Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Covermeinsunshine posted:

So my bet on Blades of Khorne as 4th faction

Pretty pretty please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Tzeentch is my bet too.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
An IRL friend got me into AOS, it can be pretty fun! We started with some 1k games at the LGS, then up to 2k. Each game would unlock a new mechanic. Sooooo much to keep track of, shout out AOS reminders.

Luckily my LGS is pretty proxy friendly, and I can use my works spare laser cutter and 3d printer to make dudes. I've only played nurgle so far, but I love them. Running thricefold befoulement rules, I love having 3 Greater Unclean Ones kicking rear end and taking names. A shame that running it in a tourney would be hundreds of dollars 😬

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

IAmThatIs posted:

An IRL friend got me into AOS, it can be pretty fun! We started with some 1k games at the LGS, then up to 2k. Each game would unlock a new mechanic. Sooooo much to keep track of, shout out AOS reminders.

Luckily my LGS is pretty proxy friendly, and I can use my works spare laser cutter and 3d printer to make dudes. I've only played nurgle so far, but I love them. Running thricefold befoulement rules, I love having 3 Greater Unclean Ones kicking rear end and taking names. A shame that running it in a tourney would be hundreds of dollars 😬

I mean tournaments are often fine with proxy. But if you can slap together some stand ins I would try other lists before investing into anything anyway. Nurgle has decent list of playable minis

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

rita repulsa vampire for WH+

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I really miss the old Von Carstein models :(

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Count Thrashula posted:

I really miss the old Von Carstein models :(

Do you have them? You can still use them easily.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

did she mold her helm to fit her hair or did she style her hair to fit in the helm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

did she mold her helm to fit her hair or did she style her hair to fit in the helm

Hairspray horns

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Placed an order for the Cities of Sigmar set for US $150 today, so feeling pretty good about that! Also picked up the Dawnbring box for Phulgot/Nurgle for 105, so feeling good about that one too!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Painted a skink. Still not jazzed about GW giving them noses in the redesign, but they're alright

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/28/the-grim-and-the-slim-duardin-and-aelven-units-in-the-cities-of-sigmar/

For those wondering what to do with the elf and dwarf CoS units you have left, GW has finally decided to preview those rules.

Edit:
Also, new squig.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/28/klonk-kordially-invites-you-to-the-nova-open-preview/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 28, 2023

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Edit:
Also, new squig.

tunnel squigs rule

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

I want to see an orc character with on leg up on a heroic rocksquig

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

That's a great dog right there

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Squig Dandy looking good.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Is there any place people recommend for online ordering of models? I usually look to Noble Knight because I can just go pick up my order, but they're out of stock on some things I'm looking for.

edit: I'm in the US.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I order almost everything through eBay, and almost never pay more than 85% of retail.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

How are things currently looking for a Tempest's Eye cities of sigmar list?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Lucinice posted:

How are things currently looking for a Tempest's Eye cities of sigmar list?

Well you get free disengage so in army that will be packing a lot of shoting I would say its not a bad subfaction. But if you mean mixing KO and cos and sce in list I would say haha no

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Funzo posted:

Is there any place people recommend for online ordering of models? I usually look to Noble Knight because I can just go pick up my order, but they're out of stock on some things I'm looking for.

edit: I'm in the US.

Anything in particular you are looking for? If you are looking for large/expensive boxes I found the best way to do it is search on eBay for a UK seller that participates in the eBay global shipping program.

For example, the link below has the Cities of Sigmar new box set for between $150-160 including shipping, depending on how the pound is doing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1260669835...%3Avlp_homepage

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Covermeinsunshine posted:

But if you mean mixing KO and cos and sce in list I would say haha no

:(

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Tonight I played my S2D for the first time, also against Ironjaws for the first time. It was really good, and basically felt like I was playing a different and better game than rocking up with my Stormcast.

I am a little worried I have gone too far, too fast, though. I rolled Demon Prince for my Exalted Hero initial, and I started the last turn of the game by detonating my sorc lord on a miscast. Things can only go downhill from here.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Primal Dice this year mean you will get to blow up your Sorc Lord as often as you want.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

The preshow quiz reel has begun so we are very close for the Nova Open Preview to start.

We know about the Ironjawz, but looks like we might get Hedonites too.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 31, 2023

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

That kinda looks like a trogg arm

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So the third one in that image is a troll. Trugg the Troggoth King.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trugg got some plumber’s crack

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's Ironjawz time, and they're getting an overhaul by the looks of it.
Or at least new models. Outside of BIG PIG.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-previews-trugg-the-troggoth-king/
Trugg article up.

And Ironjawz get their own Slayers now.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-open-previews-an-avalanche-of-ironjawz/
Ironjawz article up.

The next Warcry set will feature humans versus Ogre Gorgers.
Which is an interesting matchup.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 31, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That Troggoth King model looks like it should be in Warmachine/Hordes

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And the obviously Slaaneshi model is for Underworlds, against a Idoneth warband in DEATHGORGE!

There's a Squid!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-open-preview-the-gorger-mawpack-prepare-to-make-a-meal-out-of-the-wildercorps/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 31, 2023

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

I like the concept but those antlers feel quite out of place

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

JBP posted:

It literally just looks like a bigger version of the new troggs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

S.J. posted:

It literally just looks like a bigger version of the new troggs

Does it literally look like that?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

JBP posted:

Does it literally look like that?

Yeah! Glad you've caught up, continue to be weirdly passive aggressive I guess

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Looks a bit different to the existing rock/dank trolls tbh, same kind of beast but a slightly different style. I can see a Rackham comparison in the nose and the paintjob, more than Warmahordes, but I’m getting some David Bauer vibes with the beard and antlers. More woodland Finnish vibes than goofy mushroom monster.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

JBP posted:

Why would you condemn him to dead game

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I really dig the slaneeshi but not sexy look of that warband leader. It's great when they remember the other aspects.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm just upset by how sick the new Ard Boyz look because I'll have to spend money on them :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
loving fine I'll buy back into Underworlds you monsters