Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mo Salah to Saudi would be fine for him imo. Gets paid a poo poo load, he isn't gonna win anything with Liverpool anyway. At the current point in his career he would be getting the best possible salary and he is already 31.

Liverpool fans want 250m for him, thats what they offered Mbappe... He is their best player but they could just bite the bullet for bit and potentially get a world class striker like Osimhen just put the Hungarian dude on the right.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Doku to City is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1694756957096398975

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
what is his power level?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Looking forward to saying "more like dookie" on several occasions this season

Ulio posted:

Mo Salah to Saudi would be fine for him imo. Gets paid a poo poo load, he isn't gonna win anything with Liverpool anyway. At the current point in his career he would be getting the best possible salary and he is already 31.

Liverpool fans want 250m for him, thats what they offered Mbappe... He is their best player but they could just bite the bullet for bit and potentially get a world class striker like Osimhen just put the Hungarian dude on the right.

Early in the window I'd have said Liverpool should take the cash but Chelsea, spurs and United look like poo poo so they have a decent chance of getting top 4 with him and then can get the Saudi cash next year.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
take the cash for salah and buy mbappe imo. alternately are there any good rcb/right backs/dms available.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i can't in good conscience ever say we should sell mo because even though he isn't the force of nature he was a few years ago, he still scores a lot and, more importantly, i love him and want to kiss him on the mouth and i don't want him to play for another club

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

i can't in good conscience ever say we should sell mo because even though he isn't the force of nature he was a few years ago, he still scores a lot and, more importantly, i love him and want to kiss him on the mouth and i don't want him to play for another club

I still think he is amazing, the dude had 19 goals with almost 0 creative players behind(minus Trent). Meanwhile if Rashford scores 15 people go crazy.

For me the only thing is that he is already 31, Szoboslai can play in his position and this balances out the midfield where someone like Curtis Jones can be a starter and do some defending with Endo. But it would basically require flipping this season as a cointoss and hope you can get Osimhen + a world class centerback next year or in winter. Mbappe to Liverpool would be wild but I think he is gonna stay in PSG and only leave to Real.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 24, 2023

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
His agent confirmed the last time the Saudis tried this, about 3 weeks ago, that he never would have re-signed for Liverpool had he any intention of not seeing out the deal. I'd be personally shocked if he went, and if he did it would be loving disastrous. He just became the club's 5th leading scorer on Saturday. There's no replacement like for like, this isn't a video game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Finn posted:

His agent confirmed the last time the Saudis tried this, about 3 weeks ago, that he never would have re-signed for Liverpool had he any intention of not seeing out the deal. I'd be personally shocked if he went, and if he did it would be loving disastrous. He just became the club's 5th leading scorer on Saturday. There's no replacement like for like, this isn't a video game.

That's all nice and well but that's before they decided to give him the highest salary in the league and I would guess that would make him the highest football player especially since there is 0 income tax there.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Finn posted:

He just became the club's 5th leading scorer on Saturday.

Didn't realise he was that far up the list

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

TAA to right wing, job done.

Along with buying a new rb that can play cb and dm.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/EduardoHagn/status/1694800113380548789

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1694802275980521856

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

notaspy posted:

TAA to right wing, job done.

Along with buying a new rb that can play cb and dm.

This would probably be fine tbh

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Finn posted:

it soudns so far fetched but is it possible his agent is trying to inflate the fee for some kind of personal gain

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Glad to hear Monaco found their other credit card. This should work well for everyone: Balogun wants to play full time, if he keeps on improving Monaco can flip him for even more, and he’ll likely be one of the top scorers if his form from last year in France continues.

For better or worse, it feels like Arteta doesn’t want to take a punt on integrating Flo as opposed to Eddie Nketiah up top, and it’s possible there are more bids for Balogun than Eddie anyway.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah that was always the issue. In a vacuum I sell Eddie and keep flo but he made it clear he wasn’t going to be a happy backup like Eddie

Wonder if we go big on a marquee striker next summer to really go all in as saka and the other reach their primes

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i just hope there is a buyback or at least a sell-on clause involved.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He will bang on again in France, and Chelsea will grossly overpay in a year, and Arsenal will take 20% of the profit. Then his form will dip in the EPL for obvious reasons. It is written.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T Bowl posted:

He will bang on again in France, and Chelsea will grossly overpay in a year, and Arsenal will take 20% of the profit. Then his form will dip in the EPL for obvious reasons. It is written.

so long as we've got that sell-on clause and Chelsea buy him for 1.0 Grealishes or more, I'm happy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea were already linked to him because he was a young, unproven kid.

