Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I hated all the text box shaking and scene flashing in murder by numbers. It gave me a migraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Free epic games I've beaten are Metro 2033, Metro Lastlight, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, Prey and Evoland Legendary Edition. I think that's all that I've beaten, played a few more. Have around 160 games total in the library and have only ever bought one from them. That was Metro Exodus gold edition, which cost $5.70.

I'm an abomination.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
There are a few games I got for free on epic after having beaten them on other platforms.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I "beat" Conarium (walked in a straight line from one end of the game to the other) and my son played enough of the Lego Batman games that I'll consider them beaten. He sure as hell beat the drat controller!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

VegasGoat posted:

Which game? Genuinely curious which one was interesting enough to start playing, and then keep playing until the end.

Paradigm. I thought a puzzle might require translating Cyrillic letters to English and there was a keyboard with keys labeled in both languages in another room.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The secret to Epic games store is not owning a gaming PC. Then you can claim everything free and never feel tempted to play them.

Checkmate Epic games.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you can play them on geforce now!

speaking of which, Black Book and Dodo Peak are up on epic

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak next

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Aragosta posted:

Free epic games I've beaten are Metro 2033, Metro Lastlight, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, Prey and Evoland Legendary Edition. I think that's all that I've beaten, played a few more. Have around 160 games total in the library and have only ever bought one from them. That was Metro Exodus gold edition, which cost $5.70.

I'm an abomination.

SHAME!

Zushio
May 8, 2008

repiv posted:

you can play them on geforce now!

Feeling very seen with this statement.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zushio posted:

Feeling very seen with this statement.

:same:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

oh hey speaking of which is new games day on gfn!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Quake 4 on GoG
NTVP791AD2A5F8E4BC
https://www.gog.com/redeem

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i got pretty far in murder by numbers until i realized i absolutely hated the writing so i just found one of the many regular picross games instead.

I got Murder by Numbers in a bundle and was like "wow this is so loving stupid I absolutely need to see where it goes" then it ended up being way WAY longer than I bargained on and I got tired of doing picross so I never found out

and now enough time passed that I don't remember what was happening to pick it back up argh

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OgNar posted:

Quake 4 on GoG
NTVP791AD2A5F8E4BC
https://www.gog.com/redeem
I tried to redeem but it's gone, rip

thanks anyway

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

flesh dance posted:

I got Murder by Numbers in a bundle and was like "wow this is so loving stupid I absolutely need to see where it goes" then it ended up being way WAY longer than I bargained on and I got tired of doing picross so I never found out

and now enough time passed that I don't remember what was happening to pick it back up argh

robot enables a woman's midlife crisis.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I'm about 3/4 of the way through Murder By Numbers, and the worst thing I can say about it is that it took them until the third of four cases to write a shallow but entertaining mystery where everyone involved wasn't weirdly annoying.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

BGrifter posted:

The secret to Epic games store is not owning a gaming PC. Then you can claim everything free and never feel tempted to play them.

Checkmate Epic games.

Unfortunately GeforceNow exists.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MikusR posted:

Unfortunately GeforceNow exists.

Fortunately I always buy AMD.

Unless RadeonNow exists. Then I’m really in trouble.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone can use GeForceNow, even intel graphics-havers

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Anyone can use GeForceNow, even intel graphics-havers

Even Apple havers, which is likely why i won't refresh my gaming rig after this one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Next week's free Epic game is Cave Story+, which I think is a new one

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I've got it in my library, so not a new one, but it's probably been a while since it was given away.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

So much good and awesome in that game, and so much stuff that drives me bonkers. One of the first (if not THE first) attempt of an Indy developer to make a Metroidvania though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The original Cave Story was pretty much the first big success of the modern age of indie game development

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A fantastic game, I still have the music stuck in my brain occasionally and played through it many times.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the cave story music occupies the same space in my head that classic mario and SNES music does. incredible game.

also, every video game should have at least one highly unintuitive path that leads to descending into hell and fighting the great evil that has secretly been the prime mover of the plot this whole time

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
homeworld deserts of kharak is free on egs right now

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Warsaw Rising is free on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1026420/WARSAW_RISING_City_of_Heroes/

It's Darkest Dungeon but WW2 Polish resistance, somehow. There's also some drama in the reviews, like the Devs removed strategy part and left just the cutscenes before making it free?.. I don't know.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It used to be sort of an Xcom light campaign game. But its a game about the Warsaw Uprising so no matter how well you did you could only lose slower. It makes a lot of sense to me to just cut that layer out and have the missions happen sequentially. But I haven't played the new version.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

According to some of the reviews its now just a visual novel.
But you can go back and play it if you switch it to beta or a previous version.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
GOG is giving away Hero of the Kingdom 2 to kick off their Autumn sale.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

The Kins posted:

This and the first game were a lot of fun to play.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

The Kins posted:

The screenshots looked like an RPG, but this is a hidden object/puzzle game?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's got some HOG and puzzle elements, but at its heart it's actually a pretty unique casual progression game. Sort of like Anno-esque supply chain stuff but super pared down and done manually and with no real failure state.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Note that you will probably want to go to your account settings after claiming this one - gog used to simply sign you up for their newsletter when you claimed free poo poo, now it also signs you up for their affiliates.

quote:

Marketing communications through Trusted Partners’ services: We will use our Trusted Partners services (such as Google Ads and Meta ads - see the list and more details here) to send you marketing communications about cool stuff happening on GOG. Keep in mind unchecking this does not mean you would not never receive any GOG ad - they will just be less tailored to your interests.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

aniviron posted:

Note that you will probably want to go to your account settings after claiming this one - gog used to simply sign you up for their newsletter when you claimed free poo poo, now it also signs you up for their affiliates.

Bastards
I went and made sure all things were unchecked before adding to library.
Which looked like this after getting the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My email address!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

OgNar posted:

Bastards
I went and made sure all things were unchecked before adding to library.
Which looked like this after getting the game.

that has literally been the central point of gog's free games giveaways since day 1
from the very first one it has always signed you up for marketing emails

i've been going to the settings and re-unsubscribing after claiming the free game every time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just block them from my email client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the free gamers curse

a game for merely an email but what true price is an email?