Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Besides, people actually like meatballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

Yup. Again, amazing the guy didn't go into hiding after the rebellion failed.

Rebellion's don't stop until the last man is left standing, thems the rules.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bulletsponge13 posted:

I did the crimes, but they shouldn't count because I don't like them. Also, here's another crime I did.

Bold strategy.

They were beautiful crimes. It's unfair to persecute your political opposition for perfect and bigly crimes like some kind of communist witchunt antifa.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, for Christie that bridge is closed.

:lol:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

stealie72 posted:

And DipshitSantis is too long, sadly.

Dipshitis works

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So there's a funny thing in Georgia law:

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1694411174123589750?t=UlucOAsA2Hj-G5-klYIORA&s=19

I've seen very little about this, much less about how it would affect a multi-defendant state RICO case. But, the Georgia DA has responded with a hilarious recommended trial date from this motion:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1694752955193348413?t=Vm-66QseFyJTac-UNkevDQ&s=19

This can't be possible, as we're on the wrong timeline for this clusterfuck of a RICO trial to actually start in two months. That would be some funny loving poo poo if the Cheeseman forces Donnie to actually stand trial quickly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oct. 23 would be the start date for jury selection most likely with trial to commence immediately after.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

So there's a funny thing in Georgia law:

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1694411174123589750?t=UlucOAsA2Hj-G5-klYIORA&s=19

I've seen very little about this, much less about how it would affect a multi-defendant state RICO case. But, the Georgia DA has responded with a hilarious recommended trial date from this motion:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1694752955193348413?t=Vm-66QseFyJTac-UNkevDQ&s=19

This can't be possible, as we're on the wrong timeline for this clusterfuck of a RICO trial to actually start in two months. That would be some funny loving poo poo if the Cheeseman forces Donnie to actually stand trial quickly.

Why is Chesebro doing this? Is he trying to screw over Trump? Is to save in legal fees?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

Why is Chesebro doing this? Is he trying to screw over Trump? Is to save in legal fees?

Free campaign coverage / airtime just like Trump got from the press in 2015/16?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mariebardi/status/1694529390976147746?t=v7M3aPTZis7Exv7RieAUcw&s=19

This was his debate counterprogramming.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

A lot of people will demand a speedy trial. He's doing it strategically because he doesn't think they could try him fast enough and hoping for dismissal on those grounds. As long as they start jury selection by the end of the year, this will fail. I have no doubt that Willis will start jury selection well within the timeline for all defendants. She's done it other RICO cases. One case right now has had jury selection ongoing for 8 months due to the number of defendants. I don't think it's going to take quite that long here, but it will still be a lengthy process.

In criminal law there aren't very many things that mandate immediate appeal. Most of the appellate work is post-conviction. This is true of interlocutory appeals in Georgia, as well. There isn't really much the defendants can do to slow things down if the prosecution wants to move forward.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Mr. Nice! posted:

A lot of people will demand a speedy trial. He's doing it strategically because he doesn't think they could try him fast enough and hoping for dismissal on those grounds. As long as they start jury selection by the end of the year, this will fail. I have no doubt that Willis will start jury selection well within the timeline for all defendants. She's done it other RICO cases. One case right now has had jury selection ongoing for 8 months due to the number of defendants. I don't think it's going to take quite that long here, but it will still be a lengthy process.

In criminal law there aren't very many things that mandate immediate appeal. Most of the appellate work is post-conviction. This is true of interlocutory appeals in Georgia, as well. There isn't really much the defendants can do to slow things down if the prosecution wants to move forward.

I've been texting friends who've done crim law in Georgia and they seem to think this is absolutely a bet that the Fulton DA bit off more than they can chew and forcing them to go fast will cause them to make mistakes or force a dismissal. Though their opinions vary on how good of a bet it is to take.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That makes sense now, thanks.

Edit:

Holy poo poo. That is the part of the interview that they kept?!? I thought this thing was pre-recorded. This was the best take?

ASAPI fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 24, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

This was his debate counterprogramming.

I swear Biden's people were just off-screen going NO, LET HIM COOK

I wonder where he got the 35k number from, since the American number is apparently 5855 and total deaths were somewhere around 25k. Apparently the overall "we gave away the panama canal" thing is standard republican boomer nonsense about how the treaty was bad or some poo poo. The equivalent of the "we should've kept the Iraqi oil" argument.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

facialimpediment posted:

I swear Biden's people were just off-screen going NO, LET HIM COOK

I wonder where he got the 35k number from, since the American number is apparently 5855 and total deaths were somewhere around 25k. Apparently the overall "we gave away the panama canal" thing is standard republican boomer nonsense about how the treaty was bad or some poo poo. The equivalent of the "we should've kept the Iraqi oil" argument.

5-12k deaths building the Panama Railway, and about 22k for the French try on the canal.
The US did 2 1/2 years of prep work before beginning the canal, including a huge amount of work (derided by many as 'the mosquito theory') reducing malaria and yellow fever by improved sanitation and eradicating mosquitos in the canal area.
Ironically, 1904 Trump would have been apoplectic at the 20 million on healthcare (including sanitation and mosquito control) for canal workers.
and a little bit of :negative: - while everyone got medical care, only white workers lived in the mosquito exclusion areas and had housing provided - black workers had to make do elsewhere.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1694790853741453551?t=yHnvQBHG2yag07sztPH7HQ&s=19

I believe Donnie's the last one in about four hours, though maybe Clark still needs his face time. I wonder how long it will take Trump HQ to start squiggling rat whiskers on this one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1694790853741453551?t=yHnvQBHG2yag07sztPH7HQ&s=19

I believe Donnie's the last one in about four hours, though maybe Clark still needs his face time. I wonder how long it will take Trump HQ to start squiggling rat whiskers on this one.

