Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mustached Demon posted:

Wear a singlet and then you're serious.

Battleaxe gym has been selling pump covers. I feel those show you are really serious

Buschmaki posted:

double dipping will get you KILLED at a strongman comp

Thor just got randomly angry and doesn't know why

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't say weird stuff but I do pro wrestling taunts at weights if I need a little help lifting them. Usually either Batista's like machine gun entrance thingie, or Kenny Omega's finger gun thingie. But I only do it for a weight that will be tough, but yet I know I can lift. It would be extremely embarrassing to me to do a taunt then not make the lift. I lift by myself in a home gym. I would not do these things in front of other people.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Batterypowered7 posted:

I don't say poo poo like that, but whenever the program I'm doing calls for overhead press, I remember the Goon whose friend came over and overhead pressed more by "cheating" (lowering the bar a little bit before pressing upwards). Always gets a good laugh out of me.

That's called a push press and a totally acceptable lift.

It's just not an overhead press.

I usually say stuff like "get your foot out there you lazy poo poo" during jerks or "stand up you bum" when I don't get into a good second pull position.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 19, 2023

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

"gently caress yeah"

But it's all in how you say it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i say "phew" and "yeesh" a lot

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I shout sex stuff like “you like that?! Yeah you like it don’t you! Take it! Take it!”

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/WdIu2BF.mp4

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Buschmaki posted:

Anyone else say completely deranged insane poo poo while lifting? I've been saying poo poo like "Power is everything...." or "The weak survive; the strong thrive"

I listen to AMVs of goku and vegeta yelling.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Weebly posted:

I listen to AMVs of goku and vegeta yelling.

Ngl, been looking around for a good Goku wall scroll to put up in my garage to inspire me while feeding the pythons

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Nooner posted:

Ngl, been looking around for a good Goku wall scroll to put up in my garage to inspire me while feeding the pythons

Why don’t you commission a goon to draw you up some? Have you seen :goku:

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I’m starting to outfit my home gym and I’m working on adorning the walls with art. Currently on a Frank Frazetta kick and I think it’s suiting the theme perfectly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cobra Commander posted:

I’m starting to outfit my home gym and I’m working on adorning the walls with art. Currently on a Frank Frazetta kick and I think it’s suiting the theme perfectly.

You need one of those "oh please tread on me" flags.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Cobra Commander posted:

Any suggestions where to order those from?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I haven’t gotten any yet and the internet is a strange and scary place. Redbubble is loaded with stolen art that I can get prints of.

Frazettagirls is one of the top searches but I don’t know if it’s official or just like Redbubble.

There’s also the frazetta museum which has prints which I might consider if it’s legit.

What I’m saying is I don’t know where to get quality legit prints.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Buschmaki posted:

Anyone else say completely deranged insane poo poo while lifting? I've been saying poo poo like "Power is everything...." or "The weak survive; the strong thrive"
mentally screaming LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYY before each and every set. warm up, max weight, cool down, just the bar: it’s always light weight, baby.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Cobra Commander posted:

I haven’t gotten any yet and the internet is a strange and scary place. Redbubble is loaded with stolen art that I can get prints of.

Frazettagirls is one of the top searches but I don’t know if it’s official or just like Redbubble.

There’s also the frazetta museum which has prints which I might consider if it’s legit.

What I’m saying is I don’t know where to get quality legit prints.

I just checked Frazettagirls and their about page says they were founded and are run by Frank's daughter and granddaughter. They also did a partnership with Robert Rodriguez in their early days to do a touring exhibition of the gallery. Seems like the most legit way to get quality prints. I'll probably pick some up at some point.

I stayed at a Johnny Morris resort that had an amazing weight room inspired by 1950's era lifters. Everything was cedar wood with views of the lake, leather chairs with a giant fireplace, huge prints of classical body builders, etc. it was really beautiful and I've also thought about replicating the prints in my home gym.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
every now and then I have to remind myself to shut up and just lift. Like when I start going "hm are my squats feeling a little high or am I not hip draahve-ing enough" and I just have to go

"gently caress off and squat", usually as I'm shoving my head under the bar and just going

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

mentally screaming LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYY before each and every set. warm up, max weight, cool down, just the bar: it’s always light weight, baby.

