Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So Doritos suck now I guess. I almost never buy them so today was the first time in over a year, and nah. Chips are off, seasoning is weak, these are either a bad batch or they are making them cheaper and charging more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Serious_Cyclone posted:

they are making them cheaper and charging more.

:capitalism:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So Doritos suck now I guess. I almost never buy them so today was the first time in over a year, and nah. Chips are off, seasoning is weak, these are either a bad batch or they are making them cheaper and charging more.

Yeah I got a bag that had like half the usual seasoning, which makes them just tortilla chips.

The price was raised to reflect this of course.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Doritos I had in costa Rica were amazing. The ones In America are poo poo.

It's weird

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
off brand imitation doritos have been better than actual doritos for years, such as old dutch arriba chips

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The Doritos I had in costa Rica were amazing. The ones In America are poo poo.

It's weird

In Costa Rica they still pray and give sacrifices to the old Doritos gods, In the US the Shrines to the Doritos gods lay in ruin, uninvited, forgotten.

The Doritos gods show their fury at this offense back cursing all Doritos consumed in the US to be a bit less flavorful, to drive all those who consume them their into depression and disrepair and the land into darkness!

Hope this helps.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Xxtra hot Doritos are where it’s at. They’re not spicy but they taste good. Xxxxtra hot they also aren’t spicy but they taste worse. I can’t find the xx anymore which is definitely shittier

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Gas pumps that force you to dismiss some bullshit about a rewards program before you can pump gas.

Why research clean energy when you can just make your loving gasoline pumps play ads

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Also Face ID is total loving trash

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Dorito-like chips that have the super hot flavours like Ghost Pepper that my store only sometimes has have a worse texture but Bette flavour. Would recommend whatever brand it is.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Doritos are trash, Takis for life.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I haven’t noticed . I think you got a bad batch

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Professor Shark posted:

The Dorito-like chips that have the super hot flavours like Ghost Pepper that my store only sometimes has have a worse texture but Bette flavour. Would recommend whatever brand it is.

Paqui

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Correct- I ate their Haunted Ghost Pepper chips and they gave me hiccups haha

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Doritos are trash, Takis for life.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Gas pumps that force you to dismiss some bullshit about a rewards program before you can pump gas.

Why research clean energy when you can just make your loving gasoline pumps play ads

I like the option where you can input your grocery loyalty card, and if you don't have one it has a little option for and I quote, no loyalty. I definitely enjoy pushing that button and feeling like I'm littlefinger.

I have no loyalty to you, gas station, just give me my fuel.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Google maps has been discussed, but I've got a new grievance! All last year, maps would direct me to the back entrance of the school, despite me going to the front to pick up and drop off every single day. The AI just couldn't figure It out. I thought the maps experience was supposed to be personalized?

First day of the school year, it starts directing me to the FRONT door. Problem is they've switched drop off and pick up to the BACK. So Google maps still directs me to the WRONG loving DOOR!

anonumos fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 24, 2023

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

anonumos posted:

Google maps has been discussed, but I've got a new grievance! All last year, maps would direct me to the back entrance of the school, despite me going to the front to pick up and drop off every single day. The AI just couldn't figure It out. I thought the maps experience was supposed to be personalized?

First day of the school year, it starts directing me to the FRONT door. Problem is they've switched drop off and pick up to the BACK. So Google maps still directs me to the WRONG loving DOOR!

... can I ask why you're still using Google Maps to get to a school you've been going to for over a year?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

general grievance in the vein of the USB-C part:

tolerances in SMD parts went wild after we had to start sourcing from anywhere we could find during COVID, especially after that factory in Japan that made our opamps burned down. Boards were failing tests while being perfectly in range because parts were constantly 0.0001v out of tolerance, poo poo like that. Then replace a resistor from the same manufacturer, same reel, no fail. I feel like we're walking right back into a capacitor plague situation. None of your post-COVID electronics are trustworthy.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

wash bucket posted:

... can I ask why you're still using Google Maps to get to a school you've been going to for over a year?

