Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
This is absolutely hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

holy poo poo, he was only 36.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm actually somewhat loving heartbroken. 36 is tragically, absurdly young. And he was so goddamn talented and so goddamn wasted for his entire professional career. Incredibly creative, incredibly charismatic, never got a chance to be the superstar he could've been because his company wouldn't get out of his way and he wouldn't get out of the company.

Just absolutely awful on every level.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Legit stunned, saddened and heartbroken.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CapnAndy posted:

I'm actually somewhat loving heartbroken. 36 is tragically, absurdly young. And he was so goddamn talented and so goddamn wasted for his entire professional career. Incredibly creative, incredibly charismatic, never got a chance to be the superstar he could've been because his company wouldn't get out of his way and he wouldn't get out of the company.

Just absolutely awful on every level.

It's wild thinking that a multi-time world champion still felt like he hadn't reached his potential.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I don't see multiple Bray tribute spots at All In I'll be severely disappointed, but the question also becomes who does them?

I'd put some money on Mox doing one. Maybe Darby? Kenny seems like the kinda guy who probably would've loved how batshit Bray was, too.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I don't see multiple Bray tribute spots at All In I'll be severely disappointed, but the question also becomes who does them?

I'd put some money on Mox doing one. Maybe Darby? Kenny seems like the kinda guy who probably would've loved how batshit Bray was, too.

Juice Robinson goes all out and dresses like swamp cult leader Bray Wyatt

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
gently caress.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That's how I want to remember him. In a darkened arena, with the crowd holding up their cellphones to be his fireflies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNKPwe5wvE

Because when Bray Wyatt came in, you didn't cheer, and you didn't boo. Those reactions weren't good enough. He was something special.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shard posted:

This loving sucks. No one should die in their 30s.

And no parent should ever have to bury a child.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It somehow hits harder when it's someone younger than you. This is the first time I've really experienced that with someone I knew and enjoyed their work.

It's... Devastating.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Do we have any idea what the life threatening illness was?

Kirios posted:

It somehow hits harder when it's someone younger than you. This is the first time I've really experienced that with someone I knew and enjoyed their work.

It's... Devastating.

Dude, seriously. I just turned 42 and this one hits especially hard for me. It's the first time a wrestler younger than me that I knew and watched died (I wasn't familiar with Jay Briscoe's work before he passed.)

It's really a punch in the gut. Life is fragile.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 25, 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

apparently covid exacerbated some heart problems then today he had a heart attack

e: ^^^^ right there

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
edit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Edit: Removing redundant link.

loving COVID man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shard beat me to it but yeah I pretty much figured this entire time it was COVID and/or COVID-adjacent.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God that's just. Horrible.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Just awful news. I don't watch WWE but I always kind of liked what I heard about Wyatt. His match with Cena was really unique and interesting. You could tell he wanted to push the limits of the kinds of stories one could tell in wrestling. RIP.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

loving poo poo man......he was way too goddamn young.

gently caress, and this is exactly why I'm so adamant with my elderly parents why I keep getting the jab. Goddamnit he was such a creative person to be taken out like this....... :smith:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 25, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kinda of what i feared and it sucks (and I probably should get a check up myself cause things can come out of nowhere)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kinda of what i feared and it sucks (and I probably should get a check up myself cause things can come out of nowhere)

Call the first chance you get. There's no downside.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

gently caress, wasn't it just last week they were like "he's out of the woods and is preparing for his return?"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gently caress, wasn't it just last week they were like "he's out of the woods and is preparing for his return?"

Yes. And, COVID and heart issues, let alone both, be like that. It's sadly entirely plausible that they had every reason to believe that was 100% true.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did Smackdown do a 10 bell salute to start the show?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

what in the goddamn hell. why. what the gently caress.

sometimes the ideas didn't come out the way he probably thought but the guy had a mind on him. what a goddamn shame.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Did Smackdown do a 10 bell salute to start the show?

It’s tomorrow

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s tomorrow

I keep forgetting today is Thursday. Ugh.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. And, COVID and heart issues, let alone both, be like that. It's sadly entirely plausible that they had every reason to believe that was 100% true.

gently caress this world sometimes, man.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Punk will most definitely at least be wearing a BRAY armband, he is the guy who called him “an Abrams tank with a Ferrari engine” and was a big supporter of Bray when the gimmick was in NXT. Claudio will also probably work some Bray spots in, Jay will probably kiss the forehead of whoever he’s hitting with the Blade Runner during the GE/Cinnabang Gang match, and I can’t help but imagine Malakai and the HOB will work something into their costuming in honor of their fellow lore dork.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Cameo posted:

Punk will most definitely at least be wearing a BRAY armband, he is the guy who called him “an Abrams tank with a Ferrari engine” and was a big supporter of Bray when the gimmick was in NXT. Claudio will also probably work some Bray spots in, Jay will probably kiss the forehead of whoever he’s hitting with the Blade Runner during the GE/Cinnabang Gang match, and I can’t help but imagine Malakai and the HOB will work something into their costuming in honor of their fellow lore dork.

Mox maybe too seeing as he worked quite a bit with Bray during the Wyatt Family/Shield feud.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Cameo posted:

Oh my God I didn't even think of Jay. He might even dance with them first :unsmith:

If Jay did that it might legit make me cry because it'd also totally work in character for Jay since he's a smarmy, sleazy, grandstanding dickhead

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dude, seriously. I just turned 42 and this one hits especially hard for me. It's the first time a wrestler younger than me that I knew and watched died (I wasn't familiar with Jay Briscoe's work before he passed.)

It's really a punch in the gut. Life is fragile.

I'm 43 and seeing the dates for Bray being 1987 - 2023 feels so weird. No one born after Ghostbusters came out should be dying yet.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I didn’t include Mox because Foochs already mentioned him, but there’s like a 90% chance that Claudio and Mox will do a Wyatt Family double-team spot, didn’t Bray and Brodie do a spot where Bray did a running splash into the corner, toss the guy into Brodie, who’d do a spinning sidewalk slam? That seems perfect for them.

Of course that whole match being a Stadium Stampede kinda throws things into disarray, who knows how much actual time in front of a live crowd they’ll have.

Completely random “this would probably be far more frightening if he did it than when Bray did it”: Brodie King does the spider walk in tribute.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, I'm utterly shocked. Jesus Christ. Only 36.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

and with Sean Ross Sapp's report comes the wave of anti-vaxxers saying what they would probably say anyways eventually. Scumbags all of them.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Darby is gonna point and Stinger is gonna do a Stinger Splash on someone, just like that GIF of Bray & Roman :)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Jericho is gonna do something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qloZU-ZkmJ0

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/1694878113937674554

Okay if Jake the motherfuckin' Snake says that...I mean, c'mon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/1694878113937674554

Okay if Jake the motherfuckin' Snake says that...I mean, c'mon now.

There was some of Jake's mystique in Bray