Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Savathun is powered by imbaru and has a ghost named Immaru?
Immaru is a Sumerian word for "light" and as Battuta pointed out, Imbaru is the Sumerian word for 'mist'

I think Sava named Immaru too? (Or he took up that name after joining the Hive, but forgot the lore source for that outside the wiki having it in trivia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Immaru is a Sumerian word for "light" and as Battuta pointed out, Imbaru is the Sumerian word for 'mist'

I think Sava named Immaru too? (Or he took up that name after joining the Hive, but forgot the lore source for that outside the wiki having it in trivia)

I follow, but like... is there any significance to that? I'm missing something if this is any more meaningful than if she were powered by Gasoline and had a ghost named Vaseline.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
So are we getting a Subaru sparrow skin?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
After seeing what happened to Eris now I want to see a resurrected Savathun lose a bit of the hive magic and magic morph into a more human-ish shape.

No real reason, I just think it would be neat and make people speculate a lot.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Meiteron posted:

The key underlying feature of Eris' entire character, the foundational bedrock that makes Eris Morn work, is that she ticks every single box of the Person Who Turns Evil list and never, ever does.

Except for all those timelines where she overindulges in the darkness and joins the Witness.

Just gotta see if the Guardian's friendship is enough to save her in this one.

(I want to fight Eris in the next dungeon and turn her into a gun)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Re: FS campaign and raidgoing to lol if we kill the witness in the campaign since you gotta get it done where most players will see it but he comes back and infects or takes over Eris (Moon girl whose all spooky now?) and we stop him from manifesting again in the raid

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waroduce posted:

Re: FS campaign and raidgoing to lol if we kill the witness in the campaign since you gotta get it done where most players will see it but he comes back and infects or takes over Eris (Moon girl whose all spooky now?) and we stop him from manifesting again in the raid

I dunno, I feel like this one time they'll do it right and have the final boss be raid only.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They flat-out confirmed that you fight the Witness in the raid. They also said you'll still get a full experience from the campaign alone. They also also said that it's kind of an inversion of Oryx. These things all seem very contradictory to me, so who knows.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

MJeff posted:

They flat-out confirmed that you fight the Witness in the raid. They also said you'll still get a full experience from the campaign alone. They also also said that it's kind of an inversion of Oryx. These things all seem very contradictory to me, so who knows.

Fight the Witness in the raid, kill the Witness in a final-stand everyone can play solo?

Decompile the Witness in the raid, reconcile Light and Dark post campaign?

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 24, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kill the Witness in the campaign, kill the Witness's headghost civilization in the raid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ruin the witness’s plan so the universe is saved in campaign, actually permakill him for good and take his rear end to wear as a hat in the raid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let the Witness make his final shape in the campaign, turn it into a penis in the raid

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the Witness in the Raid, marry the Witness in the campaign, kill the Witness in the end of season event.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm guessing its something like the end of the campaign is going to be stop The Witness from doing whatever the gently caress he's trying to do with the Traveller and weaken him and the raids gonna be to bust down the door to his last sanctum and turbo murder him.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

my fantasy is 6 titans going in with a Thundercrash and 1 phasing the witness and then just bagging his multiple heads as he lays down there flabbergasted

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Popping a bubble over the witness so the headghostsmoke gets trapped inside and we hotbox pure darkness intelligence then keep emoting and jumping off the tower blitzed as hell

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I really hope I get to kill the Witness by standing on a plate and shouting symbols and then my fireteam grabs a ball and shouts other symbols then I get a buff that lets me shoot a crystal under more symbols, then I get 25 seconds to shoot my heavy weapon at the glowing weak point for massive damage.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
For anyone else who was waiting for one for their harmonizers, Banshee is selling Retrofit Escapade, with a pretty good roll already (4th Time, Target Lock, decent barrel and mag), though I think the perks reset in...six or seven hours from now?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Unless we depower the Witness in the campaign the raid doesn't make sense, because (A) why doesn't he just clickslice everyone the second the fight starts and (B) the Witness has been established as the kind of character who is 100% against any kind of messing around like balls, plates, forcefields or bubbles, and absolutely would clickslice a motherfucker if that's an option.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah didn't he invent all our Raid Mechanics basically to make fun of us?

I'm sure the campaign involves depowering him and/or empowering us to prevent the clickslice (I like the way that term feels)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

We're gonna counter the clickslice with slapchop

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

My guess is that, in the campaign, we trap him in a little pocket universe where he successfully deletes everything. The raid is six guardians metaphorically pouring bleach into the sink drain that leads to his septic tank dimension.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Going through the Witness' head and making peace with individual components Hohenheim of Light style

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Persona 5 that dude, but do we have to go into each individual head?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The campaign will have solved the entire Witness business, but then in a post credit scene one of six Guardians around the campfire asks: "But what if we turned the Witness into a gun?"

Raid time.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

muike posted:

Going through the Witness' head and making peace with individual components Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged style

FTFY

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Halibut Barn posted:

For anyone else who was waiting for one for their harmonizers, Banshee is selling Retrofit Escapade, with a pretty good roll already (4th Time, Target Lock, decent barrel and mag), though I think the perks reset in...six or seven hours from now?
Is this a particularly good LMG to get a crafted version of? I left all my Harmonizers go to waste last season because I don't know what to do with them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pierson posted:

Is this a particularly good LMG to get a crafted version of? I left all my Harmonizers go to waste last season because I don't know what to do with them.

No you didn't.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/PreviousSeason

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Last mission of final shape will dump you in a 12 man raid randomly.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Pierson posted:

It's the only LMG with the FTTC+Target Lock combo, which is a pretty popular one. Until this season it was also the only Void LMG with Target Lock, but it looks like the new Gambit LMG has it too.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Majere posted:

Last mission of final shape will dump you in a 12 man raid randomly.

it will just be a public space that spawns a yellow bar Witness to fly around every 10 minutes for you to ammo dump into, cosmodrome fallen walker style

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
There’s just one Witness instance across all platforms with an enormous health bar, and you can queue up to do 1 DPS phase on him then you go to the back of the line. When he finally dies it unlocks a Bungie.net post and he resets back to full health.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What if the REAL Witness, is inside us?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

General Battuta posted:

There’s just one Witness instance across all platforms with an enormous health bar, and you can queue up to do 1 DPS phase on him then you go to the back of the line. When he finally dies it unlocks a Bungie.net post and he resets back to full health.

No joke something like the Dragons Dogma Ur-Dragon fight would be good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The House of Wolves hunts in packs, guardian

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

It’s bananas with the FTTC/target lock. If you can hold it on a crit spot it just fires for A Long loving Time (TM).

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Needs to be a Witness Hardcore Mode where if he kills you your guardian is deleted.

Hell, a hardcore mode in general may be fun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Needs to be a Witness Hardcore Mode where if he kills you your guardian is deleted.

Hell, a hardcore mode in general may be fun.

i wouldn't trust it

https://streamable.com/aj90qh
https://streamable.com/ztnjab

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Skill issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone else getting Anteater error code? I got 2 tonight, it is is killing my urge to play.