie-running-backs-fantasy-success

quote:

Saquon Barkley leads all first-year runners in our research with an average of 24.1 points per game. He’s one of two backs (Ezekiel Elliott in 2016) to average over 20 points. Martin was close at 19.5 in his rookie campaign, while three others (Adrian Peterson in 2007, Leonard Fournette in 2017 and Harris) averaged more than 17. In all, 12 of 51 first-round backs have averaged more than 14.9 PPR points per game.

Again, keep in mind that’s 12 backs in the last 23 years.

I used 14.9 points per game as a baseline because that’s how much a runner would have had to average last season to finish in the top 12 (or be considered a No. 1 fantasy runner in a 12-team league). Five other backs were close, averaging more than 14.1 points. That would have made them a high-end RB2 in 2022.

What’s most interesting about the 17 first-round backs who have averaged 14.1 or more points as rookies is that just three have come in the last five years. What’s more, just one (Harris) has occurred in the last two. That of course jives with the decline in players at the position who have been picked in the first round.

Among the seven runners who have been chosen in the first round in the last five years, only Harris and Barkley scored more than 300 points. Clyde Edwards-Helaire (2020) posted 176 points and the two others (Sony Michel and Rashaad Penny, both in 2018) failed to score more than 139.1 points. Penny, who missed two games as a rookie, scored a mere 70.4 points and averaged five per game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have both my big money drafts coming up in a couple hours (One keeper, one Dynasty).

Anyone have any late round sleepers in either league I should keep an eye out for?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jalin Hyatt in dynasty

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I have both my big money drafts coming up in a couple hours (One keeper, one Dynasty).

Anyone have any late round sleepers in either league I should keep an eye out for?

Dynasty is a rookie draft. Where are you picking?

kiimo posted:

Jalin Hyatt in dynasty

My man!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

Apparently Michael Wilson on the Cardinals is getting a ton of hype. But this requires a massive leap of faith in either Kyler coming back quickly or his absolute garbage backups running a competent offense

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My dynasty league drafting a week after the actual draft this year is such a game changer. Not only was everyone fresh from watching the actual draft, it's been a delight all preseason. Like, to make fun of the dude who took Levis in the first, for example.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 24, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Apparently Michael Wilson on the Cardinals is getting a ton of hype. But this requires a massive leap of faith in either Kyler coming back quickly or his absolute garbage backups running a competent offense

Imagine taking the guy who has played 8 games his last two years of college. Michael Wilson got hurt in the time it took to make this post.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Dynasty is a rookie draft. Where are you picking?

9th

Turns into snake after the 3rd round.

It’s rookies and free agents but there’s no notable free agents in the pool.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

9th

For middle late round dynasty guys

Cedric Tillman, Kayshawn Boutte both had some elite college time derailed by injuries. They both likely make their teams (Browns and Pats respectively) and there's room for them to carve out real playing time in the next 2-3 years with tons of upside. I wouldn't expect much this year with either.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RCarr posted:

Tank Dell. He's tiny but that dude can ball. All he does is get open.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ADP for Drake London seems weirdly low. run first team and all, but it’s a vastly improved offensive lineup with him and his QB going into year 2 together. what gives? I’m enjoy getting him in the 6th as WR2/3

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
People keep conflating "first round rbs tend tobe bad" with "all first round rbs tend to be bad."

In fact, all rbs taken at #12 or earlier in the past 8 years have had monster seasons. Now that's just four, but it's all four.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pmchem posted:

ADP for Drake London seems weirdly low. run first team and all, but it’s a vastly improved offensive lineup with him and his QB going into year 2 together. what gives? I’m enjoy getting him in the 6th as WR2/3

How many targets do you think he's going to have per game?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How many targets do you think he's going to have per game?

he averaged almost 10 targets a game the last 5 games of the season, which includes the entire span of D-Rid's starts

if he averages 8/game that's nearly 140 targets, which is a healthy WR1 volume. AJB in his 2nd year, in an Arthur Smith offense, got 7.6 tgts/game and he suffered an early season knee injury that surely affected game plans. plus he had some weird week 10 thing where he didn't get the start and only got 4 targets.

the team has zero other receiving target hog threats other than perennial disappointment and route-deprived Kyle Pitts

like I dunno they drafted him top 10 just last year and fed him at end of season, I guess I don't expect targets to dry up when the overall offense gets... better?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In my only draft so far in .5 PPR Drake went in the early 5th.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

People keep conflating "first round rbs tend tobe bad" with "all first round rbs tend to be bad."

In fact, all rbs taken at #12 or earlier in the past 8 years have had monster seasons. Now that's just four, but it's all four.

This is kind of where I was leaning, there is a profound difference in expectation between a RB drafted in the top 10 and one drafted near the end of the round. Even if they are JAG, they will be force fed the ball to a productive season so the GM does not look dumb.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I am in a .5 PPR league. I have the first pick this year, and my two keepers are AJ Brown (costs me my second round pick) and Rhamondre Stevenson (6th round).

I am loving torn on who to grab first, I feel like with Brown, I should go either CMC or Kelce, but also feel like that's stupid and I should go JJ or Chase. Please help, I am dumb because of choice paralysis.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Handsome Ralph posted:

I am in a .5 PPR league. I have the first pick this year, and my two keepers are AJ Brown (costs me my second round pick) and Rhamondre Stevenson (6th round).