As of yesterday I thought only nine people had surrendered. There's still a few out there besides just Clark.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soylent Pudding posted:

I've been texting friends who've done crim law in Georgia and they seem to think this is absolutely a bet that the Fulton DA bit off more than they can chew and forcing them to go fast will cause them to make mistakes or force a dismissal. Though their opinions vary on how good of a bet it is to take.

It's definitely ambitious, but this is Fani's 13th RICO case as a DA. We'll see how it shakes out.

Trump has filed an opposition to Willis' trial schedule request, and says he's going to file a motion to sever from Cheesebro or anyone demanding a speedy trial.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 24, 2023

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I am really hoping that everyone continues to look out solely for their own best interests and we end up in the "both players lose" quadrant of the prisoner's dilemma.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

As of yesterday I thought only nine people had surrendered. There's still a few out there besides just Clark.

You might be right, Twitter's utterly unsearchable for all of them. If I recall right, they have until the end of tomorrow to surrender and get booked.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's definitely ambitious, but this is Fani's 13th RICO case as a DA. We'll see how it shakes out.

Trump has filed an opposition to Willis' trial schedule request, and says he's going to file a motion to sever from Cheesebro or anyone demanding a speedy trial.

Willis responded hilariously quick to the Meadows/Clark motions and the Meadows motion to sever, so it's possible they might even have plans for all the ways this thing could clusterfuck. And thankfully none of the removal motions stop the Georgia clocks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

You might be right, Twitter's utterly unsearchable for all of them. If I recall right, they have until the end of tomorrow to surrender and get booked.

Willis responded hilariously quick to the Meadows/Clark motions and the Meadows motion to sever, so it's possible they might even have plans for all the ways this thing could clusterfuck. And thankfully none of the removal motions stop the Georgia clocks.

The removals are their own little clusterfuck of hilarity. Also, Mark Meadows shot himself in the foot in his motion to dismiss. His lawyers added an additional section about how all of his actions are protected first amendment political speech that was not raised in his prior notice. This is an admission that his actions were outside the scope of his office which is necessarily apolitical.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trump's motorcade to the airport has a like 20 car motorcade complete with ambulance and paddywagon, and it's obnoxiously showy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's motorcade to the airport has a like 20 car motorcade complete with ambulance and paddywagon, and it's obnoxiously showy.

I'm pretty sure that the US doesn't pay for ex presidents to have motorcades, so that's all coming out of his campaign/grift fund to show everyone what a big important man Trump is.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1694808902351634767?s=20

What a waste of money with all those cops

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I'm pretty sure that the US doesn't pay for ex presidents to have motorcades, so that's all coming out of his campaign/grift fund to show everyone what a big important man Trump is.

Isn’t that up to the determination of the secret service?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn’t that up to the determination of the secret service?

Possibly, but wouldn't they have to get the funding and logistical support for a full on presidential motorcade? Besides, this didn't happen for Trump's federal arraignments.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
gently caress the police.

What a stupid loving clownshow to impress stupid loving clown people.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Lol that's every cop available pulling a paid detail.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Overtime is overtime

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Judge says trial (jury selection begins) November 3.

I'll note that this technically only applies to Chesebro.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 24, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Lol that's every cop available pulling a paid detail.

Still kind of blows me away you can buy cops to do random bullshit jobs

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tiny Timbs posted:

But that's their whole existence

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Offer only valid if you're rich or white enough.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Most cops can be bought if you’re willing to pay enough

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The indicted leader of Blacks for Trump did not successfully negotiate bail and will spend the night in jail per CNN.

If there's ever been a time where I'd encourage law enforcement to be exceedingly violent toward a criminal, it's when Fat Bastard arrives soon.

E- Blacks for Trump guy also apparently assaulted an FBI agent when being served in the Jan 6 case. Probably not a good idea.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 25, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
looking like us girthers aren't going to get his actual height/weight

https://twitter.com/laurenpeikoff/status/1694855918628876350

I believe wapo mentioned that it appears they're not taking actual measurements in booking

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

looking like us girthers aren't going to get his actual height/weight

https://twitter.com/laurenpeikoff/status/1694855918628876350

I believe wapo mentioned that it appears they're not taking actual measurements in booking

My dad is presently about 5'8" and weighs 215 lb and is skinnier than Trump.

In before "The RADICAL LEFT WOKE MEDIA thought I weighed 500 lbs! FAKE NEWS! I am in the BEST shape of anyone on the planet (many people have said this!) and am SVELT!"

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Mugshot
He looks loving FURIOUS
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1694860181136724321?s=61&t=CyLVWsWI7om-_XYOzzDU0Q

Might be fake sorry!

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 25, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stop, I can only get so erect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That's just his default "I am a serious and important person" face. His first Chain of Command photo had the exact same expression until he had it changed with his fake smile photo.