Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

Also Tingyun to an extent

Yes and no. Tingyun wants attack, but she quickly reaches diminishing returns. Give her an attack chest, speed boots, def/hp orb and err rope and she's perfect.

Asta at e1 with her skill maxed has around a 230% multiplier, and she has crit in her traces. Building her with crit lets her put out a lot of damage with her skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It's no companion mission but here's some Qingque content scraps for her fans. I guess a couple other characters appear too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGfIPBz9XbQ

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh no the robot gentleman is becoming plpayable???

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i completely forgot who specifically i was building tingyun for, someone refresh my mind, would tingyun suit yanqing or kafka better? my current support setup is usually yanqing+bronya and kafka+asta with a floating silverwolf that swaps between the two

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
roughly how much jade does one accumulate in one patch? I'm considering trying to pull an eidolon for kafka, but 1.4 banners seem tasty.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Just started the mining event, and jfc why is this so long already.

They could have cut three layers out of the first section and that would have been fine-ish

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Revitalized posted:

roughly how much jade does one accumulate in one patch? I'm considering trying to pull an eidolon for kafka, but 1.4 banners seem tasty.

each patch is 6 weeks long and you usually get ~about~ a soft pity's worth of pulls within each patch duration. keep in mind this amount of pulls is how much you're expected to gain by the end of the patch so you won't be having all of these for the first banner up (dhil)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLmq8wFo7A

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1694168974714667444

You can now sign up for the PS5 technical test for those of you interested:

https://t.co/MLSqdcYdZt

Sign-ups are until the 28th, and the test starts on the 4th

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Farming relics for fireblazer, get nothing but perfect roll critc/critd/atk%/speed mainstats and substats, when literally all I want is def and some speed and maybe a bit of break effect (all the def and hp main/sub stats popped on the electric relic set pieces, naturally).

God I hate the desire sensor.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

sushibandit posted:

Farming relics for fireblazer, get nothing but perfect roll critc/critd/atk%/speed mainstats and substats, when literally all I want is def and some speed and maybe a bit of break effect (all the def and hp main/sub stats popped on the electric relic set pieces, naturally).

Save 'em for Topaz!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

sushibandit posted:

Do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBl8hUVILU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

sushibandit posted:

And Effect Hit Rate for the taunt, right?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've been farming nothing but the Fire/Imaginary cavern all week. I finally got a pair of speed boots for Hook. Now I need another set for Asta.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Captain France posted:

And Effect Hit Rate for the taunt, right?
E2 Silver Wolf never leaves my team if I can help it, so more EHR isn't really needed.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

I've been farming nothing but the Fire/Imaginary cavern all week. I finally got a pair of speed boots for Hook. Now I need another set for Asta.

Why the fire boots over Hackerspace?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Asta does a lot of damage if you build her as a subdps. Honestly similar to Fireblazer, I think the subdps, or main dps as that video does for a meme, are the best way to play those characters.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I've got my Asta wearing the set destined for Topaz (got it while farming for DanIL stuff) just so nothing accidentally happens to it in the interim. I should try out her DPS.

Pretty happy with the substats. They aren't perfect, but I got at least one to two attack or crit increases on every piece, and the non-DPS substats aren't awful either. (ignore the orb and rope, Topaz wants a different set than DanIL so those aren't farmed up yet)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Fu Xians, E2 being a copy of Bailu's talent, that when a character is under her skill buff, if they die, they can auto-revive one time in battle is just bonkers. gonna make SU10 more practical for me by lowering the margin of RNG error

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Why the fire boots over Hackerspace?

What Eimi said. Asta doesn't need to go faster, and she doesn't need to make others faster. She needs crit and attack so she can spam her skill every turn for a decent amount of damage while increasing everyone's attack and speed. At least for me.

Right now my Asta is on the break set until I can get her proper Fire gear.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

would going dps asta be recommended instead on a kafka team if i was mostly using her with maximized speed/energy regen to guarantee three turn ults

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I guess that really depends on what you want. DPS Asta takes a bit of investment. It's a build you do because it's fun and you want to. But you basically need to max her skill and give her the same relics as any dps, especially a crit chest and high crit rate and crit damage. Also, unless Asta is the one breaking enemies, she's not going to provide any dot for Kafka. Skill neutral Asta is probably better for Kafka, where she only uses her skill when she ults. And even that only matters if she's E2.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Like, this is dps Asta. It's not insane damage, and mine wouldn't even have that much support. But it's just a decent chunk extra, and I'm mostly building it because it's funny.

https://youtu.be/RXgh7cce5ow?si=SNJTaaAFFzctKXcL

Also, my main carry for Asta's team is Hook. I think dps Asta shines really well with a Fire team because with her major trace and Planetary Rendezvous, that's about 25% extra damage to most of the team. Asta included.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 23, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ObPAdZDbpw

