Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Only knew Boba through this thread, seemed like a stressed to the max artist just trying to make it with good old fashioned hard work and networking/ advertising. A real one, I'm sad she's gone. Wish u success on whatever projects you work on from here out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Welcome, any tourists from SAD. This is normally a pleasant thread where we post comics, discuss them, and make references and jokes that often encompass multiple of them in a fun way. It's really lovely that this has happened twice with two thread regulars, and I'm hoping this doesn't become a place people come specifically looking for drama. EDIT: and I really do wish Boba the best, despite this truly lovely thing.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Aug 25, 2023

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #7: "Spooky Stuff"

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sucks that this happened (twice). Hope Boba’s doing well in spite of things

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I much prefer when we give each other cool fun thread related avatars

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ditocoaf posted:

Welcome, any tourists from SAD. This is normally a pleasant thread where we post comics, discuss them, and make references and jokes that often encompass multiple of them in a fun way. It's really lovely that this has happened twice with two thread regulars, and I'm hoping this doesn't become a place people come specifically looking for drama. EDIT: and I really do wish Boba the best, despite this truly lovely thing.

Anyone comes looking for drama, I'll start posting Fun Nature Facts. That'll sort em.
Nature Fact #387. The golden whistler is named for its colour (gold) and its call (whistling.)
Stay tuned for more bird facts.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I bought myself a redtext that pretended to be from someone else (not anyone specific) in a freak fit of self flagellation back in the The Ayshkerbundy days, but it wasn't a self-dox (and barely anyone saw it anyways because it was right before a ban I had landed myself went into effect)

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Hey guys what's g--

What, again? Two times in the same year??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Let's see if we can go for the threepeat!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Let's see if we can go for the threepeat!

Maybe the threeapist instead?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I bought myself a redtext that pretended to be from someone else (not anyone specific) in a freak fit of self flagellation back in the The Ayshkerbundy days, but it wasn't a self-dox (and barely anyone saw it anyways because it was right before a ban I had landed myself went into effect)

I'm glad you became a better poster because I noticed a lot of my posts in the old comic thread were calling you an rear end in a top hat but you're cool these days

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn it Boba.
Don't self immolate on internet, friends. Just take a break, maybe spend a week reading books or hiking.

Internet overexposure can easily exacerbate your existing problems and it's important to just let your mind breath.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Last time in Vigils for Friends:

Today: I thought Shelly was from Cornwall, not Italy.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Olympic caliber Mario jump

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Welp my computer rebooted for updates so i can't remote in lol, King and Wumuu will return to conclude their fight this weekend

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Anyone comes looking for drama, I'll start posting Fun Nature Facts. That'll sort em.
Nature Fact #387. The golden whistler is named for its colour (gold) and its call (whistling.)
Stay tuned for more bird facts.

History fact 1652: The Russian Orthodox Church once had a schism over whether to cross yourself with three fingers or two. The dissenters were called the Old Believers or Old Ritualists and were persecuted by the Tsars for the next couple hundreds years with varying degrees of vigour.

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance chapter 20.5: company retreat edition

I think it'll be cool to stay in a traditional Japanese inn some time. With my coworkers? Er, maybe not?

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 9: Of Casting Stones

Uncle can't work his eye bullshit if he's getting hassled by emergency workers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*sigh* I'm thinking about clowns again

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:)it's the old Craig's List thing: the odds are good but the goods are odd.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

still no new pages of Clown Corps

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

still no new pages of Clown Corps

no it just updated

Captain Hygiene posted:

*sigh* I'm thinking about clowns again

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

there's 2065 pages of clowns in this very thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

false knees
14AUG2020 - 31OCT2020

no clue why that one's so huge. presumably the files have been uploaded in a different resolution from this point on

false knees
13NOV2020 - 22JAN2021

so yeah the image files now get colossal, way bigger than the false knees site can apparently handle given how slowly they load. hurrah! large birds.

earsplitting dove coos

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
But... Boba definitely knew that Some Plague Rats went down for self-doxxing. It wasn't even long agt and it happened right here. They definitely would have known that admins can see when people do it. I don't... understand?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

But... Boba definitely knew that Some Plague Rats went down for self-doxxing. It wasn't even long agt and it happened right here. They definitely would have known that admins can see when people do it. I don't... understand?

So they did it through the anonymous version of "Buy for another account", but they screwed up and posted right after it on their account without turning off the VPN they used to buy the avatar.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Ah man.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 62

Takako-san chapter 63
Takako vs the 24 hour news cycle.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

concious the last panel is conveying "hey the dude is getting the attention of the station staff" but it really looks like he's been caught

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

that's a pretty sweet coat, Takako. kinda want to see the real life reference it's drawn from.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

concious the last panel is conveying "hey the dude is getting the attention of the station staff" but it really looks like he's been caught

:same:, frankly.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

that's a pretty sweet coat, Takako. kinda want to see the real life reference it's drawn from.

It's a small thing and I really don't know much about womenswear, but I like how distinct Takako's look has been without resorting to the 'uniform' a lot cartoon character designs end up with. Scarves, dresses, floppy robe-adjacent tops, etc, it really works for her. Certainly it's distinguished Takako from the -kako - even with their similar art style, they give totally different vibes.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Donald Duck - The Lord of the Pan

Thus concludes the epic story of The Lord of the Pan. Now for something completely different:

Donald Duck - Donald Fracas

In 1863, Théophile Gautier published his classic adventure novel Captain Fracasse, about a nobleman who goes undercover in an acting troupe. Such a well-known classic obviously demands a Donald Duck adaptation, so here it is, with the Captain portrayed by Donald Duck, and the other characters replaced by Disney characters from completely different properties (transl. by Duck Comics Revue).

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 10:32 on Aug 25, 2023

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

It's a small thing and I really don't know much about womenswear, but I like how distinct Takako's look has been without resorting to the 'uniform' a lot cartoon character designs end up with. Scarves, dresses, floppy robe-adjacent tops, etc, it really works for her. Certainly it's distinguished Takako from the -kako - even with their similar art style, they give totally different vibes.

You can really tell when the artist actually pays attention to what people around them wear instead of just drawing whatever from the usual references. John Allison is another artist who's great at it, I love how his characters' styles look like the kind of stuff people like them would wear in real life, with just a little extra thrown in.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

there's 2065 pages of clowns in this very thread

finally some recognition of my craft

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Ditocoaf posted:

It's really lovely that this has happened twice with two thread regulars,

You have to admit, that's one of the fewest number of times for that to have happened.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
The Djinn, by 深海巨狗 (read left to right)

Chapter 7

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I really shouldn't be posting this after the legit splendor of Djinn, but here are some THREADCLOWNS

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 26-Nov 9, 1941)

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

Djinn continues to defy expectations. You know what it reminds me of at this point? The movie 'whiplash'. Every time you think you know where it's going it fukken veers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gee thanks for this great ship and crew, Angor.