Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this dew is for you brother...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao god he ruled

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that dude was doing the dumbest poo poo with the fiend gimmick and funhouse and he was selling a poo poo ton of merch from it too. god bless that man. i'll miss him

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

lmfao god he ruled

He was like if you put a Juggalo, a horror hound, a film student, and The Undertaker in a blender, and it's one of those combos that occasionally made you be like WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT but at the same time, when it was awesome it was like "I wish I could get in that dude's head because holy poo poo."

Legit don't think there's anyone in wrestling like he was.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8i9tNxqBV8

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

KungFu Grip posted:

that dude was doing the dumbest poo poo with the fiend gimmick and funhouse and he was selling a poo poo ton of merch from it too. god bless that man. i'll miss him

he was for zoomers and alphas their version of The Undertaker

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I was one of the only people here who always defended Bray. His character work was top notch and I even thought he was a good wrestler. He slammed the poo poo out of people. He was great and I was so hoping he'd show up in AEW one day.

I'm in shock. How is this real

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He was like if you put a Juggalo, a horror hound, a film student, and The Undertaker in a blender, and it's one of those combos that occasionally made you be like WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT but at the same time, when it was awesome it was like "I wish I could get in that dude's head because holy poo poo."

Legit don't think there's anyone in wrestling like he was.

although i kinda fell off from the whole Fiend gimmick pretty quick, at least the wwe let him try something different from the usual "bland guy with dumb-as-nails name" gimmick that they give most wrestlers Superstars™.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the hiac dq match was so bad that I heard about it despite not watching for years and led to discovering aew. so thanks Bray.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

I was one of the only people here who always defended Bray. His character work was top notch and I even thought he was a good wrestler. He slammed the poo poo out of people. He was great and I was so hoping he'd show up in AEW one day.

I was too. At least I'm not alone :unsmith:

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Ah Christ this is awful. Bray was one of my absolute favourites in the original family gimmick and even when the work got goofy he was always interesting at least. I was pulling for him to heal up and find a new rhythm that worked for him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alan_Shore posted:

When Vince fired him I thought it was only a very short matter of time before he'd show up in AEW and I was really excited since it seemed like an even better enviornment to be something special.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1694865077621359086?s=46

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

1glitch0 posted:

When Vince fired him I thought it was only a very short matter of time before he'd show up in AEW and I was really excited since it seemed like an even better enviornment to be something special.

still remember he hinted at a japan run by dropping a post with an Oni style mask but then nothing came of it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Covid loving sucks yall

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Oof. :(

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lame

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

drat, that's terrible

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

same thing that almost took keith lee from us. gently caress

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jesus loving Christ.

Take COVID seriously y’all. It’s still taking people from us

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's pretty much to the letter exactly what I thought.

I loving hate that I was right.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

goddamn that's terrible. He was way too young.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they loving wont but they should scrap their plan for smackdown and just do a tribute show

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

redbeard....... :(

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
gently caress man...he was 6 years younger than me :smith: nobody should die that soon, COVID loving sucks. Hope his family is gonna be ok.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Aw man. That’s a heartbreaker. Not too many dudes can get past an initial gimmick of being called “Husky Harris”, but that dude blew so past that with the Bray character that I still remember so many of the things he did just causing the sort of crowd roar WWE is almost entirely incapable of creating naturally anymore. The Wyatt Family/SHIELD face-off with the crowd so buzzed over it the loving cameras were shaking, his face-off with Bryan in the cage that ended up beginning the run to the top that proved that Bryan was The Guy, the incredible roar when he Sister Abigailed AJ to win the WWE title (seriously, the moment the pin is registered, you can tell he’s flashing back to watching his dad on TV and dreaming of being WWF champ, dude is emotional and that crowd is just supercharging all of it), and how good he could be with the small details that can be sometimes the best things about wrestling. And of all the things to do after apparently masterminding the most successful return/re-debut teases in what felt like a couple of decades for this poo poo-rear end company, the first image anyone saw as the tease became the return itself? A nod to his fallen friend. Which makes him a mensch. A genuine human being.

Man. And I’m barely older than he is.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

they loving wont but they should scrap their plan for smackdown and just do a tribute show

they just might if only for the purposes of trying to outdo the AEW Brodie Lee tribute show

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Absolutely terrible. Thank you bray for the matches and moments. God it hurts sometimes to love this wrestling business, it’s all joy and tragedy all the time. Praying for his family and friends.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rip

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

KungFu Grip posted:

They didn't acknowledge Umaga's death because they didn't like alerting people that wrestlers die young but I think Bray will get more than that

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

fez_machine posted:

they just might if only for the purposes of trying to outdo the AEW Brodie Lee tribute show
man don't think like this. wwe should do it because it's right, it's what their fans want, and that locker room is mourning heavily rn with few other outlets for their grief

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Come on, WWE sucks but there will absolutely be multiple, big, SINCERE tributes for Bray tomorrow. Probably many in AEW too.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bryan turning on the Wyatts is what got me back into rasslin since the attitude era ended

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I will never underestimate how craven and competitive WWE leadership is but you're right

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just the fuckin worst

nobody else like him in that company, whether it hit or missed and whether he won or lost, dude was unique. absolute tragedy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This was GOAT tier

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Wrestling’s Ed Wood. The Hell in a Cell with Rollins is our Plan 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Just the fuckin worst

nobody else like him in that company, whether it hit or missed and whether he won or lost, dude was unique. absolute tragedy

gently caress "in that company", the only person who's even on a similar wavelength that I can think of ANYWHERE is Malakai. And even then, not really. Malakai's brand is similar, but also kinda understated in comparison, for better and worse.