Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Absolutely everyone who wants to live in inland Florida has brainworms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i say swears online posted:

poking around that windermere community and it's mostly houses built for airb&b and/or stuffed with the most pointless hgtv poo poo imaginable. how do people want to live like this

You'll want to live the way we tell you to want to live now shut the gently caress up and pick up that can of greige paint, colors decrease resale value

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Absolutely everyone who wants to live in Florida has brainworms.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

found the price history

amazing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the gently caress

this photo has the exact same composition as a really bad political cartoon. just missing a few labels

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Troutful posted:

this photo has the exact same composition as a really bad political cartoon. just missing a few labels

edit shoulda labeled mcconnell bottom-center

Troutful
May 31, 2011

actionjackson posted:

They also needed a yard for their dogs, a Pomeranian named Bella and a Chihuahua named Vito.

A few weeks ago I was walking around a college campus and I saw a campus cop trying to shoo away a snake on the sidewalk using a stick. There was a woman walking a dog about 20 feet away and I started chatting with her about her dog, the snake situation, etc. She told me she was a retired cop from New Jersey, her dog's name was Paulie Vito, and that the police unions down here must be weak compared to New Jersey's, because back there she would have been authorized to blast the snake with mace.

edit shoulda labeled mcconnell bottom-center

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

listening to the radio and heard an ad for a wealth management company that had the line

"90% of american millionaires used real estate as their main investment vehicle"

I'm so mad

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we managed to sell my grandmas house like last week and all the poo poo went thru so i might have lucked the gently caress out at peak market there

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol that i learned this from this account

e: hmm learning this may not have actually happened :thunk:

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1695080233571934532

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

actionjackson posted:

found the price history

amazing

is this one of those things where the person in 2022 bought it from their grandma who charged them the assessed value or something?

lol at the 4 sales that look like they went into inspection and found a horrific problem and everyone backs out — the. they just resist

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vomik posted:

is this one of those things where the person in 2022 bought it from their grandma who charged them the assessed value or something?

lol at the 4 sales that look like they went into inspection and found a horrific problem and everyone backs out — the. they just resist

it's possible since sale price isn't necessarily fair market value but the post said they slapped a new roof on it and flipped it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

looool so the house we were going to get for my mom was selling for $425k - had a 1.25” slope in the kitchen, requiring 50-75k in structural engineering work, needed new water heater, furnace, had some gaps in siding in the attic…we asked for like 50k back and the seller was only willing to give us $15k off the sale price as concessions after we did all the inspections and got it all in written reports

on the same day we had to decide whether to buy it or not, another house the same distance but in the other direction came on the market without all that poo poo for the same price

so we said nm to the first house, got my $5k earnest back from them, and now they’ve relisted it at -$25k what we were going to pay

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

actionjackson posted:

these people are loving freaks

"“It was just very touristy, too"

thanks i just had a brain aneurysm

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

i am harry posted:

looool so the house we were going to get for my mom was selling for $425k - had a 1.25” slope in the kitchen, requiring 50-75k in structural engineering work, needed new water heater, furnace, had some gaps in siding in the attic…we asked for like 50k back and the seller was only willing to give us $15k off the sale price as concessions after we did all the inspections and got it all in written reports

on the same day we had to decide whether to buy it or not, another house the same distance but in the other direction came on the market without all that poo poo for the same price

so we said nm to the first house, got my $5k earnest back from them, and now they’ve relisted it at -$25k what we were going to pay

sellers are greedy stupid loving shits. good luck to your mom. sounds like she avoided a real disaster of a place though.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

sellers are greedy stupid loving shits. good luck to your mom. sounds like she avoided a real disaster of a place though.
yeah and now anyone looking at that place just on Zillow is going to see “went under contract then went back up for sale after the inspection period for less”

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Florida's "Forgotten Coast?" That sounds cool!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1163-Russell-Way-Eastpoint-FL-32328/104198713_zpid/

Mmmmm. Mildew.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Price cut: $500K (8/18)

lol that land will flat out not exist in 5 years. and its right in the armpit where hurricanes always land. poo poo aint worth a buck

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

seller is firm on price

after cutting it in half by half a million

e: jesus it was going to have a pool and hot tub on the roof

JAY ZERO SUM GAME has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Aug 30, 2023

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

listening to the radio and heard an ad for a wealth management company that had the line

"90% of american millionaires used real estate as their main investment vehicle"

I'm so mad

Most American millionaires are boomers who were lucky enough to use their chance to buy property in a place where its resale price went up a lot

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That's weird, why has this been abandoned since 2008

*zooms out map*

Oh

Edit: lol at both neighbor's houses being built on stilts

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmfao :allbuttons:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Lmao after today that half finished castle might be a little easier to haul away

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

e: jesus it was going to have a pool and hot tub on the roof

And within 50 years, it will!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao what a fuckin dunce

https://twitter.com/eade_bengard/status/1696975297491665223

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Well there's someone who never watched Judge Judy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the gently caress are you doing renovating a rental

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the gently caress are you doing renovating a rental

Hgtv dreams on a beer budget

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's expensive for a beer i'm supposed to return full in ten months

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Hgtv dreams on a beer budget

she spent like 15k

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

lmao what a dumbass

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

a strange fowl posted:

it's nice anton chigurh found a new career

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hahahaha the landlord cheering them on + praising them.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/eade_bengard/status/1697629636585562238

landlord finessing this pt barnum mark ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no updates

edit zillow lists the property taxes at less than $3000/year when they'd be closer to $50,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Had good repoirte with the landlord lol