I also mentally channel my inner Ronnie whenever I do things at the gym.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Hope everyone is getting jacked today. I went to a different branch of the gym I had never been to before, doing the heavy triples today, love that energy.

Listening to rave music..

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Why did no one grip it on the outside of the bar, the end with the most plates. There was a grippable bit there. smdh

*fake video etc.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Is it actually impressive that he's able to hold 130+mystery plate kg in one hand or nah? He's obviously not weak but looks like he might be hook gripping in which case it's easy poo poo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
hit 315x1x3 and 1x1 today on deadlift beltless. I am returning to my old level of strength. I'm so weak that I'm disgusted with myself. I need more power....

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Buschmaki posted:

hit 315x1x3 and 1x1 today on deadlift beltless. I am returning to my old level of strength. I'm so weak that I'm disgusted with myself. I need more power....

Doth thou desire power?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm loving excited to get swole tonight after work

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
In spite of basically not being able to lift for the last two months, to honor 20 years of posting and my logbook entering its 23rd year of use I worked up to a press double of 175lbs. Felt ok. :911:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i’ve been in this gym for almost a month before i realized all these cable machines are marked in kilos. loving science nerds trying to give me even worse body dysmorphia

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TenementFunster posted:

i’ve been in this gym for almost a month before i realized all these cable machines are marked in kilos. loving science nerds trying to give me even worse body dysmorphia

LOL

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Weight on cable machines don't mean nothing anyways, if your going up your good

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Weight on cable machines don't mean nothing anyways, if your going up your good

No, you want to be working down the cable stack, not up it!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'll tell you why it's not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Weight goes up, weight goes down. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s really dumb that the same weight on one cable machine can feel completely different on another.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

On a either a table talk or IG QnA Dave Tate talked about being frustrated with some manufacturers tweaking the pulleys and leverages on machines to make them more "friendly".

So if you can full stack a machine you usually can't on others like it it's by design.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guyver posted:

On a either a table talk or IG QnA Dave Tate talked about being frustrated with some manufacturers tweaking the pulleys and leverages on machines to make them more "friendly".

So if you can full stack a machine you usually can't on others like it it's by design.

Yeah I’ve definitely seen this. Luckily only one gym has the funky machines and the others are all the same.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Guyver posted:

That really explains the weirdness when I use different cable stacks.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
If it's just a regular cable pulldown or row (as opposed to a more complex machine with rigid members and possibly cams), I believe the only thing that can change is friction, or if the cable is doubled up (i.e. the stack is attached to a pulley, not the cable itself -- HS physics poo poo) in which case it's a factor of two so it's not some weird slight difference.

It's entirely possible for the friction to make a difference, or that the weights are just mislabeled

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
That’s why I don’t gently caress with them pulleys

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Booties posted:

That’s why I don’t gently caress with them pulleys

That's not how you're supposed to use them.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I have a pulley pro hanging from the pull-up bar of my squat rack that i attach my kettel bells to for lat pulldowns. I miss cable rows and was wondering if there is a similar cable product I could get or something I could do with the pulley pro that would let me sit on the ground and pull horizontally instead of straight down. Really interested in that stretch where you sit down with legs spread open as much as you can stand it, and let the cable pull your torso closer to the ground. I'm an autistic caveman that gets frustrated easily, please help.

Trying to undo years of lovely flexibility/mobility in my hips to improve my kickboxing ability.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Bolt a 2x4 to your rack at the height you want and run a second cable through a pulley attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Constipated posted:

I have a pulley pro hanging from the pull-up bar of my squat rack that i attach my kettel bells to for lat pulldowns. I miss cable rows and was wondering if there is a similar cable product I could get or something I could do with the pulley pro that would let me sit on the ground and pull horizontally instead of straight down. Really interested in that stretch where you sit down with legs spread open as much as you can stand it, and let the cable pull your torso closer to the ground. I'm an autistic caveman that gets frustrated easily, please help.

Trying to undo years of lovely flexibility/mobility in my hips to improve my kickboxing ability.

I installed a bunch of padeyes in my home gym and got some climbing pulleys. I admittedly don’t use it much because of the set up time vs just using freeweights but I can use weights or resistance bands to do a bunch of machine exercises.