Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

You Will Not Be Alone

Pretty brutal and interesting coming of age story, but half the movie is shot and edited like a medication commercial with asmr narration. It would have been cooler if it wasn't trying so hard to be super deep.

:witch::witch::witch: out of 5

You Will (Not) Be Alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

You Will (Not) Be Alone

Oops lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the nice guys. ryan gosling is a funny man and fat russel crowe just rules

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Mandy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Been watching the history of the Minnesota vikings by Jon Bois.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

MacheteZombie posted:

Amazing series so far. Can’t wait for the 2000’s episode it’s going to be insane.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

Big nutz.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The Dark Crystal

It was good, and it sucks we can't have things like this anymore

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

His video on the Mariners was really good

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Watched Sometimes a Great Notion and loved it

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The new D&D movie with 3 people who know zero about D&D, and everyone had a good time. Solid flick

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah it was fun, and had some genuinely funny stuff like the skeleton guy who can't die

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Winning Time season 2 is pretty good so far. Give me an hour of Jerry West

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rewatched jackass forever and 4.5. i liked the new team, poopies and zach are especially great

danger ehren gets hosed up hard through this one lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Gamera 2: Attack of Legion

Absolutely unhinged badguy in this one, the ending was pretty weird but it still kicked rear end.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Baki. Great ending.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
started watching celebrity, which is a pretty decent show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIboeCkVKJk

pretty good show

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Slop I've watched recently:

Cobra Kai - wholesome slop

Foundation: fell asleep during episode 1, woke up with season 2 starting, no idea who anyone is or whats happening

Karate Kid 1: Good movie

20 mins of Karate Kid 2: eh

30 minutes of Karate Kid 3: not very good at all, the first 10 mins of from the first 2 movies and then the characters looking directly in the camera and explaining why characters from the first two movies won't be in this movie

Only murderers in the buiilding season 3: comedy for people who think steve martin with an arrow through his head and a banjo is piss your pants funny lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

Only murderers in the buiilding season 3: comedy for people who think steve martin with an arrow through his head and a banjo is piss your pants funny lmao
Sweet, I'll add that to the list.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Sweet, I'll add that to the list.

hahaha

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Slop I've watched recently:

Cobra Kai - wholesome slop

Foundation: fell asleep during episode 1, woke up with season 2 starting, no idea who anyone is or whats happening

Karate Kid 1: Good movie

20 mins of Karate Kid 2: eh

30 minutes of Karate Kid 3: not very good at all, the first 10 mins of from the first 2 movies and then the characters looking directly in the camera and explaining why characters from the first two movies won't be in this movie

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

rewatched jackass forever and 4.5. i liked the new team, poopies and zach are especially great

danger ehren gets hosed up hard through this one lol

The bowling ball to the nuts in 4.5 was insane. This man absolutely lost his reproduction capability.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

stone ocean anime. ending is so nuts and such a fuckin bummer. now i'm watchin the episodes of thus spoke kishibe rohan

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Millennium Actress

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
bunch of stuff on paramount+:

1. Rabbit Hole- fun show with a lot of twists, good if you're nostalgic for 24 or Kiefer Sutherland
2. Special Ops: Lionness - definitely military boomer bait, but entertaining nonetheless
3. 1883- one of the best westerns i've ever seen in my life. if you're into westerns, don't skip this one.
4. yellowjackets - christina ricci owns

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ghosthorse posted:

Millennium Actress

10/10. Kon FTMFW. RIP

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Weaponized Autism posted:

3. 1883- one of the best westerns i've ever seen in my life. if you're into westerns, don't skip this one.

But I don’t want to watch anything from the Yellowstoneverse

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I think Millennium Actress is the one Kon film I haven’t seen yet… gotta fix that.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

herculon posted:

But I don’t want to watch anything from the Yellowstoneverse

Yeah I get it but this is a standalone miniseries and you don't need to know or care about Yellowstone to enjoy it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just watched Gamera 3: revenge of Iris.

That's a weird fuckin movie man. Complete tonal shift from 1 and 2, and some of the sub story plots were like weird anime poo poo, but they are so bizarre that they are at least interesting. It starts out pretty grousome which was surprising, but over the course of the movie the effects get so bad that it is actually shockingly bad looking and the new monster is just absolutely no good which is a real shame.

Really glad I watch the trilogy, thanks movie club!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

(guys runs into a party at 3 am after everyone is passed out or went home) just watched RRR and it’s badass!!!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

(guys runs into a party at 3 am after everyone is passed out or went home) just watched RRR and it’s badass!!!

it’s never too late to watch RRR

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wrapped up my 4th or 5th Wire rewatch. Season 5 is still really weird, and still the worst season by far. Not even close enough to poison the entire series but it's best viewed as a fanfic season w/all the questionable character choices. GOATed series nonthethus.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wrapped up my 4th or 5th Wire rewatch. Season 5 is still really weird, and still the worst season by far. Not even close enough to poison the entire series but it's best viewed as a fanfic season w/all the questionable character choices. GOATed series nonthethus.

TV writer: what if this season was about... writers.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this has been killing me but i'm trying to remember this movie i once saw way back in the early 2000s or late 90s that was a comedy flick where a bumbling american guy (i think a CIA agent) ends up working in/near Cuba and basically inadvertedly causes all the Castro assassination/overthrow attempts by the CIA/US to fail.

the one scene that stands out is he's running his vinyl player and the record skips and goes "i'm a hog for you...i'm a hog for you...i'm a hog for you" and that gets picked up by some radio frequency so the CIA in DC think its a clue to enact their invasion plan on the Bay of Pigs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lester just out of the blue jumping in with mcnulty's antics felt like such an abrupt change of character but so did kima being completely clueless and unable to sniff out what was happening. the newspaper angle felt like it was a cameo from a completely different show entirely. still kicks rear end.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

lester just out of the blue jumping in with mcnulty's antics felt like such an abrupt change of character but so did kima being completely clueless and unable to sniff out what was happening. the newspaper angle felt like it was a cameo from a completely different show entirely. still kicks rear end.

Yeah, agreed. I found the McNulty+Lester stuff to be pretty funny overall, but yeah S5 was definitely full of some jarring changes like that. Still great (I do like how things end up going full circle, in ways) but yeah it definitely doesn't feel quite as well-executed as S4, for sure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I could see Lester jumping in myself tbh. He is a guy who was on cold storage for decades and was finally back doing what he loved which was detective work and investigation so the frustration over the resources shortage could plausibly make him accept McNulty's stupid plan.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Watching Ghost in the Shell on Pluto. It's kinda interesting having the movie interrupted by commercials pushing AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

bees x1000 posted:

Watching Ghost in the Shell on Pluto. It's kinda interesting having the movie interrupted by commercials pushing AI.