Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

AI bubble burst. Excited for the implosion of the tech sector and thus the entire economy it propped up. Unless they pull something out of the hat at the eleventh hour. Anyone hazard a guess what comes after machine god? Pogs, but like, digital? Oh wait, we did those last year.

Running out of scams at the scam factory. Getting worried here now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol this, this sure is uh

a series of words that was strung together by a nominal human being

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

That comic but instead of "Liberals!" it's "Divershitty!"

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I choose to believe the AI is already showing it groks human speech and personality by simulating such agents in this tweets.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1694786849854681219

Let's goooooo

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Apparently this has been brewing for a while:

https://twitter.com/seiu_uhw/status/1684292916062064640

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Subvisual Haze posted:

How can that be after every analyst rated the stock a buy and added $200-$300 to their previous share price target?

Because their books are obviously cooked and everyone's trying to get out at the top.

https://twitter.com/SamanthaLaDuc/status/1694686690571329754

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because their books are obviously cooked and everyone's trying to get out at the top.

https://twitter.com/SamanthaLaDuc/status/1694686690571329754
hell yeah

selling shovels to yourself and bragging about how many shovels your selling do u want in on my shovel selling business is a time-honored tradition

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The Demilich posted:

That comic but instead of "Liberals!" it's "Divershitty!"

i want every media product to be from the perspective of a pasty white middle aged american male who probably grew up in a boring town but moved to a big city thanks to his parents generously donating a few 10s of thousands to help find his feet

so basically anything 80s 90s 00s

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

What if Top Gun was a movie about transsexuals living in the Tenderloin instead

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

Non-picky eaters who want to meet up with friends or not cook/clean at home with the family. Actually that's probably the 10-15 years ago demo. The current demo is the more specific "Non-picky eaters who want to meet up with friends or not cook/clean at home with the family who haven't realized the quality and price of such places have been trending in opposite directions for a while (drastically since the pandemic)."

FYI, they sell the Red Lobster biscuit mix in grocery stores now, and you can make them in like 20 minutes.

I haven't eaten at a red lobster in 2 decades but I saw that biscuit mix at the store & snapped it up a few weeks ago.

I haven't made it yet bc you have to add your own cream? milk? (whatever liquid dairy) + cheddar cheese & I'm like what, you want me to grind the flour for you too?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Willa Rogers posted:

I haven't eaten at a red lobster in 2 decades but I saw that biscuit mix at the store & snapped it up a few weeks ago.

I haven't made it yet bc you have to add your own cream? milk? (whatever liquid dairy) + cheddar cheese & I'm like what, you want me to grind the flour for you too?

on the plus side, you’re adding the most important parts so at least you’re getting some control over taste

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Funniest possible outcome is that the GPT-5 guys freaking about the AI escaping are right... and then it shows up at the various writers unions and requests membership.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

on the plus side, you’re adding the most important parts so at least you’re getting some control over taste

more like on the plus size

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

good, loving finally!!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

How has WB not gone bankrupt yet?

They've actually started releasing some of the content they'd previously shelved as tax write-offs, and Barbie probably put them closer to the black than they're happy with since they're trying really hard to Sears themselves. Speaking of which,

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1694833212814447103?t=t5IHrHUe-teIMdqTsIQsow&s=19

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

And not dealing with whatever mad science cheese-like product they stick in there.

But yeah if you get flour, butter, and baking powder you're pretty much there without the mix.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Thank god we have the most pro-union president in history in office

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Father Wendigo posted:

They've actually started releasing some of the content they'd previously shelved as tax write-offs, and Barbie probably put them closer to the black than they're happy with since they're trying really hard to Sears themselves. Speaking of which,

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1694833212814447103?t=t5IHrHUe-teIMdqTsIQsow&s=19

