Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol, every loving media source tiptoes around calling elon a fascist white supremacist, which he demonstrably is. it's pathetic.

:legion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
He might make fun of them on Twitter sorry I mean X

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

loving christ, npr's Fresh Air just refuses to say what Musk's politics is. its mysteriousTM.

also if musk isnt in a blackout, this might make his feefee/peepee feel bad.

He's a rich person and therefore above reproach for NPR and PBS

E: like I bet you both had reporters covering Oceangate as a tragedy that couldn't be blamed on anyone

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

DeeplyConcerned posted:

No big deal. If it goes wrong they can just find and replace x back to Twitter!

Yes. That was my joke.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

PhazonLink posted:

loving christ, npr's Fresh Air just refuses to say what Musk's politics is. its mysteriousTM.

also if musk isnt in a blackout, this might make his feefee/peepee feel bad.

Mysterious is a polite way of saying dumb. The media don't want to go out of their way to offend a rich person

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes. That was my joke.

It was very good.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

its every person in media's dream to be approached out of the blue to ghostwrite a rich guy's autobiography so no, they're not going to slander their potential sugar daddy soon

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I wonder what the future will bring in needless asinine changes to the platform. I fully expect Musk to suddenly crowdsource a new icon for the searchbar since “no one uses magnifying glasses anymore” and then pick the memeiest and dumbest replacement.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I wonder where the sink is nowadays

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Darchangel posted:

The Urus is probably better at off road than the Cybertruck ever will be at being, well, a vehicle.
Speaking of, I actually saw a Urus on the road here in Dallas last week. First time I'd ever seen one. It's definitely... unique. Better looking that the Cybertruck, but that's faint praise.

I see Uruses all over the goddamn place around me in the Tampa area. I must have seen like six of them in the past two or three months.

Fuckin ridiculous, they even have that fake plastic "diffuser" glued onto the rear bumper that every :airquote: sporty :airquote: car has. Just another misc. SUV

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

rotinaj posted:

LoL I work in a science lab where we are trying to make a thing that is around 5 microns

Nerd!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Slotducks posted:

its every person in media's dream to be approached out of the blue to ghostwrite a rich guy's autobiography so no, they're not going to slander their potential sugar daddy soon

NPR and PBS are always worried about getting their grants and/or public funding pulled, too. They do a lot of good work, but they can also be quite cowardly.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I need to get a business card made that says that

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

I see Uruses all over the goddamn place around me in the Tampa area. I must have seen like six of them in the past two or three months.

Fuckin ridiculous, they even have that fake plastic "diffuser" glued onto the rear bumper that every :airquote: sporty :airquote: car has. Just another misc. SUV
I saw this piece of garbage a few days ago at the mall

Just instant guillotine

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hello body shop? can u make my ottamobile look like this pls

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
turning the wheels to just the right, rakish angle before getting out of my douchemobile so i can impress everybody at the fuckin spencer's

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
What is that? Looks like a decked out Ford Focus lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an Urus with half a poo poo body kit.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Holy poo poo starting price $230,000

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

holtemon posted:

Holy poo poo starting price $230,000

Can't afford it, you poor? :smugbert:

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

marshalljim posted:

NPR and PBS are always worried about getting their grants and/or public funding pulled, too. They do a lot of good work, but they can also be quite cowardly.

Maybe they all have extremely problematic DMs on Twitter and they know elon can read them :tinfoil:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

goatface posted:

It's an Urus with half a poo poo body kit.

Worse. It's someone who can afford the Urus (Base price of 250k) but is desperately trying to trick us into thinking it's the Mansory version (Base Price of around 1m)

Note the beautiful bespoke interior

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

roffles posted:

Maybe they all have extremely problematic DMs on Twitter and they know elon can read them :tinfoil:

They left twitter after he tagged every NPR post with state sponsored media or some bullshit like that.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

marshalljim posted:

only because they don't get enough guaranteed funding from the govt (which is a different lovely issue)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
From the other elmo thread:

Tesseraction posted:

drat, he's lie like that? https://www.threads.net/@keithedwards/post/CwVyxCiuOoL/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

(sorry for light mode I'm not signing up to threads lol)

:lmao:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

not to kink shame anyone but lol spending $1m on a car

Kale
May 14, 2010

Samovar posted:

So, it looks like Musk has finally abandoned DeSantis for that Vivek twat.

Yeah he says the lines the best out of the ones at the debate. Too bad for Elon he's not gonna be the GOP nominee and not even close anyway

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 24, 2023

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Sure the Cybertruck is ugly and manufacturing it seems to be a nightmare but think of the user seconds the truck has with that giant dash.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Another thing the haters don't mention, sure there may not be that much room for storage in the bed of it, but there is no truck out there with more storage room on the dash of the truck. So many bags, tools, planks of wood, can all be stacked up there!

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

mobby_6kl posted:

I saw this piece of garbage a few days ago at the mall

Just instant guillotine

Its like an aliexpress gaming mouse

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Solus posted:

Worse. It's someone who can afford the Urus (Base price of 250k) but is desperately trying to trick us into thinking it's the Mansory version (Base Price of around 1m)

I guess I just don't understand car guys

...!
Oct 5, 2003

kazil posted:

not to kink shame anyone but lol spending $1m on a car

You jelly? :smuggo:

Kale posted:

Yeah he says the lines the best out of the ones at the debate. Too bad for Elon he's not gonna be the GOP nominee and not even close anyway

He's also somehow the dumbest one out of all the contenders, which is quite the accomplishment

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got confused by that pic because Lambo Urus are usually 4 door (plus hatch) but there is some high end modder Mansory that turns them into a 2 door.

I have no idea why. This isn’t car guys buying them, it’s freaks with way too much money.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

You jelly? :smuggo:

yes, but still a better use of money than $44billion for a dying social media site

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

rotinaj posted:

The physical standards used to validate microparticle size are somewhere around 10.13 microns +- 0.06 microns

Or that's what the bottle sitting in front of me says

That's just the alcohol talking.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Solus posted:

I think I got this in a Rocket League loot box

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spiny posted:

Its like an aliexpress gaming mouse

I've seen a car that looks like that to the point that I told someone I saw a car that looked like a lovely gaming mouse and he just off-the-cuff named the model. Google the Polaris Slingshot.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Riches can be made off people who have a lot of money and like trashy that is insanely cheap to make.

The fashion industry learnt this years ago.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

thathonkey posted:

its probably a completely fabricated metric some survivor engineer came up with in a scramble to placate elon and he latched onto it

This is my guess, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Darchangel posted:

Yes, this exactly. Does Elong not own a baking sheet?
What am I saying? He’s never used anything but a microwave on his own.

Elon Musk was allegedly unable to properly cook Pop-Tarts for himself, putting them in the toaster sideways and burning himself when taking them out.

There's a strong possibility that he doesn't know how to use a microwave.