Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Barovs been disabled for a while now due to a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

RatHat posted:

yuuuup

(not mine)

So I literally just had this game:

I’m sure we’ve all had bigger minions, but the thing is, playing on my iPad, I can only play so many elementals in a turn, even when they are FREE lol. It was all I could do to throw out 10-15 minions every turn and call it day, with literally infinite money, and no time to really ponder over triples and prizes.

I also played a dude in another game that had a setup almost identical to OPs picture, a whole board full of 10000 stat braggarts… but with no divine shield. And he got easily wiped by my full board of poison lol.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Beasteh posted:

Barovs been disabled for a while now due to a bug

that explains that then. Bit weird that they'd offer him as a skin but then again, it's totally not weird

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Ok they need to ban tess/scabbs from oops all X lobbies and ban elise (the minion) from a faire reward lobbies

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Ok they need to ban … oops all X lobbies

Fixed!

They’ve gotta have stats on the number of people that quit lobbies right? I would loving love to see the stats on which anomalies are quit the most.

I finally got a “unused money carries over” game. It was pretty interesting but I was just totally guessing at when to strategically save money. Not sure how to develop a strategy or meta for a mode you only see 1/100 games.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 25, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Thorim with “start at 10 gold” is pretty hilarious, you can get your tier 7 minion on like turn 5

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Oops All Quillboars was actually pretty fun, I gotta say

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

that explains that then. Bit weird that they'd offer him as a skin but then again, it's totally not weird

Oh so that's why I couldn't set that skin for him and it still shows up as a notification.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Just got domed for 40+ damage on turn 11 against an Undead player with Recurring Nightmares. I got 6th with double golden Tethys, double Blade Collector, and a golden Courier on board :shepface:

Maybe it's my fault for trying to go for APM pirates with lovely ping though

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Recurring Nightmares and any sort of double deathrattle seem to be pretty much unbeatable

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I like the 4 minion Andy lazy first place comp that's a reborn Papa Bear, a Mama Bear, and two golden slammas

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW

Desert Bus posted:

Updated and better thanks to the Dreadscale buff:

### Beasty Boys 2.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAwbJFMoU25EE57kEsJMF0/gFDLsF2QnquwKghQOkiAOizgPm7gOU/AODyATA7QSP5AXI9gUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This might be the best/most fun version of this deck yet. Been winning like crazy and absolutely took apart an astral automaton priest deck. Dude got 0 damage through to my hero despite getting the automatons up to like 13/13. Just hilarious.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Ol' Limber Legs posted:

This might be the best/most fun version of this deck yet. Been winning like crazy and absolutely took apart an astral automaton priest deck. Dude got 0 damage through to my hero despite getting the automatons up to like 13/13. Just hilarious.

Acidmaw turns Springpaw into a 2 cost kill two creatures lol

Agreed, this is the best build yet.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Totem Shaman feels like a real sleeper hit for me, rode it at 73% WR up to D4 even before the big warlock nerfs (which felt like the worst matchup).

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Totem Shaman has been consistently solid for quite a while; the main issue with it is that there’s nothing really new about it, so it’s kind of boring. It plays no Titans cards and almost no Festival of Legends cards, just Magatha and sometimes Backstage Bouncer. Its only big boosts this year came from the Core Set refresh.

I’ve been meaning to mess around with a variant that uses Golganneth and an overload/Horn of the Windlord package, just for some variety, but it’s never really seemed like the most fun thing to play at any given moment.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Did they change how Magnetic works in battlegrounds? The Foe Reaper and the Beatboxer should be roughly the same size here, but the Beatboxer is only getting the base stats of attached mechs

peer fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 28, 2023

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Well the tier 7 +10/10 guy effect did not work with magnetic, so maybe they changed something to fix that and forgot to apply the fix to beatboxer.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

sounds right

peer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 28, 2023

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Recurring Nightmare needs to read: “Summon a tier 1 Recurring Nightmare”

It’s ridiculous that you can kill 15 of the drat things but still take 48 damage because their last minion had 6 of them jnside.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It wouldn’t be recurring then! :eng101:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I don't know why they put in the "All Denathrius" anomaly. It's basically just the quest patch we just had but without hero powers

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Denathrius is the most popular hero by a mile, that's probably why (E.T.C is second)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so apparently they stealth buffed Firelands Portal; it's now deal 6 damage summon a random 6 cost minion

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1696568401861447777

In what universe does recurring nightmare need a loving buff? Is that a misprint? There's no way

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Rip hunter

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My guess: Halduron to a 4 mana 4/4, the Fox spirit to a 2/1 (or 2/2 if they're feeling generous) and 8 mana for Faithful Companions

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Recurring Nightmare buff is baffling but I guess they seem to be buffing 7-stars in general also. I hope it's just something minor like a stat buff to compensate for Primus going away.