The last thing we need.

If he’s that talented, why doesn’t he seem to have a future at Arsenal?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chelsea just assume everyone is a huge fuckup with young players they don’t give enough time to, and that balogun is the next salah/de bruyne

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

hadji murad posted:

The last thing we need.

kri kri posted:

Yeah that was always the issue. In a vacuum I sell Eddie and keep flo but he made it clear he wasn’t going to be a happy backup like Eddie

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

hadji murad posted:

The last thing we need.

Timing? For better or worse, Arteta knows what he has with Eddie, and there might be two or three people ahead of him at that position (Gabriel Jesus, Nketiah, Trossard, Havertz). And with his hot season last year, his value is very high.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

hadji murad posted:

The last thing we need.

He does but he wanted to be a guaranteed starter and was unwilling to sit on the bench and fight a place.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just can’t wrap my head around having depth in that position. Thanks for the answers!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I’m pretty sure Arteta at more than one press conferenced called him a little bitch.

For better or worse, Arteta has a specific attitude he looks for and prioritize.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1694832670428033407

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Keeping every player who looks promising would be nice but FFP will trip you up. Academy players are 100% profit so a good way to get the balance of transfer spending down.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

eddie is much better than balogun, so it's not shocking that arteta wants to keep the former and not the latter.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CPFCtransfersHQ/status/1694977774228795802

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1694955466957234679

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Draxler to palace is the transfer content I crave

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jesus WEP posted:

I would give everything to see how miserable neymar would be in the north east

neymar in the north east and the 2 brazilians on the team being lula supporters. what could go wrong

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

I just can’t wrap my head around having depth in that position. Thanks for the answers!

Arsenal are chock full of 7 goal a season forwards, this is true

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham may have left it a bit late but they’re now having a pretty good window

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1695068551323812196?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Finally, we can all make that Simpsons joke in the permanent MDT

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

West Ham may have left it a bit late but they’re now having a pretty good window

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1695068551323812196?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

if you cant get kudos, just buy the next best thing

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

It seems like Juve have finally pulled out of the Lukaku race from Italian sources. I think Lukaku gets way too much hate, his CL final performance didn't help either but he was one of the reason Inter made it so far and got top 4 in the end. He was in insane form in the last few months while Lautaro dipped post world cup. He is very streaky and causes drama but he is good enough to play on most top teams.

If Roma get him they actually have a decent squad and should challenge for top 4 again. He also did have some really good seasons under Jose so theres that.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Photoshops are somehow getting worse

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

UnderFreddy posted:

eddie is much better than balogun, so it's not shocking that arteta wants to keep the former and not the latter.

"Much better" is a big stretch. Nketiah has proven he can score a couple of goals in the prem but otherwise he's pretty bad if you watch him week after week. Balogun wasnt given a chance because 1) he doesnt want to be backup to Jesus which Nketiah is happy to be because he knows his level and 2) Arsenal likely need to bring in a bit of money after spending a ton and Arteta has said his squad is much too big.

Edit: A big problem with Eddie and why he isnt great imo, is if you're going to be the type of striker that doesnt enable other players, you need to be clinical, and he is 100% not that. Jesus is also not clinical, but he's a different type of striker, he scores sometimes but he also creates a bunch, and you see that with Martinelli who plays incredibly well with Jesus feeding him and others chances unlike the games with Nketiah. So yea, if you're going to have a more traditional striker, you really need someone who can put away a good percentage of those chances. I would have loved to see Balogun at least given a run in preseason to see if he could be that but Arteta knew Jesus was going to start and Balogun would not be happy on the bench so hence why he's off.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

sticksy posted:

The Photoshops are somehow getting worse

i don't know what's funnier, the horribly warped west ham shirt which looks like it's being worn by a fat man juxtaposed against kudus's large neck and lean arms, or the pokemon card game bubble background