Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Why would Trump, a bajillionaire, pay a bondman 10% = $20k to make bail? Why not just pay the $200k and get it back when you report for court? (he's running)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I'm surprised he didn't smile. C'mon Donny, give us a big tooth poo poo-eating grin! :downs:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

E: double post

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Uglycat posted:

You can see my dick on youtube.

Strangely proud of that fact.

I was skeptical until I saw the username and then immediately thought "yeah that checks out"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OgNar posted:

Trump needs to produce a girth certificate.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Macrame_God posted:

I'm surprised he didn't smile. C'mon Donny, give us a big tooth poo poo-eating grin! :downs:

First thing I did when the mugshot dropped was start loving around with it in FaceApp

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ummel posted:

Why would Trump, a bajillionaire, pay a bondman 10% = $20k to make bail? Why not just pay the $200k and get it back when you report for court? (he's running)

I've been told he would need to put up to collateral, so this may be in the general area of an illegal bribe or sketchy campaign fund usage in cooperation with whichever shady bail bondsman

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

OgNar posted:

:vince:
This can’t be buried on the previous page.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Youremother posted:

First thing I did when the mugshot dropped was start loving around with it in FaceApp

Well now he just looks rapey, which for him, I suppose, tracks.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I've been told he would need to put up to collateral, so this may be in the general area of an illegal bribe or sketchy campaign fund usage in cooperation with whichever shady bail bondsman

Any property that Trump does own is worth way more than 200k. Would he be allowed to put up X% of a building as a collateral?

Also, maybe he didn't want to put it all up because he thinks he might have to run.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Looks to me like he’s about to bawl. Quivering lip and red eyes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
That mug shot was for his die hard cultists. He is trying to look strong and imposing and ready to take on the whole corrupt system because dammit that is what they expect of him. Seriously he was probably practicing that look for a whole week.
Also nice to know they let you pick whatever weight you want on the form.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
He went to a bail bondsman because he's cheap. Why pay 200k when he can pay 20k plus some extra.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Trump gonna try to convince the bail bondsman to fit the bill by exposure I bet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OgNar posted:

Obviously a long form girth certificate is required for this.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Gyges posted:

Obviously a long form girth certificate is required for this.

*wide form

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Am I understanding right that tromp paid a dumbfuck $20k, who then went around and paid the jail $200k? I mean I guess they’ll eventually get the $200k back cause it’s like a deposit but the master businessman will be out $20k+ forever?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

6 foot 3, 215 pounds

glad he's been exercising and losing weight since his presidency

I’m close to 6’3”, 225 lbs.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qgZslFx

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1694886846050771321?s=20

Well that's definitely the real one.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How to bail bondsman work anyways? Is it "just" that they pay the full bail amount and pocket the 10% deposit because they get the full amount back when the person appears in court, so they come out 10% richer, or is there more to it than that?

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

How to bail bondsman work anyways? Is it "just" that they pay the full bail amount and pocket the 10% deposit because they get the full amount back when the person appears in court, so they come out 10% richer, or is there more to it than that?

That was my understanding. That the 10% is forfeited to the bondsman as interest on the bail loan, basically. If you skip bail, they can send the bounty hunters after you and turn you in for the bail from the government.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

VideoGameVet posted:

I spent the time to doublecheck a "don't be modest, you're 358 from inauguration" before I even noticed you included units, drat it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Randalor posted:

That's it. They also serve as a guarantee that their client will show up for trial so they can get their money back.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Randalor posted:

More or less!

I'm not sure if I should be surprised that he did a bond over just paying bail himself, especially if he ends up just not paying it anyway.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Youremother posted:

Oh cool you made The Smiler

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

VideoGameVet posted:

Yeah, I’m 6’3” 225 and if I looked like His Trumpness I would be even more self-conscious.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
lol Trump was trying to do the you're fired look from the Apprentice, who thought that was a good idea

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also a side note I'm 5'5" 215lbs and I look better than Trump does despite him allegedly having 10 inches of height on me at the same weight. gently caress Trump and his insecurities, and gently caress whoever thought it was ok to let him self-report his vital statistics. Stop handling rich criminals with kid gloves.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

HE HAS RISEN

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
A smart politician would've smiled, so his mugshot wouldn't be attack ad bait. He's even got that obnoxious, obviously-fake cat smile he does when he wants to piss people off, he could've done that, it would've been red meat to the cultists.