As always when you went stuff dedicated to a 4* turn to Dreamy.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Futaba Anzu posted:

i completely forgot who specifically i was building tingyun for, someone refresh my mind, would tingyun suit yanqing or kafka better? my current support setup is usually yanqing+bronya and kafka+asta with a floating silverwolf that swaps between the two

Since Tingyun is generically great either of them can use her effectively, but Tingyun with Kafka specifically is her second-best Harmony pairing. You get a matching element for break, the Skill-Auto-Auto pattern means Tingyun procs Kafka's followup a lot, and the boatload of attack makes Kafka's DoTs hit hard. I think Asta is probably slightly better for teams that are doing the Kafka/(4* DoT character)/Harmony/Healer setup, but it's close enough that it doesn't really matter.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ObPAdZDbpw

As always when you went stuff dedicated to a 4* turn to Dreamy.

Very true, I just find Artumbo funny. I saw Dreamy's video, too. I think I've posted it before.

I disagree that e4 is a necessity. I understand the reasoning, but e4 doesn't really increase her damage. Just her ult uptime. At e4, you want to spam her skill whether she's dps or not because of the energy regen.

E1, technically e2 and e6, are the ones that increase/sustain Asta's damage. Of those, I would say e1 is the most impactful, though e2 definitely helps.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 23, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wodin posted:

Since Tingyun is generically great either of them can use her effectively, but Tingyun with Kafka specifically is her second-best Harmony pairing. You get a matching element for break, the Skill-Auto-Auto pattern means Tingyun procs Kafka's followup a lot, and the boatload of attack makes Kafka's DoTs hit hard. I think Asta is probably slightly better for teams that are doing the Kafka/(4* DoT character)/Harmony/Healer setup, but it's close enough that it doesn't really matter.

I would say that if 1 team remains Kafka and the other Yanqing, Yanqing benefits more from Tingyun over Asta.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just pulled Gepard E1, and after farming for the def relics to build him up, somehow got a effect hit rate chest.

Now I'm kinda feeling like I ought to get him some speed and see if I can make him into Mr. Freeze. Already have a ERR rope on the belbog set so he should be able to crank out the shields just fine while freezing everything

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Double ERR ropes drop

how blessed

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Walla posted:

I would say that if 1 team remains Kafka and the other Yanqing, Yanqing benefits more from Tingyun over Asta.

yeah and i'll admit the root of the question was for a very mundane question of whether i stuck keel or ageless on her lol, i came to the decision she'd fit more on the yanqing team so keel it is

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I am going feral waiting for a Sizzling Thunder crit rate chestpiece to drop for my Jing Yuan, I've done that cavern of corrosion 3 times every day during this event and yet I continue to have never gotten one to drop in my entire Honkai tenure

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I got 30 stars in MoC for the first time! The buff was a lot more useful for me than the previous set. Also I've gotten a lot of upgrades from the double relic event.

I had to retry the last one a few times because Pela kept dying.

I mostly used these teams, occasionally swapping Pela and Silver Wolf. I also used Yanqing instead of Serval for some, depending on weaknesses.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just found out who the rate up 4*s are going to be on the 1.4 banners and I

LITERALLY

peed my pants in excitement

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Yeah I've been saving since SW and will be unloading on both 1.4 banners.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I went through my relics and locked any of the right set/mainstat that could potentially be an upgrade for my current crew or characters who I'll be leveling soon. I recycled everything else.

I have kept 25 relics that are not currently equipped. This got me enough materials to synthesize 18 new relics, which I used for ones I didn't want to farm (like if I only needed one slot/set/main stat combo from the entire set of potential drops). It took a little while but should be very easy to maintain from now on.

I got 3 relics I was aiming for, and my inventory is so much nicer. Highly recommend.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

more for blade

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Only 5900 HP? Pssh.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
While you were having premarital sex, I leveled the blade

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 25, 2023

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Man, this Kafka banner just HATES me.

Was at about ~60 pulls in on soft pity when it started, and lost the 50/50 at 82 to Bronya. Okay, no worries, I knew I'd have enough over the rest of the banner to reach hard pity.

Which I am now nearing at *87* pulls in. I'm wondering if this is the universe telling me that I don't want the cyberpunk esque razor girl and instead should be getting, I dunno, Imagine Dragon Dan.

All this is a roundabout way to getting to say I'm finally getting to the treasure hunting event as that's where a good stash of untapped jades lies, and boy is it a slog. The little nuke bombs are the best part about it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

230/300

still unsure on if I'll pick Clara or Bailu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

not really interested in these, other than the trash can

Only registered members can see post attachments!