Traffic and road closure information

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Maybe they've been doing it for a while but I just noticed that the Google Play Store now shows a series of ads at the top of the search results instead of the obvious one you're looking for to trick you into accidentally downloading them.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Armacham posted:

Ah, guess I've been blessed by predictable commutes.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Avoid developing a dependence upon apps, streaming, and software as a service, is what I'm concluding from this thread.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

doctorfrog posted:

Avoid developing a dependence upon apps, streaming, and software as a service, is what I'm concluding from this thread.

Good luck.

My Pigs Huge Balls
Jun 4, 2020

doctorfrog posted:

[Develop] a dependence upon apps, streaming, and software as a service, is what I'm concluding.

--- My Boss, and His Boss, and His Boss' Boss etc etc

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ThinkTank posted:

Maybe they've been doing it for a while but I just noticed that the Google Play Store now shows a series of ads at the top of the search results instead of the obvious one you're looking for to trick you into accidentally downloading them.

I just sideloaded Play store on my Prime Day Fire HD 8 that I rediscovered (excellent find, it's way bigger than that piece of poo poo fire stick remote that gets lost all the time, at 0.0000000000000005x the input speed!) and noticed that.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Biplane posted:

Good luck.

I will gladly be that weirdo who hoards physical media and insists on using open source software and 10 year old versions of Photoshop.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Armacham posted:

It's directing you to the side of the school with less traffic

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah that's what it sounds like, it directed you around back when everyone had to go to the front and now it's directing you out front when everyone has to go to the back. It doesn't know about the arbitrary rule changes, it's just trying to make your day a little easier.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

doctorfrog posted:

This is basically what I live my life by.

People will make it sound like it's some super hard forbidden art or some poo poo, but with modest computer literacy and a willingness to click on the second result in a google search will go a long, long ways to this end. It's not that hard unless you are willing to trade away literally everything at the door for 'convenience'.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
*Extremely Google voice* The dumb poo poo is the clients in my case. My algorithms are perfect.

I've been directing this moron to the same school for an entire year and they're still going to the wrong side. They just can't figure it out. I thought experience was supposed to help them learn?

First day of the school year, I give up and start directing them to the FRONT door. Problem is they've decided to go to the other door. So the human still goes to the WRONG loving DOOR!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

This is basically what I live my life by.

People will make it sound like it's some super hard forbidden art or some poo poo, but with modest computer literacy and a willingness to click on the second result in a google search will go a long, long ways to this end. It's not that hard unless you are willing to trade away literally everything at the door for 'convenience'.

today I didn't have my phone and I needed to find a post office. my loving god it was like being in the dark age.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Apparently mugshots have gotten shittier. They just don't look as good without the letter boards anymore.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Outrail posted:

*Extremely Google voice* The dumb poo poo is the clients in my case. My algorithms are perfect.

I've been directing this moron to the same school for an entire year and they're still going to the wrong side. They just can't figure it out. I thought experience was supposed to help them learn?

First day of the school year, I give up and start directing them to the FRONT door. Problem is they've decided to go to the other door. So the human still goes to the WRONG loving DOOR!

Chef's kiss.

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

OK So I guess "Microsoft Azure Active Directory" is now called...
*checks notes*
Entra ID?
:suicide:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Jemak posted:

OK So I guess "Microsoft Azure Active Directory" is now called...
*checks notes*
Entra ID?
:suicide:

... why would they call it that? Why would anyone do that?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

:smuggo: Ticket Closed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Time_pants posted:

Because microsoft like 99.99% of all tech companies have no god drat idea how to name things.

Just pick a naming system and stick to it drat it!!!! No one cares if it's garbage just let us know which one comes after which one!!!

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

Time_pants posted:

Why make it work when we can just rename it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Mercenary company branding departments approve