Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just want Saints Row 2 again is that too much to ask for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want Saints Row 2 again is that too much to ask for?

I wanted something between 2 and 3

Or maybe 2 and 4, 3's humor really, really doesn't hold up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
2 was better than expected
3 tried to be ironic and meta about the franchise's success and uh...did exactly the poo poo it was poking fun at
4 was different, fun enough, but also kinda odd it was a SR game at all
Agents of Mayhem :lmao:
SR 2022 could have been good, I genuinely believe this. Needed another year of development since its engine was dog rear end, and the writing needed another pass. There's nuggets of interesting ideas that just don't really go anywhere.

This is all to say Saints Row 2 was a loving accident and its shocking how much inertia the franchise has had

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

I wanted something between 2 and 3

Or maybe 2 and 4, 3's humor really, really doesn't hold up

Even if it did 4's humor is still way ahead of 3's.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

going back through my Playnite catalog and adding more theme tags, e.g. "Restoring color to the world". Under "Land of food", I have

- A Gummy's Life
- All-Star Fruit Racing
- Cake Bash
- Gummy Bears: MiniGolf for the Wii - The motion-control is reputed to be the better than any non-VR motion control mini-golf game, but I haven't tried it yet. There was also a Gummy Bears platformer, but it was terrible
- Ice Cream Surfer
- Juicy Realm
- King Boo
- Pizza Tower
- The Simpsons Game

I'm going to go through games I'd tagged "2.5D sidescroller" and tag them like "2D sidescroller with 3D rendering" (these are commonly tagged both 2D and 3D on Steam because people aren't on the same page whether they're talking about gameplay or art style), "Parallax scrolling", and "2.5D hallway sidescroller". The last is for games where you can actually move like 10 feet along the z-axis and there are some open lobbies but not much more 3D movement than that, things like Wario World that were marketed as 3D back when 3D games had fixed camera angles a lot more often

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 25, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Agents of Mayhem as it came out is such a weird, bad idea

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

They gonna give us the fonts??

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shinjobi posted:

This is all to say Saints Row 2 was a loving accident and its shocking how much inertia the franchise has had

Saints Row was a mediocre GTA clone. With Saints Row 2 they expanded and improved on the first game and created a really good GTA clone with its own distinct style and flavor. But then they decided they didn’t want to make GTA clones anymore. Even though all people wanted was a different option for scratching the GTA itch.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the val-hall-a devs worked with nendoroid to do a... dorothy figure, complete with swappable blushing face. loving gross

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Forgot to crosspost this here last night to the wider games posters:
Since the new season of Fortnite is starting tomorrow it is a great time to check it out or jump back in. Come join the fortnite goons on our discord and shoot people. https://discord.gg/yGtyGQXZ

New season is sick so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, when's the funkopop?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The 7th Guest posted:

the val-hall-a devs worked with nendoroid to do a... dorothy figure, complete with swappable blushing face. loving gross

I never played Valhalla, why is that bad?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its an android child prostitute character

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hatty posted:

its an android child prostitute character

ah.

Now I'm confused why 7th Guest's post implies there are characters from this anime child prostitute game whose merchandise wouldn't be objectionable?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Saints Row 5 - After being able to travel through space and time, the gang wake up after the biggest party ever with the biggest hangover,
to find Steelport is fractured across time and space.
One is in medivel, one is prehistoric, one current time frame, one Ultor SR1/2, one futuristic, etc
And you do the same poo poo but this time your riding a Velociraptor smacking people with a Jousting Dildo.While Aha is playing
Medivel dung cart spreading on peasants, car insurance with fifth element cars, taking over terrorities bit by bit.
And thats just a minute about thinking of a sequel.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Saints Row 5 - After being able to travel through space and time, the gang wake up after the biggest party ever with the biggest hangover,
to find Steelport is fractured across time and space.
One is in medivel, one is prehistoric, one current time frame, one Ultor SR1/2, one futuristic, etc
And you do the same poo poo but this time your riding a Velociraptor smacking people with a Jousting Dildo.While Aha is playing
Medivel dung cart spreading on peasants, car insurance with fifth element cars, taking over terrorities bit by bit.
And thats just a minute about thinking of a sequel.

You just want Saints Row but the map is the map from Fortnite?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

You just want Saints Row but the map is the map from Fortnite?

Fortnite for adults.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I understand the desire to modernize Saints Row a bit, as was said previously a lot of that wacky stuff hasn't aged the best, but from what I've seen of 2022, I don't think that was it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gripweed posted:

ah.

Now I'm confused why 7th Guest's post implies there are characters from this anime child prostitute game whose merchandise wouldn't be objectionable?
it was a weirdly popular VN with normies on Steam because it was a bartender game where you serve drinks to characters as you hear their life stories in a cyberpunk world. every other character is an adult, and then dorothy shows up and is like "yea i'm a sex worker robot designed to look like a child to cater to pedophiles, anyway can i have a beer" and it's like, whattttt arrrreee youuuu doiiiinnng gaaaame pull up pull up pull up

her arrival basically sus-magnifies the fact that the other characters also have pretty youthful faces but they had plausible deniability by being like "well, we don't actually ENDORSE the off-screen behaviors in the world it's just a negative aspect of the cyberpunk universe"

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 25, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Everything else about the game is very good but yeah Dorothy is weird. I don't think she even brings that part up much after her first appearance

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

anyway grapple dog 2 was announced so i'm hyphy about that. also star citizen passed $600M in funding lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Everything else about the game is very good

I liked the part where nothing ever happens

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do androids drink beer?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

not familiar with this Asimov story

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

Why do people?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

To get drunk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Drugs are fun OP

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does alcohol work on androids?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The 7th Guest posted:

anyway grapple dog 2 was announced so i'm hyphy about that.

oh nice, I played the first one because of your GOTY post and really dug it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I haven't played the game in years so I honestly forget what their explanation is in-universe

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there isn't one

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

happyhippy posted:

Fortnite for adults.

That's zero build.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MajorBonnet posted:

That's zero build.

And it is good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Does alcohol work on androids?

It's the future so I'm sure they have apple cyber

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's the future so I'm sure they have apple cyber

:lmao:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

oh nice, I played the first one because of your GOTY post and really dug it
unfortunately there's been no 2d platformer on that level this year, but Mario Wonder does come out in october...

this has been the year of the retro shooter instead. 3 of my top 6 are retro shooters (HROT, Quake 2 Remaster/Call of the Machine, Slayers X) and if i had Turbo Overkill i bet it'd be top 10 as well

e: also Blood West later this year

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 25, 2023

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
saints row 3 is mostly cringe but i do think the moment when you're in a wrestling match and someone throws a chainsaw into the ring is a certified classic gaming moment

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saints Row 5: Saints In Space

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

2 was better than expected
3 tried to be ironic and meta about the franchise's success and uh...did exactly the poo poo it was poking fun at
4 was different, fun enough, but also kinda odd it was a SR game at all
Agents of Mayhem :lmao:
SR 2022 could have been good, I genuinely believe this. Needed another year of development since its engine was dog rear end, and the writing needed another pass. There's nuggets of interesting ideas that just don't really go anywhere.

I picked up SR Reboot yesterday because it was $20 for its Steam debut and $20 for an alleged Tripple A game these days is a steal. Haven't touched it yet because, well, Armored Core 6, but I'm interested to see if it's as bad as the review bombing chud crowd thinks it is or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
how many goddamn Saints Row games do I have to buy to finally get Freespace 3 out the door