Thank God he's not smart. "Okay, Donald, yeah, eyes down, really let that shadow hit your face, we're going for the Full Beelzebub here, yes baby that's it, snap it"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ummel posted:

That was my understanding. That the 10% is forfeited to the bondsman as interest on the bail loan, basically. If you skip bail, they can send the bounty hunters after you and turn you in for the bail from the government.

Gonna be one hell of an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gyges posted:

Gonna be one hell of an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Bounty hunted like a dog

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Trump Legal Troubles: Produce the wide-form girth certificate!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Ha ha wouldn't it be funny if I got on my golden plane and flew to Russia? Lol just joking. unless..."

Not gonna lie, I got a Sensible Chuckle out of the notion of Trump wearing the Groucho nose/glasses.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ummel posted:

Trump is notoriously cheap and constantly underpays or refuses to pay on things. The guy doesn't even pay his own lawyers, of course he's gonna take the cheap option here.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

He's going to try and get the $200k returned directly to him.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
Hmmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
'I learned it from you, dad.'
Or maybe his dad didnt tell him about getting busted at a Klan rally.

https://twitter.com/GrahamVyse/status/1694894772090032540

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trump and others are moving to severe their trail from Chesbro's, but how does that work with a RICO trial? If Chesbro gets convicted before them, aren't they screwed when they come to trial?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-trial-date-fulton-county-georgia-fani-willis-proposal-october-23/

quote:

A Georgia judge on Thursday signed off on a quick turnaround to the start of the trial for Kenneth Chesebro, one of 18 defendants charged alongside former President Donald Trump in connection with alleged efforts to overturn the state's 2020 election results.

The ruling, scheduling an Oct. 23 start to Chesebro's trial, came just after Trump's newly appointed attorney said he would move to sever the former president's case from Chesebro or any other defendant who sought an expedited timeline.

Earlier Thursday, Fani Willis, the district attorney in Fulton County, Georgia, asked Judge Scott McAfee to set Oct. 23 as the start of the trial for all defendants. Her office's request came after Chesebro had demanded a speedy trial, which under Georgia law gave Willis' office until the end of October to begin the case.

Willis previously proposed that the trial should start for all 19 defendants on March 4, 2024.

McAfee approved the Oct. 23 trial date for Chesebro only, specifying that the accelerated timeline for the trial and pretrial proceedings "do[es] not apply to any co-defendant."

The Oct. 23 date was sure to elicit pushback from more defendants given the complexity of the case and the mountains of evidence that defense teams are entitled to review before any trial begins. In each of the three other cases in which Trump faces charges, his attorneys have asked for trials to be delayed beyond the presidential election next November.

It's unclear when McAfee might decide on a trial schedule for the remaining defendants.

Chesebro, an attorney who supported Trump, filed a "demand for speedy trial" on Aug. 23.

"Without waiving any objection as to the sufficiency of defendant Kenneth John Chesebro's filing, the state requests that this court specifically set the trial in this case to commence on October 23, 2023," Willis wrote in response.

Scott Grubman, an attorney for Chesebro, said in a statement that his client "will be prepared to move forward with trial for whatever date the Court ultimately sets." In an earlier statement, Grubman said Chesebro "maintains his innocence and remains confident as the legal process continues."

Trump and 18 of his associates were indicted on racketeering, election fraud and other charges last week related to alleged attempts to overturn the state's 2020 election results.

The new proposed trial date comes as defendants in the case, including former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, continue to turn themselves in ahead of a noon Friday deadline to surrender. Trump is expected to arrive in Fulton County for processing on Thursday evening and has denied all wrongdoing. Giuliani has also maintained his innocence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dog the Bounty Hunter Bidens Laptop From Hell