I like that they're adding back Drakkisath and Tavern Tempest though

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Time to read the VS rapport and figure out which decks (Arcane) Hunter kept in check.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so apparently they stealth buffed Firelands Portal; it's now deal 6 damage summon a random 6 cost minion

this happened to quite a few cards they were toying with in testing and accidentally pushed live. timber wolf became a 1/2, swipe went to 3 mana, glaivezooka gave a random friendly minion +2 attack, some others I've forgotten, let me look them up... dragon's breath to 5 damage, and jinyu waterspeaker to 4/6. dragon's breath, swipe, and glaivezooka are reverted; timber wolf, firelands portal, and jinyu waterspeaker are here to stay.

Color Printer posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1696568401861447777

In what universe does recurring nightmare need a loving buff? Is that a misprint? There's no way

comedy option for faithful companions: manathirst (11)

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
All three of the Wildseeds, as well as the Wildseed weapon, have gotten nerfed. I wonder if that’s the record for most nerfs on a card/mechanic. The Caverns Below got hit twice, The Demon Seed… three or four times?

I guess the price of Hunter having such a generically strong, non-synergy-based suite of cards is that you have to start nerfing stuff that looks pretty innocuous in isolation.

…I kind of feel like Trial by Fire needs to be reverted. That’s a classic example of a card that wasn’t seeing play because its deck was bad, not because it itself was bad, but they buffed it and now it’s off the frigging chain.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

bravesword posted:

All three of the Wildseeds, as well as the Wildseed weapon, have gotten nerfed. I wonder if that’s the record for most nerfs on a card/mechanic. The Caverns Below got hit twice, The Demon Seed… three or four times?

I guess the price of Hunter having such a generically strong, non-synergy-based suite of cards is that you have to start nerfing stuff that looks pretty innocuous in isolation.

…I kind of feel like Trial by Fire needs to be reverted. That’s a classic example of a card that wasn’t seeing play because its deck was bad, not because it itself was bad, but they buffed it and now it’s off the frigging chain.

Sidequests Questlines were something like 6/9 getting nerfed.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 30, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

bravesword posted:

all they're doing is making it easier and easier for priest / control decks to keep rising :smith: knew it wouldn't last but we'll be back to 20+ min. games in no time....

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Only tiers 1-4 is a weird one. Especially when you have some minion types that have key combo pieces in 4 and others that need 5 or 6. Like Beast has Banana Slamma and Rattler but mechs have, uh, the 5 damage guy, I guess?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23987539/27-2-2-patch-notes

Patch today, Fox Spirit Wildseed now a 2/1, Halduron now a 4-mana 4/4, Faithful Companions now has "Summon a beast from your hand" as the manathirst effect

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That’s the end of hound hunter. I didn’t think the previous round of nerfs warranted the level of drop off it’s had but now it’s had its flat out been castrated; and a lot of slower control decks (and probably some faster ones) will be thrilled. Secret hunter will probably still be fine.

Totem shaman is looking like a good new (old) aggro choice. We’ll probably see an uptick in Paladin too. One less deck that can pull an otk straight outta it’s rear end will suit a ton of decks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally, triple blood is back!!!

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

The Lord Bude posted:

That’s the end of hound hunter. I didn’t think the previous round of nerfs warranted the level of drop off it’s had but now it’s had its flat out been castrated; and a lot of slower control decks (and probably some faster ones) will be thrilled. Secret hunter will probably still be fine.

…Ehhhh. Hunter still has a lot of very strong cards. There’s a reason it could play Renathal with no real dip in card quality. The new Companions is definitely weaker, but you can still set up burst kills with Selective Breeder and it takes some of the sting out of drawing Krush too early.

What this change does is give control decks more of a cushion, since the burst kill requires more setup instead of being pretty much automatic as long as you haven’t drawn Krush. Things like Priest and Blood DK have more of a window now. You might see Always a Bigger Jormungar come back into the deck to give it more reach, now.

The Wildseed change seems very unnecessary though. Might see that one get reverted sooner rather than later.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 30, 2023

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Faithful companions is actually a buff for me because I always draw Krush before turn 4

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
absolutely murdered some hunter cards. someone on the team must have a real hard on for control / anti-fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Can we not pretend that hunter didn’t have like 65%+ wr at all ranks