Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

not even sure if this is fake or not anymore lol

100% real. the customer service / phone staffing cost of tesla owners calling daily and whining for the 6-18 months it takes to get teslas to get repaired means that they're enormous money losers for traditional insurance companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

100% real. the customer service / phone staffing cost of tesla owners calling daily and whining for the 6-18 months it takes to get teslas to get repaired means that they're enormous money losers for traditional insurance companies

love the car though

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

wouldn't normal insurance companies love cars that are off the streets for most of their covered term?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
teslas can only be serviced at tesla and that would allow tesla to gouge the insurance companies

also a lot of their stuff require full replacements, especially when they ignite and the passengers cant escape

also holy gently caress the liability of the auotpilot

moist turtleneck has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Aug 24, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Jonny 290 posted:

he could just buy bottle service for like eight undercut dudes who will puff him up all night long and then drop like 3k a night for the hottest women on the planet to ride his pecker until sunrise but he needs authentic approval for some reason

bezos is winning this one handily

His public face is simply an act. He is, after all, playing 5d chess with life. Behind the scenes he's conquering the galaxy. He may become the first true AI thanks to Neuralink.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They replaced headlights with night vision

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They replaced headlights with night vision

Someone flashes their brights to warn you that you have no headlights and you are instantly blinded permanently.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

these are the lights :lol:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tell me again why the cyber truck can’t use plastic for the body? or a fiber composite if you’re worried about plastic pollution?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Niwrad posted:

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a light bar like that one on the roof on my truck and you can get serious tickets running that not-offroad (they'll use them on the road. every single one.)

too bad we don't have a functioning ntsb/nhtsa

Also! The lower "headlights" are on the frunk lid not the body, so better hope that latch never gets misaligned

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess some people are saying the top one has been removed because it's illegal in a lot of states. Also people aren't even sure if the lower light bar is staying on the truck because I guess it sucks and may not be legal either.

Basically no one seems to know anything about how you will be able to drive this truck at night. And Tesla has not shown any recent photos of it being used at night.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He's gonna manufacture one and give it to himself

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I've seen those kinds of lightbars in Ohio and they are hilariously stupid and dangerous.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
not only does it crash into people and kill them it will blind other drivers and do the same to them

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Niwrad posted:

epic

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

coconono posted:

tell me again why the cyber truck can’t use plastic for the body? or a fiber composite if you’re worried about plastic pollution?

its a back to the future truck

actually kinda weird he didn't collaborate with what's left of DMC on the cybertruck, would've been a fun idea. maybe they'll do a special edition with a flux capacitor in the cab or soemthing.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

would've been a fun idea. maybe they'll do a special edition with a flux capacitor in the cab or soemthing.
why would you speak that into existence?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
pperhaps you should win prizes by driving

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that homer simpsons car is real

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Niwrad posted:

it looks sick imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
thank you mister musk for making your car out of the superior megabloks product and not lego

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

thank you mister musk for making your car out of the superior megabloks product and not lego

megabloks are fail

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

megabloks are fail

you don't like the car??

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1694757960587575763?t=vY2nsBSs_yzurrD_y8T8UQ&s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
megabloks makes a bad brick. Lego bricks are far superior due to high tolerances.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

lmao come on man

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

looks like sleepy joe is in another pickle

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
new cybertruck image released

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ex post facho posted:

panel gaps are way too consistent for that to be a picture of the cybertruck. please do not post misinformation in this thread.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

you telling me lego can make something better than this??

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah big difference between the Homer (failure of concept) and the cyber truck (failure of concept and execution)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's the cybertruck prototype

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

where are the headlights

you won't care

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ex post facho posted:

i already made that joke... die

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

where are the headlights

Where we're going, we won't need headlights to see

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Niwrad posted:

how important is it to have two headlights for someone to see the speed and distance of a car at night?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
why would you need headlights when you're moving across a calm sea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

not even sure if this is fake or not anymore lol

it's real