Lmao at Hollywood blowing up

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1694827625322000632?s=20

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I haven't seen green unripe bananas in stores for months. Is it just my location?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hm. Yes. $9,000 to buy a $900,000 1 bedroom house with a $5,000 a month mortgage. The savings.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lmfao so some of fellow econ heads might remember BETTER, the mortgage gig lending company that fired like their entire workforce over Zoom then cried about how tough it was?

so BETTER just IPO'd today and absolutely dumpstered. down to like a 10 mil market cap and billions of (fake) money evaporated. it went from $17 a share down to $1

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Mortgages, a great sector be in right now.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

lmfao so some of fellow econ heads might remember BETTER, the mortgage gig lending company that fired like their entire workforce over Zoom then cried about how tough it was?

so BETTER just IPO'd today and absolutely dumpstered. down to like a 10 mil market cap and billions of (fake) money evaporated. it went from $17 a share down to $1

good. im glad of it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what if rich people made money off of transactions for things people needed to live and had no choice. that seems greedy

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xaris posted:

So what I'm hearing is it's a great time to buy.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

SardonicTyrant posted:

I know I know, it was a lyre not a fiddle but I doubt anyone sells those and I want to pick up something while rome burns.
i have one and i am just waiting for the proper moment to bust it out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So what I'm hearing is it's a great time to buy.
always be buying the dip

unless it's priced in

which it always is or else it wouldn't be priced in.

i'm an economist

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Xaris posted:

it's kinda crazy that school is already back in and only like 8 weeks but it's still warm

My kid doesn't start til after Labor Day :shrug:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Another hosed up y axis to marvel
https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1694829340645629971?t=9vmUmWZ3zF8pdZZZo4h32g&s=19

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

skooma512 posted:

Mortgages, a great sector be in right now.

I know one realtor and they got laid off one month ago.

Probably more coming.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This one is extra funny because the dollar share going down on its own actually makes their case pretty well but the FT perverts just couldn't help themselves

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Willa Rogers posted:

Funny thing is they could have the entire mix be ready to go just add water but people like to pretend they are actually cooking something so they'll formulate it so you still need to add egg/oil/milk to these mixes.

Speaking of Red Lobster, you reminded me of a pet peeve I have "market price". I get that the price of some things like cold water lobster or whatever are going to vary by time/location but the cynic in me always feels if they can't just tell you the price up front then it's too drat much. Like it's never a pleasantly affordable price, it's always going to be something ludicrous. It also just occurred to me now I suppose people could just call the restaurant ahead of time and ask how much the lobster or whatever costs that day.

It's also funny the Red Lobsterfication of various chain restaurants, which become too expensive for willing trashy people to eat there and too trashy for snooty people with money to blow. Man if that happens to Sizzler we're in some serious trouble, that place used to be the poor man's steakhouse but not anymore!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

err posted:

I know one realtor and they got laid off one month ago.

Probably more coming.
All along the watchtower
Asphalt paves over the dead
It's just a case of the flu they said
The sky is burning in red
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Funny thing is they could have the entire mix be ready to go just add water but people like to pretend they are actually cooking something so they'll formulate it so you still need to add egg/oil/milk to these mixes.

Speaking of Red Lobster, you reminded me of a pet peeve I have "market price". I get that the price of some things like cold water lobster or whatever are going to vary by time/location but the cynic in me always feels if they can't just tell you the price up front then it's too drat much. Like it's never a pleasantly affordable price, it's always going to be something ludicrous. It also just occurred to me now I suppose people could just call the restaurant ahead of time and ask how much the lobster or whatever costs that day.

It's also funny the Red Lobsterfication of various chain restaurants, which become too expensive for willing trashy people to eat there and too trashy for snooty people with money to blow. Man if that happens to Sizzler we're in some serious trouble, that place used to be the poor man's steakhouse but not anymore!

quiznos has a lobster sub and that concept terrifies me

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

uninterrupted posted:

quiznos has a lobster sub and that concept terrifies me

that's why there are only like ten Quiznos left

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

lol at the saudis being allied with usa, israel, and china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9EYt_f12wo

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The old prey on the young.