Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Anamnesis Anyder is explicitly not part of Emet's toy city and it survived intact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Man, I really need to just blitz the Elpis quests already, way too much lore in those

Also they're just fun in general

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

me, whenever a shark: waow! sugoi

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:same:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Runa posted:

me, whenever a shark: waow! sugoi

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Man, I really need to just blitz the Elpis quests already, way too much lore in those

Having just done so, yes, they're quite nice.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I just cleared out Lakeland in the process of leveling Dancer, and I now feel like an idiot for just powering through the MSQ/blue quests and not stopping to do the yellow sidequests as I went.

At what point did these actually start having interesting subplots? Heavensward?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Like I mentioned in the newbie thread earlier, I liked the Coerthas sidequests in ARR and think of that as the point where the sidequest writing starts to get good? ARR is such a mixed bag, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yeah, there's some good ones even in ARR, but I think HW is the point where you start getting whole storylines that are worth their salt in the yellow quests.

HW has The Boy and the Dragon Gay questline, which feels like the turning point there.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I wish you could new game + all yellow quests. I've forgotten a lot of them and if I play through the story with NG+ they stay done. A whole new character is the only answer to that but...all my glams

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just did the Omega follow up quests in Endwalker. Nice to see Alpha again, nice to see Omega still alive, kind of bored at how much time they took to say 'beep boop robot cannot understand emotion but maybe someday will?'

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I want to stuff it into my bag and take it to the recreation area from the maxed tribe

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Speaking of which, I just started the loporrit tribal quests.

A) I do not know what I would be doing but running a bunny night club is not it.

B) I would like moon housing yesterday please.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Honestly, yeah, it would be great if the EW alliance tribal somehow involved Omega getting to see the UT Omicrons and their beginnings of growth as a culture. I don't think they'll do it since they don't want to cross over optional quest lines like that, but I think it'd be a good moment.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Honestly, yeah, it would be great if the EW alliance tribal somehow involved Omega getting to see the UT Omicrons and their beginnings of growth as a culture. I don't think they'll do it since they don't want to cross over optional quest lines like that, but I think it'd be a good moment.

It's what I thought I was going to do when I saw that quest, honestly.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Once Y'shtola gets the portal to the First up and running that better mean we get Crystarium housing :toughguy:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I want get Omega a new, depowered body and go around with it and Zero and teach them how to be heroes. And how to get drunk on the beach. Omega should switch genders every time the camera cuts away but no one ever says anything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Spuzzz posted:

I want get Omega a new, depowered body and go around with it and Zero and teach them how to be heroes. And how to get drunk on the beach. Omega should switch genders every time the camera cuts away but no one ever says anything.

Only if one of the 'genders' is their tiny robot body.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Bring in the inspector from the HW Hildi (?) and just have him notice once, then go along with it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Antivehicular posted:

Maybe add it in as an extra scene if you finished the questline?

Hope the rear end in a top hat Mi'qote come backs and the finale is just a spoof of the final Zenos fight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Maybe add it in as an extra scene if you finished the questline?

Hope the rear end in a top hat Mi'qote come backs and the finale is just a spoof of the final Zenos fight.

They set up for the dramatic standoff, only for both of you to get abruptly run over by drag-racing hippo carts.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cleretic posted:

They set up for the dramatic standoff, only for both of you to get abruptly run over by drag-racing hippo carts.

"A TEST OF YOUR REFL*gets ran over by hippo carts*

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I would also accept just punching him, ala the Zenos punch, except that one punch knocks him flat on his rear end and/or flying into space

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We've still never actually fought him ourselves and if he returns I hope that continues.
One of the only recurring antagonists who doesn't realize who he's messing with because he keeps getting trounced by allied tribes.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Fall Guys collab has started (at least on the Fall Guys side of things)

"Reflex Test" would be the perfect concept for a final stage, though they probably won't use it for spoiler reason.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Like the Zenos punch but it's a Loporrit KO'ing the catboy

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

fall guys limit cut mechanic when

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I was going to ask which FFXIV fight should just turn up as a Fall Guys round, and then I realized that there's no question, it's Zodiark.

