Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Haslam is way up there, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Haslam? Spanos? Or are those guys just dickheads and not actively evil

Haslam absolutely crossed the threshold with just the Deshaun stuff

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

Sex_Marxist posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress the cowboys, gently caress em

Cartoon Man posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

With Snyder gone, who remains the most evil owner in the NFL now, Jerry?

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Haslam sucks and I don't want to downplay that, but the Watson stuff also screamed of desperation on the part of Haslam. The Browns are not the most valuable sports team in the world, nor have they been particularly relevant. He made a controversial move in the hope that it would turn things around.

Jerry would never. Jerry would make a dumb rear end trade or signing, it would blow up in his face, Romo would get his dick kicked up into his ribcage to end a season in disappointment, and Jerry would shed a single tear before looking at all the profit he made off his mediocre rear end team, and nothing would change.

Admittedly, this is just the viewpoint from the football side of things. I don't know if we can compare skeletons of both when they don't usually get dug up around Dallas.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

It's Michael Bidwell in terms of worst at helping his team win. Cheap, stupid, and incredibly defensive. He's an Angelos (MLB - Orioles) caliber douche and a failson to boot.

He's not a worse person than Haslem, and probably not worse than Jerry

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The worst owner in the league has to be truly awful both on the field and off. I think it’s Jerry now.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jerry sucks big time but I can’t put him at rock bottom simply because he actually wants to win, which can’t be said for every owner. Def a massive piece of poo poo though.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Jerry sucks big time but I can’t put him at rock bottom simply because he actually wants to win, which can’t be said for every owner. Def a massive piece of poo poo though.

Snyder wanted to win. It’s not a defense.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Jerry is a billionaire and all billionaires are evil but there's degrees of evil and gently caress the cowboys but "harbors a known serial sexual assaulter and gives him hundreds of millions of dollars" is a level of evil beyond.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

counterpoint: Jerry absolutely does NOT want to win without also getting the credit for it, and would trade Ten superbowls where he isn't named the GM for one where he gets to pretend he, "Did it without Jimmy" because he's an enormous, insecure baby who never got approval from his father

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

blarzgh posted:

counterpoint: Jerry absolutely does NOT want to win without also getting the credit for it, and would trade Ten superbowls where he isn't named the GM for one where he gets to pretend he, "Did it without Jimmy" because he's an enormous, insecure baby who never got approval from his father

I do agree with this.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Jerry will always be a bastard for keeping Jimmy Johnson out of the ring of honor seemingly over his dead body.

He's still not half as bad as the worst failsons and rich dick owners. But, definitely a grade A rear end in a top hat.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1695214383729717550
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1695215629265981837

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean....okay? Sure. Just let the man practice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: trading up to draft him early in the first then eventually sending him off for a fourth.

Mana Dragon
Nov 1, 2007

Ware Smash!
I mean for a 4th round pick for Trey Lance its not a huge investment, so if he winds up just being a bad NFL quaterback no huge loss. Best case scenario Trey winds up being an eventual replacement for Dak but he needs a lot of time and practice because saying he is a raw talent is an understatement.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LOL

Barf why did they sign a QB that can actually compete with Dak if hes so good?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You can never have too many athletes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I will say that our team well values a quality backup QB so it isn't a bad move or anything, but if Dak has a bad game or two, there will be Lance chants and we saw what that did to a one Carson Wentz

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Eh, Romo put up with morons calling for Jon fuckin Kitna to be the starter for years. Dak will be fine.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
dak prescott is so, so much more of a leader and stable force in the locker room than wentz ever was

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

dak prescott is so, so much more of a leader and stable force in the locker room than wentz ever was

A bar so in Hell even Satan kinda has to dig to view it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Diqnol posted:

Barf why did they sign a QB that can actually compete with Dak if hes so good?

I'm not sure Lance actually can lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think it’s hard to call Jerry one of the worst owners or even one of the worst GMs when the Cowboys consistently draft so well.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It's been long established that Jerry isn't the primary drafter anymore and Stephen Jones is.

Jones is evil and dumb but I don't think he's the worst owner. Haslam is very dumb and also evil, look up how his company got raided by the FBI because he was scamming customers

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Another reason to strongly dislike Trey Lance I suppose and think he sucks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Febreeze posted:

It's been long established that Jerry isn't the primary drafter anymore and Stephen Jones is.

Right, but delegating that responsibility to a miraculously competent son still qualifies as competent management

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Jerry Jones was in the crowd of people resisting the integration of Little Rock High School in 1957 so he's in like his own special category

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Love to have another great quarterback on My Team

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The rest of the non-Dallas NFC East should just surrender now.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Simmons all over the place and with a nice rush.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao if anyone thinks picking up trey Lance for a used jockstrap is at all a threat to dak. Like come on, this is obviously a kick the tires cause literally nobody knows what trey actually is so why not. I'm just jealous eagles didn't do it because if hurts goes down it is DIRE.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
QBs are at a premium across the league due to concussion rules. It's reasonable to punt a 4th round pick on a former top 5 pick.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I bet McCarthy knows how to develop physically talented QBs behind an entrenched starter

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao if anyone thinks picking up trey Lance for a used jockstrap is at all a threat to dak. Like come on, this is obviously a kick the tires cause literally nobody knows what trey actually is so why not. I'm just jealous eagles didn't do it because if hurts goes down it is DIRE.

? Mariota would be ok

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I didn't follow Simmons in college and can't think of one time I saw him on Arizona, but I'm a believer. Dude is huge and fast and if Wink uses him like he used Landon Collins last season we might have a fun wrinkle on defense.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

davecrazy posted:

I didn't follow Simmons in college and can't think of one time I saw him on Arizona, but I'm a believer. Dude is huge and fast and if Wink uses him like he used Landon Collins last season we might have a fun wrinkle on defense.

He's mediocre at everything but if you put him in a blitz heavy role you're gonna be extra unhappy. He's a safety sized like a linebacker who gambles in coverage.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diqnol posted:

? Mariota would be ok
Mariota was dreadfully bad last year and has looked worse this preseason.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mariota was so bad that he just went home one day and nobody cared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah, if Hurts goes down the Eagles are toast. Mariota has done exactly nothing to inspire an iota of confidence.