I am loving torn on who to grab first, I feel like with Brown, I should go either CMC or Kelce, but also feel like that's stupid and I should go JJ or Chase. Please help, I am dumb because of choice paralysis.
If it were me I would absolutely go JJ, Chase, or fuckit Kelce.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dunno I'd be hard pressed not to take CMC.

Kelce is 33 and though he shows no signs of slowing I feel like getting ahead of that sort of thing is smart.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

9th

SF or 1QB?

If SF, I am eyeing Charbonnet and Zay Flowers there. Addison and QJ are also decent options in that spot. Dalton Kincaid is a guy people are hot on too. Might even take a flyer on a QB if one drops and you need one. Especially if AR somehow falls (he won't)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

kiimo posted:

I dunno I'd be hard pressed not to take CMC.

Kelce is 33 and though he shows no signs of slowing I feel like getting ahead of that sort of thing is smart.

Yeah Kelce I'm not very high on. I think he's TE1 for sure, but I also think waiting a round or two and going for Andrews is a better idea.

Honestly it's more of a contest between JJ/Chase or CMC. I am wary of CMC getting hurt yet again though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Handsome Ralph posted:

To me it is Justin Jefferson or CMC. I think CMC is the ceiling play and JJ is the floor play.

I also think people are overreacting to last year with Kelce and you are buying him at his ceiling. Never buy guys at their ceiling when they play tight end because if he gets hurt, you are hosed. Yeah, he never has been hurt, but early first Kelce puts a huge cap on your overall ceiling so if anything goes wrong, you need to have a near perfect draft to cover the risk. I think third round Andrews is a way better investment.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, CMC had 315 fantasy points last season and I feel like he had a lot more to give. I'm in no first pick position so I don't have to think about it but in PPR CMC is fire

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

To me it is Justin Jefferson or CMC. I think CMC is the ceiling play and JJ is the floor play.

I also think people are overreacting to last year with Kelce and you are buying him at his ceiling. Never buy guys at their ceiling when they play tight end because if he gets hurt, you are hosed. Yeah, he never has been hurt, but early first Kelce puts a huge cap on your overall ceiling so if anything goes wrong, you need to have a near perfect draft to cover the risk. I think third round Andrews is a way better investment.

I don't agree with the injury part. But yeah, your observation that the pendulum for Kelce only swings from "steal McDeal" to "can only return value at his ceiling" from year to year is spot on for any top TE.

Based on that, and a poo poo ton of tape watching, Mark Andrews is the Steal McDeal and Kelce is the Can Only Return Value at his Ceiling for 2023

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah Kelce I'm not very high on. I think he's TE1 for sure, but I also think waiting a round or two and going for Andrews is a better idea.

Honestly it's more of a contest between JJ/Chase or CMC. I am wary of CMC getting hurt yet again though.

It's incredible how fast everyone forgot that CMC is always injured. He's being drafted like he's ironman, all of a sudden.

Spoiler: He's not ironman.

I actually was able to enjoy his last season -- and he helped me win my first championship in years... but, I'm just being realistic... it's probably not happening again this year for him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
We are also sweeping Shanihanigans under the rug. I'm glad I'm in no position to take CMC.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Matt Zerella posted:

We are also sweeping Shanihanigans under the rug. I'm glad I'm in no position to take CMC.

when Eli Mitchell was healthy, it wasn't all that fun watching CMC be taken out near the goal line -- multiple times.

That is also nearly being completely ignored. This could fall under the Shanahanigans, though.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Kiss your Doug Martin pillow good night, everyone. It's for good luck.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m not drafting CMC even if he falls to me

He might stay healthy but I’m not going to roll the dice on that

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Docjowles posted:

I had just finished my draft in a 2QB league where I had drafted Luck when the news came out :negative:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In my 10 team half ppr keeper league I kept Chase in the 5th and Olave in the 14th.

Picking from the 5th spot I got CMC, Taylor, Josh Allen, and Mattinson with my first 4 picks. Feel real good about it. Obviously Taylor is a risk but accounting for keepers I basically got him at a 4th round value which I absolutely was not passing up. Surprised CMC fell to 1.5 also. Jefferson, Kelce, Saquon, and Ekeler went ahead of me.

My team:

QB- Allen
RB- CMC
RB- Taylor
WR- Chase
WR- Olave
WR- Mike Williams
FLEX- Mattinson
TE- Engram
D/ST- Cowboys
K- Myers

B- London
B- Dalvin Cook
B- Burks
B- Cooks
B- Jeff Wilson
B- Bateman
B- Hyatt
B- Rondale Moore

Have to drop 2 bench players for IDP guys.

Same as every year, looking at my team after the draft I am confident I will obviously win the championship.

I’m usually against taking a QB early but with 2 stud WR’s and RB’s I figured why not.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

kiimo posted:

Jalin Hyatt in dynasty

What about redraft?

I don't feel great about my receiver room this year and I think stacking guys with upside has got to be the way for me. Is he worth a roster spot as a flier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is there an overall #1 who you AREN'T worried about injury or regression? I'm thinking JJ is like the only one which will surely jinx him just by writing that.

Bumhead posted:

What about redraft?

I don't feel great about my receiver room this year and I think stacking guys with upside has got to be the way for me. Is he worth a roster spot as a flier?

I'm not sure I'd take any rookie WR in redraft unless they're generational. I do realize you can't really tell if they're generational until the season is over but I'm pretty comfortable saying Hyatt is not.