If you wanted to go more spoiler-free Leviathan EX is a good option, but Zodiark's just a sequence of Mario Party minigames, he's perfect.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Cleretic posted:

I was going to ask which FFXIV fight should just turn up as a Fall Guys round, and then I realized that there's no question, it's Zodiark.

If you wanted to go more spoiler-free Leviathan EX is a good option, but Zodiark's just a sequence of Mario Party minigames, he's perfect.

It would be amazing if they did a very true to FFXIV rendition of Zodiark and had him moving platforms around for the sake of a weird puffy costume character game.

"Behold my unlimited power!" shifts platform such that you fall off and are eliminated.

Edit: It would also be funny if Fall Guys Zodiark was just a very large Fall Guys character in an appropriately colored costume.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

bobtheconqueror posted:

It would be amazing if they did a very true to FFXIV rendition of Zodiark and had him moving platforms around for the sake of a weird puffy costume character game.

"Behold my unlimited power!" shifts platform such that you fall off and are eliminated.

Edit: It would also be funny if Fall Guys Zodiark was just a very large Fall Guys character in an appropriately colored costume.

Fall guys Fandaniel is normal sized but the Zodiark costume is extremely large.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't mean to be a wet blanket but am the only one that finds the EW 24man storyline tremendously loving boring?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but am the only one that finds the EW 24man storyline tremendously loving boring?

Yes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I would love to know what you find so interesting about them because I find myself struggling to give a poo poo about anything happening in this story.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like punching gods and hope to find out what their deal is

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
no, you aren't the only one. it's extremely non-impactful, like how MSQ feels like a little bit of content stretched too far out. it just exists to cover up some of the last remaining plot threads from 1.0/ARR. this is the major issue with EW, it feels off when something exists just to resolve stuff from before they had a handle on what the major story beats were.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 25, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I would love to know what you find so interesting about them because I find myself struggling to give a poo poo about anything happening in this story.

It's a neat look into the religion and history of the major areas in the game bookended by cool fights against bombastic gods.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

The interactions with the Gods is fun. Primarily how they behave in their fights but the out of combat stuff has been fine. Very greek gods. Is it amazing content in the grand scope of ff14? Kinda yes actually, it's top tier in terms of fight mechanics and presentation backing up what the fight is. The out of combat narrative is just kinda fine but that's the 24 man alliance raids baby, none of them have stories worth a poo poo. And even in that smelly pit of mid stories, this still rises to the top fairly handily so far.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 25, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like the idea of it but boy was the followup quest where moon lady follows you around in minion form lame. I'll take any excuse to pal around with Krile and graha though

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

I like punching gods and hope to find out what their deal is

I'd love for there to be some reveals in the 3rd act that really mix things up, but I don't see that happening. They seem to be lingering on the whole "ooooh what is Deryk's mystery?!?!?!!?" but I just don't care.

ImpAtom posted:

It's a neat look into the religion and history of the major areas in the game bookended by cool fights against bombastic gods.

I think the fights are lame.

We've been fighting the Twelve in this fantasy realm that might as well be a simulation and it feels like the most inconsequential thing with no bearing on anything.

Idk. I don't feel like anything interesting has happened into the story and "Oh the 12 are Venat's collaborators" was like the biggest theory for years anyway.

This must have been how some people felt during the NieR raids because I loving loved those and I saw plenty of people complain about those.

When it comes to the Alliance Raids, it's interesting because my ratings are slightly different based on the story vs the gameplay.

Story:
ShB > ARR > HW > EW > StB (only due to excessive wordiness)

Gameplay:
ShB/StB > EW > HW > ARR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, the AR plot actually being about the FF14 setting for the first time since Heavensward is doing a lot of heavy lifting for me.