Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Holy crap Sea of Stars releases in less than a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone get Blasphemous 2 yet!

I played it a bit, sure seems like Blasphemous 2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I played it a bit, sure seems like Blasphemous 2

how’s it run on switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I didn't play it on Switch lol

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh I didn't play it on Switch lol

Lmao

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I wanna get Blasphemous 2 but I still didn't finish the latest DLC on one because NG+ slightly sucks but it's needed.

also I have Pikmin 4 and Xenoblade 2/3 and BG3 and other games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

okay never mind you guys were right vampire survivors owns

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Augus posted:

I don’t really get the hype for VS tbqh like its fun for an hour or two but I can’t imagine sticking with it to get all the unlocks and poo poo

Augus posted:

okay never mind you guys were right vampire survivors owns

this was my exact progression too. makes a weird first impression but once you get stuck in...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

this was my exact progression too. makes a weird first impression but once you get stuck in...

i'm pretty sure this is everyone's progression

"fine i'll play this dumb poo poo that looks bad. okay i've been playing for 4 hours now. gently caress this is actually really good"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I have gacha brain so vs immediately clicked for me, its pretty mindless fun

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Yeah I poo poo on VS a ton based on looks alone, but it’s a surprising good time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The thing that hooked me on VS were the later levels and the complete mystery as to whatever the hell was going on. The last couple levels and the end boss are particularly crazy.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone get Blasphemous 2 yet!

I did, seems to run just as good as the first one! It's so good, barely got to one of the main bosses and am getting my rear end kicked

The new weapons are rad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think the twitter leaker that said N64 news was gonna happen today lied. how dare they

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
has a twitter leaker ever been correct (legitimate question)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Computer posted:

has a twitter leaker ever been correct (legitimate question)

Yeah the trick was he posted every dumb rumor he could think of while on a private account, then deleted all the incorrect ones after the direct, then went off private so everybody could see he posted the whole thing two weeks ago

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Didn’t a well known leaker get a bunch of details of the last big Direct correct? Even emphasized the word WONDER

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hatty posted:

I think the twitter leaker that said N64 news was gonna happen today lied. how dare they

let's yank his teeth out one by one

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The only thing leaking related to leakers is all the brain juice and brainworm feces leaking out of their ears and scalps

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only leaker I trust was that stripper who had a NoA guy as her client but I think that well dried up when he caught on or got fired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kevyn posted:

Didn’t a well known leaker get a bunch of details of the last big Direct correct? Even emphasized the word WONDER

Yes, this guy. He got everything in the Direct and then some stuff after it. NSO release trailers usually drop during primetime in the US so we'll see if he's finally slipped up.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I hope they announce that they're removing games permanently because there's too many good games out right now

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Speak of the devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHhNyEQeio

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

[slowly sets down pliers]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress YES LOVE THIS GAME

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

INNER BEAST

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gotta admit. Wasn't expecting Powerthirst vibes from a trailer for Nintendo's online service.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sam Faust posted:

Gotta admit. Wasn't expecting Powerthirst vibes from a trailer for Nintendo's online service.

IMMORTAL DOG

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I approve of the period accurate trailer style to the point where I had to check they weren't doing it all in 4:3.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The original release had some good commercials

https://youtu.be/TiT0rd8rYzs?si=FO0s8yS5_ho2iUwr

https://youtu.be/G77DRV-uiXw?si=rm0Vn54Ga1Y2dHdm

https://youtu.be/5aMlnNpu_xo?si=9IMurFwE8k___2oH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The reason you know Pyoro is a good leaker is because he never predicts a Switch Pro or Zelda remaster.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Ok those are pretty awesome (better than the EXTREME!!! pastiche the NSO was going for but still decent) but I flinched at the box being crushed each time :(

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Your Computer posted:

i'm pretty sure this is everyone's progression

"fine i'll play this dumb poo poo that looks bad. okay i've been playing for 4 hours now. gently caress this is actually really good"
Not if your first impression of the game came via Splattercat checking it out. He had a good way of putting it into words right from the start. Got me hyped to pick it up just from seeing how much fun he had with it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

B33rChiller posted:

Not if your first impression of the game came via Splattercat checking it out. He had a good way of putting it into words right from the start. Got me hyped to pick it up just from seeing how much fun he had with it.

I went in totally blind.

After one minute: "this is...okay, very simple. Also stupid ."

After ten minutes: "okay fine but this is still stupid"

*next day*

"Okay these unlocks are pretty cool,maybe I'll try this character"

And now it's too late

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The Vampire Survivors dev used to work in the gambling industry, and I think it shows. The audiovisual experience in that game is an assault on the senses that keeps you hooked on trying to reach the next level up—or when you finish a run, on starting right back over, maybe with a different character on a different stage.

There may be a lot of auto-shooter survival games (or rear end games, as Jeff Gerstmann likes to put it) out there, but as VS demonstrates, there's a lot more psychology to it than just pure game mechanics, which is why it's so hard to recapture that magic in an imitator

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I think the enemy distribution and speed is also pretty well-tuned. Like you can escape from big traps if you've got a good weapon and a plan based around it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHERE IS QUEST 64

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

WHERE IS QUEST 64

In the garbage where it belongs. I always wanted to love that game but it was such a mess. Somehow I ended up doing more damage with my staff than spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Quest 64 sucks